Solution at QB?

wppete

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's honestly really crazy the number of veteran QBs that will possibly be available next year. Cousins, Smith, Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum. I would love to get one of them, use our high picks on the front 7 and offensive line, and take a project QB in the mid-rounds.

It really is and that's why I mentioned there's never been this many ways for the Bills to go.  Usually we're 100% in the QB market and no FA's and crap coming out in the draft.  

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That is the real ?. Based off half the teams needing QB's in the league it prob won't be cheap.

And that's the conundrum. He is good enough that someone would trade something for him and pay him pretty well.  The Jags might even make that move.  Hell the Jags D is playing well enough that Smith might have brought him to a bowl game this year.  That D is pretty amazing.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can we find a solution for stopping 400 threads on who the next QB is going to be lol?  Its like half the board right now, why is everyone starting their own when you can just participate in any of them

we need 1 thread consolidated for sure.  It's only going to get worse and worse from here on out.

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

It really is and that's why I mentioned there's never been this many ways for the Bills to go.  Usually we're 100% in the QB market and no FA's and crap coming out in the draft.  

There's usually not a single top 16 QB available in free agency and this year it's looking like 5 will be available. Its our best opportunity in a long time and i think we will take it. McDermott has to know this team is too far away to sell the farm for an unproven rookie when that many quality QBs are available.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Cousins is going to cost you 25-28 mil for 4-5 years.  You want to be stuck with that contract and draft a rookie?

He will cost that much because he is a good QB. And rookies are cheap on comparison. 

To me having to trade one QB eventually is a better problem to have than not having a QB at all.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's honestly really crazy the number of veteran QBs that will possibly be available next year. Cousins, Smith, Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum. I would love to get one of them, use our high picks on the front 7 and offensive line, and take a project QB in the mid-rounds.

Good point. I like that plan. 

Outside of Cousins, who I think becomes QB1 on price tag alone if you sign him, I would keep Tyrod going into camp if the vet FA acquisition is Smith, Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, or a trade for Nick Foles or Matt Moore or whoever, who I'd say are all roughly in that same class (along with Tyrod) of "middle of the pack" starters in a good year. 

I think 2018 will have to be another "Camp QB Battle" because I just don't think you're going to be able to bring in a guy who will be clearly better than Tyrod from the jump. Any of these guys might end up being a better fit than TT, but I wouldn't just throw away TT without seeing him outplayed by another QB on the roster first.

I think the most realistic solution is to draft a QB but not expect them to play the first year (of two). Pick up any of the following:

- Alex Smith

- Case Keenum

- Sam Bradford

I believe Cousins would make t(e team significantly better but too expensive. 

I dont have a QB draft favorite but would prefer not to trade up. I don’t really see any QB a trade up. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There's usually not a single top 16 QB available in free agency and this year it's looking like 5 will be available. Its our best opportunity in a long time and i think we will take it. McDermott has to know this team is too far away to sell the farm for an unproven rookie when that many quality QBs are available.

Some of those QBs are fools gold man.  Keenum/Bradford to name two.  They sucked pretty much their whole careers and played well for Minny.  Those are system QBs that probably wouldn't do well elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

How did Smith do yesterday? Lost. 33 yards passing in second half. No, we would not have won today with Smith.

We danced this dance last night. Your opinion is Smith cost them the game and mine is 100% the opposite of that, I believe coaching and their D cost them the game. We can move on from that game that benefited the Bills anyways.

That said, How would you like to see the Bills handle the QB situation? For me it's still this --> 

Go Smith (vet) and draft Rudolph or Mayfield to learn behind him. I can careless if we use both our first rd picks doing so. I'm tired of talking about OUR QB problems since Kelly retired. I'm sure most fans feel the same.

Let's just get this thing right.

Edited by Real McCoy

If you keep Dennison you need to find a guy to run the West Coast Offense. It just does not fit what Tyrod does well. You can win with Tyrod, but you have to run an offense that fits his skill set. So I think either Dennison or Tyrod go. To me both should go. I think what we do at QB will be dependent on what we do at the OC position. However, I will say that Dennison's play calling sucks and Tyrod's fit in the offense also sucks. 

The WCO works...it isn't the scheme. See what happened with Jimmy G in San Fran. They were bad and then good and all they did was get a QB who could run the WCO. 

I probably trade for Alex Smith and hire Mike McCoy. And have McCoy and Smith get together and install the KC offense. Let Smith call his own plays and draft a guy this year. I bet if Reid let Smith call the plays they probably win yesterday. 

I don’t want Keenum. That guy is complete fools gold. He is never going to have this season again in another situation. His own coach keeps looking for any reason to play the other guy.

No to Keenum.

Yes to Cousins, Smith, Mccarron/Dalton, Eli

Maybe to Bradford, Glennon, Brock

or trade up to 1 and take Darnold

I would even wonder if there is any possible way that the Bucs might be willing to move on from Winston. If they somehow were, I would be very interested or aggressive towards that. Just doubt it’s likeky or even possible.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t want Keenum. That guy is complete fools gold. He is never going to have this season again in another situation. His own coach keeps looking for any reason to play the other guy.

No to Keenum.

Yes to Cousins, Smith, Mccarron/Dalton, Eli

Maybe to Bradford, Glennon, Brock

or trade up to 1 and take Darnold

I would even wonder if there is any possible way that the Bucs might be willing to move on from Winston. If they somehow were, I would be very interested or aggressive towards that. Just doubt it’s likeky or even possible.

Did you just say maybe to Brock? And Glennon? Yikes

• Like (+1) 1