Offensive Coordinator

Mopreme

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

After looking at him he has an impressive resume of improving offenses , seems like he would be a great hire.

Why do you like him?

I explain my reasoning on Sean Ryan up thread. 

Chud does have a history of good first seasons that he can't sustain. He did work with Cam as a rookie though so that goes in his favour. Just not sure I'd find it a very inspiring hire.... but I'd hate it less than Mike freaking McCoy. 

....will be interesting to see if McD trusts his OWN PROCESS and determines Dennison is not a good fit OR pulls a "Wade" and remains loyal to his staff.......Dennison is inconsistent as hell and certainly had his share of mind boggling, bonehead play calls....have NO intention of making this a TT thread, but one week Dennison would make use of his mobility and do a 180 the next week......if this is the best we can expect from a guy with 27 years of coaching on the offensive of the ball, he's hit his "ceiling" IMO and needs help packing......tons of evaluations out there how a great flaw of this guy is stubbornness to adapt his offense to existing personnel.....BUT...I'm sure NONE of it is his fault because all offensive personnel suck except for Shady.....poor Rick is a victim of circumstance......

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I explain my reasoning on Sean Ryan up thread. 

Chud does have a history of good first seasons that he can't sustain. He did work with Cam as a rookie though so that goes in his favour. Just not sure I'd find it a very inspiring hire.... but I'd hate it less than Mike freaking McCoy. 

K, hadn't gone through the thread.

Anyone who can make cam  look good has to be a genuis :D

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tyrod is not a great QB, which we know, but Dennison stubbornly forced him into a west coast offense system developed by Mike Shanahan and similar to what John Elway ran in the late 1990s.  

There is a case to be made for doing that this year. If the thought is they want to run this system for the next 3 seasons, then you run it and see what Tyrod can do and move on if he doesn't make it work. I don't necessarily agree with that strategy but I can respect it.

However  we ran the same freaking offense in a playoff game. That is indefensible. We're not auditioning Tyrod anymore or building a foundation for the future. Gugny said it himself, we needed to unleash Tyrod in the playoffs regardless of the plan for next year. Dennison utterly failed to do that. He still ran his quick timing west coast offense. There were a couple QB draws and that was it. No read option QB keepers, no rolling Tyrod out of the pocket. How can the OC not be blamed for that pathetic performance? We scored 3 points while the defense kept giving us the ball back.

Dennison needs to go. No one on the offense played at their best this year, a bunch of players noticeably regressed under his watch. If people would take their Tyrod blinders off they would see he is a big problem too.

• Like (+1) 2

• Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Chargers will keep defensive coordinator Gus Bradley and offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt around for the 2018 season.

A team spokesperson confirmed the Chargers have reached agreements with Bradley and Whisenhunt to remain with the Chargers.

Mike McCoy will be announced as offensive coordinator   We can stop the discussion now

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
  • Eric D. WilliamsESPN Staff Writer

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Chargers will keep defensive coordinator Gus Bradley and offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt around for the 2018 season.

A team spokesperson confirmed the Chargers have reached agreements with Bradley and Whisenhunt to remain with the Chargers.

Old news

On 1/8/2018 at 7:38 PM, HappyDays said:

There is a case to be made for doing that this year. If the thought is they want to run this system for the next 3 seasons, then you run it and see what Tyrod can do and move on if he doesn't make it work. I don't necessarily agree with that strategy but I can respect it.

However  we ran the same freaking offense in a playoff game. That is indefensible. We're not auditioning Tyrod anymore or building a foundation for the future. Gugny said it himself, we needed to unleash Tyrod in the playoffs regardless of the plan for next year. Dennison utterly failed to do that. He still ran his quick timing west coast offense. There were a couple QB draws and that was it. No read option QB keepers, no rolling Tyrod out of the pocket. How can the OC not be blamed for that pathetic performance? We scored 3 points while the defense kept giving us the ball back.

Dennison needs to go. No one on the offense played at their best this year, a bunch of players noticeably regressed under his watch. If people would take their Tyrod blinders off they would see he is a big problem too.

Dennison is gone and McCoy is in

Edited by Chadwick Bay Chad

20 hours ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

Mike McCoy will be announced as offensive coordinator   We can stop the discussion now

Old news

Dennison is gone and McCoy is in

There it is folks, we can shut down TBD, Cadwick Don has spoken!

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Jim Bob Cooter is an interesting name should he become available.

In the most literal sense...

On 1/10/2018 at 4:26 PM, Ittakestime said:

Here are the Indy Coaches.

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches.html

Sanjay Lal receivers coach.  He was well liked here, maybe what Zay needs.  Perhaps if it’s Chudzinski he will bring him along.

Brian Schottenheimer could also be included, he has had success before.

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

There it is folks, we can shut down TBD, Cadwick Don has spoken!

In the most literal sense...

....LMAO....McMouthpiece.......what exactly has McCoy shown while in SD or Denver?........wouldn't you wait to see who becomes available FIRST in the upcoming weeks?.....what's the rush?...as far as Jim Bob Cooter, he sounds more like a guy from The Waltons versus an NFL Coach....maybe could also get John Boy..............