Hypothetical - If Peterman won the game

Virgil

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

IF they had won, I don't think Tyrod would have cleared protocol.     Joe Webb wouldn't have been any better of an option as well.  

I wonder if concussion protocol would have been used as an excuse to not start him. 

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

If Peterman won the game after entering late, would you start him against the Pats next week?

I know some of you hate these, so feel free to ignore and move on.  

For me, if he orchestrated the game tying TD and later game winning score, I give him the keys in the final week. However, I don’t think McDermott makes that decision again. 

Thoughts?  Changing starting QB mid post season?

That hit Tyrod took was NASTY

No way he clears concussion protocal to start the next game.  Also it isnt being talked about but the jags were trying to injure him all game.

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wonder if concussion protocol would have been used as an excuse to not start him. 

15 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

That hit Tyrod took was NASTY

No way he clears concussion protocal to start the next game.  Also it isnt being talked about but the jags were trying to injure him all game.

Nate's hit in the Colts game kept him out of practice for over 8 games and Nate walked off the field almost immediately.  Taylor needed a lot of time to get to his feet and even then he looked like he was seeing stars 

Hypothetically, if Peterman got us a late TD and also led us to the victory in OT, I don't think the coaches have much of a choice. Peterman would start against New England. Maybe they use concussion protocol as an excuse (although that hit absolutely looked like a multi-week injury), but if Taylor couldn't get us 7 all game and Peterman gets us 10-13 in less than a quarter's worth of play against a top defense in the playoffs, I bet Dennison would feel so vindicated and would tell coach he has to ride the hot hand in Nasty Nate. 

That being said, did anyone really think he was gonna get it done? 

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

If Peterman won the game after entering late, would you start him against the Pats next week?

For me, if he orchestrated the game tying TD and later game winning score, I give him the keys in the final week. However, I don’t think McDermott makes that decision again. 

I think if Peterman wins us that game by tying it and sending it to overtime, he starts vs NE. Yesterday was top 5 for TT's worse performance in a Bills uniform. The stakes were high and TT played horribly and he  just didn't seem too fazed by that. I dont think McD could have endured yet another inept TT performance after that . That had to be the final nail in the TT coffin.

I had given up all hope of the Bills pulling it out on that last drive. When TT got injured I got a glimmer of hope back. My deluded illogical self thought maybe the Jags wouldn't be ready for the shock of a different type of passer and guys would get open and at least something positive would happen. Alas it didn't. It would have made for a really interesting week of discussion on here though!!

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think at this point more than enough tape exists on NP for every DC to have figured him out by now. 

Can one of the Bills coaches at least help this kid out for his next stop and tell him he should stop trying to pass the ball as he is in the grasp and in the process of being sacked? 

Jeez---this is his signature move!

Possibly enough tape if you delve into his college career. 4 quarters of football may be a little tough to figure out tendencies and stuff like that. But I guess if anyone could, it would be BB. Not saying NP would be any good if he were to go against the Pats D, but it would be sort of a Hail Mary type move. 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:47 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

I'm starting to think either you're high or a Pats fan in Bills clothing that is just messing with us.  I've been reading a lot of your posts this season and I really think you're just a pot-stirrer.  

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Virgil said:

Like your thoughts here. My only regret is that TT didn't get knocked out earlier in the game. With say 2-3 drives left. This kid couldn't have had a worse situation. 4th and 3 with the game on the line and 77 seconds left and no time outs. That totally takes your running game out of it and you are coming in cold. The D tops in the league just stayed back and covered.  All that said, there are so many on this board that would have done better than NP. I'm looking forward to his game after the off season.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

I am hoping Pete makes the off season jump necessary to improve this spring. That said, TT ability to protect the ball kept us in the playoffs.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:42 PM, Virgil said:

No. I don't hate the kid, but I absolutely do not understand the hype around him from some fans either. He's going to be a backup. He *might* develop into one of those guys who is considered a decent low-end starter/top tier backup. Kind of like Matt Moore was for a few years.

But past that? There's a reason he was a 5th round pick. Spare me the "Brady was a 6th round pick" nonsense, we all know that and so do 32 front offices, which is why we will probably never see a guy slip through the cracks like that again. QB's get overdrafted now BECAUSE of Brady. They have that mindset of "better to swing and miss in the 4th than hope the guy keeps sliding and you can steal him in the 5th."

On 1/7/2018 at 10:56 PM, Rise Up Lights said:

The upside about starting Peterman against Belichick, would be the lack of tape. BB is a game planning mastermind and has Tyrod figured out. At least he wouldn't have that big of a grasp on NP's tendencies and stuff like that. Would it matter... doubtful haha.

That's basically the same thing we thought going into the Chargers game. :thumbsup:

On 1/7/2018 at 10:42 PM, Virgil said:

The only way Peterman starts against the Patriots is if Tyrod was still hurt.

Realistically, had Peterman started and played the whole game vs Jacksonville, he honestly may have set a new NFL record for most interceptions ever in playoff history.    And people would be picking Jacksonville to run the table and win the Superbowl right now because they would have looked that dominant on defense.

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

I am hoping Pete makes the off season jump necessary to improve this spring. That said, TT ability to protect the ball kept us in the playoffs.

with 3 games of 3 points and 3 sub 45 qb ratings ....  he also has the inability to keep us out of the playoffs too.  

and please don't take that as love for Nate.  It's that I'm "fed up with" Tay Tay 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Peterman against Belichick? LOL. Belichick would eat him alive. Conversation is done.

His point was to compare Taylor vs Peterman against Bellichek. It is a small matter that Bill will eat both of them alive.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:12 AM, Virgil said:

An alternate question would be:  do you think the Bills make the playoffs, if TT had played the game against the Colts?  Me says, we would have lost....Peterman and Webb made throws that TT doesn't often make..Simply does not have the accuracy or the visibility