With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I expect Cousins or a trade to move up.

A trade up for who?

Darnold and Rosen will probably wind up going 1-2 in some order. To move up from our spot to the top two would probably cost four 1st round draft picks which is an insane amount of compensation for a prospect who might not even work out. 

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Mason Rudolph looks so uninspiring. I do not see an NFL QB at all. What am I missing?

I don't know, I see great size, arm strength and touch on his ball with inconsistency from lazy foot work.  You iron that out and you have franchise tools there to play with.

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

I don't know, I see great size, arm strength and touch on his ball with inconsistency from lazy foot work.  You iron that out and you have franchise tools there to play with.

How often do QBs fix their mechanics in the NFL?

Enough to take the risk on a potential Matt Ryan.

The answer is that it's extremely rare.

For each Matt Ryan, there are 20 guys with mechanical issues who never figure things out under live fire. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The answer is that it's extremely rare.

For each Matt Ryan, there are 20 guys with mechanical issues who never figure things out under live fire. 

Absolutely, but it happens. Aaron Rodgers reworked his mechanics before starting.  I am all for it if we give him a year to work on it as I feel it's easier to do if he's not also trying to learn on the fly.

Edited by Woodman19

Absolutely, but it happens. Aaron Rodgers reworked his mechanics before starting.  I am all for it if we give him a year to work on it as I feel it's easier to do if he's not also trying to learn on the fly.

I agree that whoever we pick needs time to develop, which is why I think we should make a run at a veteran. 

19 hours ago, /dev/null said:

According to the NFL Draft Trade Chart (take that with a grain of salt of course)

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Packaging both firsts and both seconds (remember we also hold the Rams second from the Sammy Trade) would be enough ammo to move into the bottom half of the top 10.  Adding next years first might crack the top 5

Why would we even do that?

Given how successful last year's draft was I want as many players taken as possible.

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is 6-1, so you are wrong.  

If he's 6'1" I'm interested. But Yolo says he stood right next to him and that he's no taller than Wilson. That's 5'10 5/8" I think. Someone else says they saw him standing next to Flutie and Doug was taller!!!

We will find out soon enuf. I really strongly doubt that McBeane drafts a short QB. 

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If he's 6'1" I'm interested. But Yolo says he stood right next to him and that he's no taller than Wilson. That's 5'10 5/8" I think. Someone else says they saw him standing next to Flutie and Doug was taller!!!

We will find out soon enuf. I really strongly doubt that McBeane drafts a short QB. 

I would suspect our board for QB would be Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Rudolph in that order.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

You do realize that the Vikes actually drafted a QB (Bridgewater) over where some had him projected, then burned and the 1st when Teddy got hurt (that's 2 1st right there if you're keeping score) only to get by this season from a freaky season by Keenum that if I'm a betting man would say he will never have again...right? That's the model you like? 

So in short, they spend 2 firsts only to have Case Keenum take over. Not great long term planning. Sounds all very Fitzpatrickish to me...and we have all seen that movie before.

Wow you really missed my point entirely, the Vikings roster is mostly filled with players they picked and most believe they have the best overall roster in the league. The fact they are winning with not having their starting QB should tell how well-constructed their team is. If the Bills fan construct team like that in 2-3 years and the QB is a journeyman playing solidly I would take in a heartbeat over a star QB with a middling roster. The biggest reason the streak was as long it was because bad roster construction and overvaluing needs over getting good players. Taking Rudolph over BPA would a classic Bills mistake.

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

How often do QBs fix their mechanics in the NFL?

Footwork can be fixed. Throwing motions not so much. Pretty much every QB coming out every hear needs their footwork cleaned up.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

trade cordy glenn and a second to cincy for mc carron. draft rudolph and trade down the second first for picks.

Why are people so dead set on trading Glenn? Why not move him RT?