McDermott and Beane Will Hold an End of Season Presser on 1-9 at 1 PM ET

37 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I got 20 bucks says he is gone.

I got 25 does says he stays. ;)

If I had to bet I would say he is gone, too. We are not sure, and they may not be sure, what they will do about Dennison. They will see what the market is for a trade. They will see what the draft board looks like after the combine and after the individual workouts and interviews, which will be a huge determining factor. They will talk to his agent. They will talk to agents of the top free agent QBs and GMs of teams that could possibly be trading partners. And then they will weigh everything. I would very much doubt if they themselves know right now if they will have him on the roster when the first OTAs begin.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

WATCH: FULL SEASON ENDING PRESS CONFERENCE (28:34)
General Manager Brandon Beane and Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media to discuss the 2017 season and their thoughts heading into the offseason.

Novelty value, in that we've not seen them much like this. Not wishing to be overly critical, but while there are some things to like about how they will talk to everyone when evaluating, it's pretty much a typically non-committed PC, just with a few slightly different buzz words.

Oh - and I did watch it all. ;)

Edited by Buddo
Last comment

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I got 25 does says he stays. ;)

If I had to bet I would say he is gone, too. We are not sure, and they may not be sure, what they will do about Dennison. They will see what the market is for a trade. They will see what the draft board looks like after the combine and after the individual workouts and interviews, which will be a huge determining factor. They will talk to his agent. They will talk to agents of the top free agent QBs and GMs of teams that could possibly be trading partners. And then they will weigh everything. I would very much doubt if they themselves know right now if they will have him on the roster when the first OTAs begin.

I beg to differ, in that I think they do know they want to move on from him, but aren't going to commit to doing so without sure knowledge of an alternative.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This press conference was a whole lot of nothing in terms of the expected vague responses, but still think big changes are coming especially on offense.

And even though it's a forgone conclusion TT is going to be released or traded, the smart move would also be to dump Dennison especially if they want NP to continue to develop properly and be set up for success as the starter next year.

It really isn't, though I think all options are on the table for Beane and McDermott, which is pretty exciting for the offseason.

53 minutes ago, Bob Lamb said:

Sean Spicer was more entertaining

Bob Lamb! Great to see you, bud.

53 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I beg to differ, in that I think they do know they want to move on from him, but aren't going to commit to doing so without sure knowledge of an alternative.

Maybe. My point was more that they don't have any idea of their realistic alternatives, and they surely want a veteran backup if not starter, so they don't intend to get rid of him unless and until they find a better alternative in their minds, which they may not.

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Does Tyrod seem like the kind of guy who is going to be able to teach a rookie how to read defenses and how to react in certain situations?

Doesn't seem like a good role fit to me.   They would be much better off getting Fitzpatrick back to do that.    Fitzy would say "just chuck it man".  "Who cares". :lol:

Hire Tony Romo to teach the young ones.  

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

Novelty value, in that we've not seen them much like this. Not wishing to be overly critical, but while there are some things to like about how they will talk to everyone when evaluating, it's pretty much a typically non-committed PC, just with a few slightly different buzz words.

Oh - and I did watch it all. ;)

I found it kind of refreshing to have a professionally handled, smooth, articulate end of the year presser where it would clearly be much harder for the reporters to push any particular narrative.

I also found it mildly amusing that from his introductory presser where McDermott asked every reporter his or her name then called them by it, at this point he's on a first-name basis with some guys and not others. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I found it kind of refreshing to have a professionally handled, smooth, articulate end of the year presser where it would clearly be much harder for the reporters to push any particular narrative.

I also found it mildly amusing that from his introductory presser where McDermott asked every reporter his or her name then called them by it, at this point he's on a first-name basis with some guys and not others. 

Not sure how it is refreshing to anyone to hold a year end press conference with both the HC and GM and learn absolutely nothing. Why have it?

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

These two guys both put a huge emphasis on character, football character, leadership, preparation, classwork, team first philosophy, and everything associated with those things. Without taking into consideration what you think of Tyrod on the field, he gets an A+ from these guys on all of those, and they mentioned it, which will go a long way in determining whether or not he is on the team next year.

Just because you may think they have moved on from him, or that he will never be a franchise QB, don't just assume they do. That stuff is huge to them, and there is going to be a solid veteran QB here next year.

Well, first off, Taylor apparently has a lot of respect from his teammates for his dedication and professionalism, and he's currently hurt.  They would make no points with the players by dissing him publically, while it costs them nothing to praise him - they can praise him all they want now and cut him in March. 

Second, if they do want to trade him, it's in their interest to talk up his good points in public.

Third, I do with all my heart hope these guys are smart, and if they are smart, just as you say - they will want to ensure a solid veteran QB is on the roster next year, and it serves no purpose for them to move on prematurely.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not sure how it is refreshing to anyone to hold a year end press conference with both the HC and GM and learn absolutely nothing. Why have it?

I think it's an NFL requirement, part of "media availability".

Would you rather have last year's version?

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

GM Brandon Beane on Bills' salary-cap situation: "We're in better position than [the previous regime was] a year before. But we're not out of the woods. We're still working on it, we're still massaging it. With some of the moves we've made, we still have to eat some dead money. It's heading in right direction. 2018 was better than 2017. And I foresee 2019 being a little rosier than 2018."

Bills general manager Brandon Beane confirmed Tuesday that senior vice president of football administration Jim Overdorf is expected to continue in his role as contract negotiator. Overdorf has been with the Bills since 1986 and has been involved in contract negotiations and managing the salary cap for more than a decade. Overdorf is one of the few holdovers from the previous Doug Whaley-led front office in Buffalo. "Jim and I, we've jelled well. He's filling the same role. He's our chief negotiator. I don't see anything changing," Beane said Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Peter said:

If he shook Sully or Bucky's hand, I am not sure that he "gets it" . . . unless he wanted to look into the heart of darkness.

Just sizing Sully up.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly could care less what he said these players need to sack up and realize getting under your skin is part of the game.

I think there was one interesting moment. When asked about moving up in the draft Beane immediately said it is hard to grade these Quarterbacks without having met them. Now the wider context of the discussion at that point was Quarterbacks but he took every other opportunity to say "at every position" except that one. 

They are 100% taking a Quarterback in round 1 and you better believe that they are willing to move up if a guy's interviews match what they see on tape. 

As for Tyrod and Rico.... I don't think there was anything to make me think either are definitely gone. I don't read anything at all into McDermott not taking the chance to say "Rico willl be back." He wouldn't do that even if he wae certain to be... it just isn't his style. He is methodical and is going to make his evaluations before he tells the media anything. 

That said the "we are not happy with the offense" comments don't look good for either Tyrod or Dennison.

People expected to hear something interesting? That's not how these guys operate. They go about their process and continue to grind.

And I am happy about that. I don't want bold predictions or empty words from them. I want them to work hard and get the job done, and no amount of entertaining the media helps that. Only the results on the field matter.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just sizing Sully up.

I honestly could care less what he said these players need to sack up and realize getting under your skin is part of the game.

I found the report that the Jacksonville player thought Incognito was coached to say what he did pretty crazy too. I don’t know what I he said but it seems absurd that he would be coached to throw around racial slurs.

• Like (+1) 1