Tyrod deserves a huge THANK YOU!

Punt75

I think Tyrod should be thankful for getting a chance to showcase himself as a starter in the NFL. I think as a player he was given enough time and opportunity to prove he is more then just a back up QB. 

I respect Tyrod but I just don't think he deserves a huge thank you. I'd give him a word of encouragement for giving the team his best efforts. I reserve my thank you to show gratitude when some one actually does something I can be thankful for. 

I'm not thankful for 3 points against the Jags. That isn't something I can appreciate. I wonder how the defence feels about getting to the playoffs to hold the opponent to 10 to lose anyway. 

I think he should thank the Defense for making every game winnable and give an apology for letting it go to waste. 

Edited by Lfod

Tyrod came here to win a job and he did. For 3 years, he had some good moments, some poor games. Overall, when you compare him to the dumpster fires before he got here, Tyrod did pretty well. Lowest INT percentage in NFL history. Brought some stability to the QB position, solid leader. Players like him. Makes plays with his feet.

Tyrod is a borderline C+ quarterback in the NFL, a little more to the C side. Yes, he misses throws, but he also does not make the throws that can lead to INT's. I'd rather have a 16 TD 4 INT QB then a 22 TD and 13 QB.

Tyrod's true undoing IMO was his inability to lead game tying or Game winning drives late in games especially on the road when you need a QB to make those plays. Tyrod only had 1 game like this (At Tennessee) to my memory. This is simply not good enough to get to the next level.

Having said all of this: The Bills are not designed for optimal success with a QB like Tyrod. The defense isn't dominant. The WR group is inconsistent.  The OL has some flaws. Is Tyrod to blame at times?  Of course. And when you look at the Bills cap and draft board going forward in 2018, it is clear the Bills are moving on from Tyrod. Beane wants a B or better QB. We all do.

I wish Tyrod well. A true professional, and enjoyed watching him play for the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Like A Mofo

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Great post. Tyrod did his best and he laid it out there.  

It’s a shame there are so many negative comments from the “greatest fans in the NFL”.   Tyrod has class, can’t say the same about some of the negative sentiments in this thread.  

So I ask again, should I also thank JP Losman and EJ Manuel.

Should I thank Derrick Dockery?

What about Willis McGahee?

How about Jason Peters?

I'm just trying to find the line of players I should thank for their hard work and the players I'm aloud to say good riddance too. 

Just now, CountDorkula said:

So I ask again, should I also thank JP Losman and EJ Manuel.

Should I thank Derrick Dockery?

What about Willis McGahee?

How about Jason Peters?

I'm just trying to find the line of players I should thank for their hard work and the players I'm aloud to say good riddance too. 

Why “ask again” and why are you comparing Tyrod to Losman, Manual, Dockery and McGahee?

His contributions to this team far outweigh the combined efforts of these guys.  

You don’t like him and can’t muster up any reason to note that his contributions helped put this team on a better track.  Fine, move on.  

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Why “ask again” and why are you comparing Tyrod to Losman, Manual, Dockery and McGahee?

His contributions to this team far outweigh the combined efforts of these guys.  

You don’t like him and can’t muster up any reason to note that his contributions helped put this team on a better track.  Fine, move on.  

Because ultimately those guys failed too, but also tried hard and dedicated their blood and sweat to this team. Why is Taylor any different?

He will join a list of failed QB's of Buffalo. 

Also, thanks Andy Dalton, you are the real reason the Bills are in the playoffs. I forgot him. 

18 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

I liked Tyrod and haw he tried his best. Both on the field and in front of moronic press.

That said he was done the day he admitted he liked his wings with ranch dressing. 

Well that seals the deal. Blasphamy...

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

He did what he could with what he got. 

I do wonder sometimes if he held off making the tough throws because of money though. 

I think Tyrod was a backup QB with abilities that made him interesting for a QB desperate team to try as a starter. 

Because ultimately those guys failed too, but also tried hard and dedicated their blood and sweat to this team. Why is Taylor any different?

He will join a list of failed QB's of Buffalo. 

Also, thanks Andy Dalton, you are the real reason the Bills are in the playoffs. I forgot him. 

Please stop.  McGahee, Peters and Dockery took the money and ran.  Tyrod took a pay cut, won his job back and led us to a playoff season. 

Losman and EJ were horrible players, not at the same level at all.  

If if you don’t want to thank him or credit him for anything fine, but don’t put him in that group.  The guy got hit hard several times yesterday and laid it out for the team.  He has the respect of the team, If you don’t think that he is worthy of anything fine.  

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Please stop.  McGahee, Peters and Dockery took the money and ran.  Tyrod took a pay cut, won his job back and led us to a playoff season. 

If if you don’t want to thank him or credit him for anything fine, but don’t put him in that group.  The guy got hit hard several times yesterday and laid it out for the team.  He has the respect of the team, If you don’t think that he is worthy of anything fine.  

I’d edit the “led” us part.    The offense was ? and ranked close to the bottom.  

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

I don't. There is no reason to thank him after that crap performance yesterday.

or is there.

Thanks Tyrod for missing 3 wide open WR's? Thanks for leading the team to three points.

You think the Defense respects him? I would almost guarantee they don't. 

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

or is there.

Thanks Tyrod for missing 3 wide open WR's? Thanks for leading the team to three points.

I think defense was part of his benching. I'll ride that horse till it dies.

or is there.

Bet they do. Respect has nothing to do with the outcome. It’s the effort. You clearly don’t get it.  

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Bet they do. Respect has nothing to do with the outcome. It’s the effort. You clearly don’t get it.  

Its kinda like playing pickup ball with the kinda scrubby kid that everyone likes. Usually gets picked last. 

But he just happens to do well that day... everyone is excited and happy for the kid. Know what I mean?

19 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Good guy, maybe he’ll sign with the skins.

Maybe we trade him and a draft pick to move up and grab one of Cleveland's picks? The Browns seem to love mediocre to bad qbs

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You ever work at a job that you have to be on a team? All day at my job people complain about others they work with. 

Edited by Lfod