Tyrod deserves a huge THANK YOU!

Punt75

He's a classy guy, and I was one of his stout supporters... until this year. Now I'm an addition to the "he's a great backup QB" wagon. But it'd still keep him unless they sign someone better, simple as that! They should, and I hope they do, but you don't just can a player at any position unless you can replace him.

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's a pretty weak argument.

You can say that about every player in the league then... "It's not their fault they're playing, it's the people who hired them for the job!" 

"Don't criticize them for being bad, don't point out their limitations, ignore their play on the field, just yell at those in management game after game for signing them!"

That literally applies to anyone & everyone playing the sport. 

I think it's different for a journeyman backup QB like Tyrod.

It's not like he was a #1 draft choice out of college who won the Heisman Trophy and now he's a bust.

He was a backup for 5 years and somebody offered him the starting job here.

The management at OBD knew what they were getting.

Tyrod has still gotta be laughing about that.

Somebody, please give me a little help.

Who was Tyrod competing against when he won the job ?

2 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

It's not like he was a #1 draft choice out of college who won the Heisman Trophy and now he's a bust.

Thad Lewis and Jeff Teul?  I've said it for years that we need to draft more QB's in the late 1st and 2nd rd. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

I hate that some deride him.

He is a tough dude and gave his all today.  He may not be the guy going forward, but we didn’t lose because of him today.  He has only ever worked hard and given his all.

Football is a team game. QB’s don’t win or lose games. 

BUT...Tyrod was one of, if not the reason the Bills lost today. He was abysmal. He needs to be gone.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

34 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Thad Lewis and Jeff Teul?  I've said it for years that we need to draft more QB's in the late 1st and 2nd rd. 

Thanks for that info. I think you're correct.

First, let's put this into perspective........

3 years ago the management at OBD decided we needed a new QB.

They assembled a field of candidates that included Tyrod, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel.

One of these guys would become the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Tyrod won the job.

Last year, all the guys at OBD who thought this was a good idea got fired.

All except Tyrod.

Second, when they brought in the new coaching staff for interviews, the management at OBD asked everybody if they

were comfortable with Tyrod at starting QB. Rick Dennison apparently said he was comfortable with Tyrod, and took the job.

Rick Dennison probably told McDermoot and the Pegula's that he could design a system that would work with Tyrod at QB.

Fast forward to today.

Edited by B Fan in LA

Tyrod is an average QB. He looks good against crap defenses, average against average ones, and bad against good ones.  He's a serviceable dude and a decent stopgap. It's clear we need to draft our guy for the future and we finally have the ammunition to do it.  Let's be bold and get our guy. 

Thanks to Tyrod for keeping us respectable the past three years. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

What are you even talking about?

Literally no one is ragging on him as a human being for taking the job. They're simply saying they want to move on to someone else.

I have friends who know him personally and think he's a good guy. That's great, but being a good guy doesn't entitle you to a starting QB job.

I'd try to feel bad for him, but the guy has banked north of $25m over the last two years and is going to make a lot more. I'm sure he's doing just fine.

I'll save my sympathy for kids with cancer, not multi-millionaire athletes.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Thanks for that info. I think you're correct.

First, let's put this into perspective........

3 years ago the management at OBD decided we needed a new QB.

They assembled a field of candidates that included Tyrod, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel.

One of these guys would become the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Tyrod won the job.

Last year, all the guys at OBD who thought this was a good idea got fired.

All except Tyrod.

Second, when they brought in the new coaching staff for interviews, the management at OBD asked everybody if they

were comfortable with Tyrod at starting QB. Rick Dennison apparently said he was comfortable with Tyrod, and took the job.

Rick Dennison probably told McDermoot and the Pegula's that he could design a system that would work with Tyrod at QB.

Fast forward to today.

Wrong!

It was EJ Manuel, Jef Tuel and Thad Lewis.

Tyrod beat out EJ and Matt Cassel

I really like Tyrod as an athlete, he is a team player and he does give his all. It's just that he is a backup QB. I'd actually like the Bills to keep him, as a backup on a backups contract, I doubt he would ever accept that fate though.

Time to wish him all the best and upgrade the position.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's sadly not surprising that the CoTH has taken this thread as another opportunity to bash Tyrod. (Is there a punchbowl you're not willing to piss in?) Personally, I hope to see him in a Bills uni next season. I hope we draft a QB in the 1st, and keep Tyrod as the vet mentor/early-season starter. 

With all due respect to Tyrod I do  NOT want him as a mentor. He was too careful and gun-shy. He left way too many plays on the field. I always wished we would have a Fitzpatrick kind of guy in the room. Someone who can process the game someone who knows how to make reads and checks. And someone who is tough as nails (Upending a linebacker on a lead block against Detroit). Fitz had a million dollar brain with a 10 cent arm. Thats the guy I want mentoring my franchise guy. Not a popular take... I know but i personally would love it. 

If someone would have told me the winning QB would have had 88 yards rushing, I wouldn have really liked our chances. That said, I didn’t see enough from the offense to warrant keeping Tyrod around outside of potentially making him earn the starting job in the offseason & preseason if he were to retained at a reasonable figure bottom 25% starting QB $. 

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If someone would have told me the winning QB would have had 88 yards rushing, I wouldn have really liked our chances. That said, I didn’t see enough from the offense to warrant keeping Tyrod around outside of potentially making him earn the starting job in the offseason & preseason if he were to retained at a reasonable figure bottom 25% starting QB $. 

Well, then there is that..........................

If Tyrod agreed to a $5 mill contract next year and we kept all our draft picks for the 2018 draft.........

and maybe replaced Dennision,

that would be a pretty nice situation.................no ???

2 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

The recievers this year Sucked! They are not good enough. IIRC the tight end lhad the most receiving yards. 

Even if Joe Montana was throwing too them.  They still would have sucked. Benjamin gets a pass, he is hurt

Shady is a running back. .

The rest are 2 stringers or worse on the few solid NFL Contenders. 

It seems as though people deflect from this. There had to have been at least 5 times when a catchable ball was dropped!

I would rather not see this team get a statue for a QB. That's what I love about Tyrod, and we saw that in Bortles too. That skill can be a difference maker and I would take an accurate thrower/runner over a statue any day.

8 hours ago, major said:

Just remember, tyrod got us to the playoffs. Thanks to him and the rest of our roster for a great year

have you read his stats or are you joking here?  

He's had 5 games with a rating over 100 in 17 games!  3 games under 45!! 

Bortles out Tyroded Tyrod!!!   88 yards rushing (close enough) for the WIN

In the OR play, why didn't he

a) jump over the line

b) pass to the wide open guy on the post to the right?

8 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Football is a team game. QB’s don’t win or lose games. 

BUT...Tyrod was one of, if not the reason the Bills lost today. He was abysmal. He needs to be gone.

but but but peterman ! peterman ! peterman!

I strongly disagree. sometimes, yes qbs win games.

Just because we don't see it here doesn't mean its not reality.

6 hours ago, Buffaboy said:

It seems as though people deflect from this. There had to have been at least 5 times when a catchable ball was dropped!

I would rather not see this team get a statue for a QB. That's what I love about Tyrod, and we saw that in Bortles too. That skill can be a difference maker and I would take an accurate thrower/runner over a statue any day.

haha...the fan club has 5 members and 100 accts.