Wildcard Weekend: Bills at Jax - 2nd Half Thread

Just now, MPT said:

I don't mind the play call at the end of the half. If Benjamin hadn't pushed with an arm he would have been able to turn and catch the TD. So far we're playing way better than the Jags. Bortles is still due for an interception. 

We can't rely on bortles to be that terrible again, he can only get better, but I agree there's gonna be an opportunity to pick bortles, we have to capitalize.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I dont mind throwing to KB from the one— but it’s a spot where that defense is on its heels. Go hit them in the mouth while they are stunned instead of just a 1-1 against one of the best players in the league.

Agreed, save that for second down or third.

Just now, BLZFAN4LIFE said:

Absolutely, one of several terrible decisions offensively.

They're selling out to stop the run, and McCoy hasn't exactly been known for pounding the ball on short yardage situations. 

A fade pass to the corner of the endzone to a tall receiving threat is a very common play call. Taylor just doesn't have the touch to hit those passes very often, as he usually throws too high, and Benjamin committed offensive pass interference to send us back 10 yards (Bills going backwards on 1st down, who would've guessed?)...

The play call wasn't bad, it's the execution. We'd still have 2 plays to run it if it was incomplete, and even a 3rd if they wanted to go for it on 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I dont mind throwing to KB from the one— but it’s a spot where that defense is on its heels. Go hit them in the mouth while they are stunned instead of just a 1-1 against one of the best players in the league.

Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Truth. :beer:

The game is still right there to be had though. They've avoided the fatal mistake (perhaps) but they got sloppy. 

:lol: 

Im sorry but missing O’Leary on the open pass for 7 could be “fatal” just like a turnover. Zay going out might’ve been a 3 point mistake. 

We got away with a lot because bortles is trash so far.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

The throw was way too late by Tyrod on that one as well.

The throw was fine.  We have no one on this team who makes contested catches.  Week in and week out Gronk, Julio Jones, AJ Green make throws where they have to keep a defender at bay.  People here complain all the time that Taylor doesn't throw those.  Well there you go.  He put it in the right spot and the receiver doesn't use his body well to catch it with his hands and thats what you get.

5 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

The unlucky INT kills Tyrod's rating. Tyrod hasn't been great, but much better than Bortles. Tyrod is facing a much better pass rush too.

Great... I don't really care. You can use all the minutia you can find to make all the excuses you want -- the point is that this is borderline unwatchable because these two players should not be starting QBs in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

He called a run-pass-option. Don’t call that play and Tyrod doesn’t throw it.

If it was a called RPO that's just as stupid. If the QB identifies single coverage on Benjamin of course the play call tells him to throw the ball. How is that Tyrod's fault at all?