Hypothetical - If Peterman won the game

Virgil

If Peterman won the game after entering late, would you start him against the Pats next week?

I know some of you hate these, so feel free to ignore and move on.  

For me, if he orchestrated the game tying TD and later game winning score, I give him the keys in the final week. However, I don’t think McDermott makes that decision again. 

Thoughts?  Changing starting QB mid post season?

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

The upside about starting Peterman against Belichick, would be the lack of tape. BB is a game planning mastermind and has Tyrod figured out. At least he wouldn't have that big of a grasp on NP's tendencies and stuff like that. Would it matter... doubtful haha.

7 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

Dude you are out of your mind.. and I think Peterman will develop. We would have been 7-9 at best if we went with Peterman after the Chargers game. Tyrod is what he is not good enough but Mobile enough to do some special things. Peterman would have thrown 2 picks today and the game wouldn't have been within grasp at the end.

For me it was knowing the Jags would be playing tight coverage with tight windows to throw into. Taylor doesn't even attempt tight window passes so we needed a 150 yard 2 TD game from Shady with the same defensive performance. Peterman might not have won the game but at least he would put the ball up there for KB and others to make plays. I would rather watch Peterman throw INT's than watch Taylor not trust his WR's to make plays and play ultra conservative.

Taylor is the main reason for the loss today. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

21 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Peterman against Belichick? LOL. Belichick would eat him alive. Conversation is done.

So same as Tyrod ? 

Better hypothetical is did Peterman give us better shot to win today. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Peterman sucks.

I'm sorry, but he does. His weak a$$ arm is the sole reason that ball was intercepted when it should have been a completed pass.

But yes, given a concussion to Taylor, Peterman would have started next week.

3 points, 130 yards.      Tell us more 

• Haha (+1) 1

I should have know this would have gone into who's overall better.

It's not what I'm asking.

I'm talking about just based off this game and if Peterman won the game in a fraction of the time.  Ignore concussion protocol, remove your opinion of who is better.  Just based off that scenario.

I will play along.  IF Peterman won the game (and made some throws to win it) and TT was cleared to play next week I would think Peterman would start.  

However, playing Peterman against BB could be a tough one.  So, IF NP was going to start I would mask that somehow that TT was starting (but, that would be tough since he would be in concussion protocol all week.

I think if Peterman had won he would be penciled in at next years starter, but playing at the Pats I would start TT if he was able to go.  Peterman is still to accident prone and TT would be less phased by Pats defenses schemes.

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

3 points, 130 yards.      Tell us more 

What does Tyrod being bad have to do with Peterman also being bad?

Doubt Peterman wins the game. Maybe he would have but I don't think so. I think he was likely to throw more picks leading to more Jags scores. 

That said... if hypothetically he won the game then I would have hypothetically started him the following week

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rise Up Lights said:

The upside about starting Peterman against Belichick, would be the lack of tape. BB is a game planning mastermind and has Tyrod figured out. At least he wouldn't have that big of a grasp on NP's tendencies and stuff like that. Would it matter... doubtful haha.

I think at this point more than enough tape exists on NP for every DC to have figured him out by now. 

Can one of the Bills coaches at least help this kid out for his next stop and tell him he should stop trying to pass the ball as he is in the grasp and in the process of being sacked? 

Jeez---this is his signature move!

13 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/08/nathan-peterman-had-more-interceptions-than-tyrod-taylor-on-405-fewer-passes/

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

If Peterman won the game after entering late, would you start him against the Pats next week?

For me, if he orchestrated the game tying TD and later game winning score, I give him the keys in the final week. However, I don’t think McDermott makes that decision again. 

He didn’t.

His ability to get the ball out is quick is negated by two things:

1. Staring down his receiver like the rookie he is.

2. His apparent lack of arm strength.

I think that against the Pats we would get drubbed no matter which guy was in.

TT through lack of production  

NP through turnovers( including fumbles)

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He didn’t.

His ability to get the ball out is quick is negated by two things:

1. Staring down his receiver like the rookie he is.

2. His apparent lack of arm strength.

I think that against the Pats we would get drubbed no matter which guy was in.

TT through lack of production  

NP through turnovers( including fumbles)

It’s your ability to read the topic and respond on point that impresses me the most 

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

IF they had won, I don't think Tyrod would have cleared protocol.     Joe Webb wouldn't have been any better of an option as well.  

either way it's a blowout W for the Cheaters.