Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Bellicheat* and Jurrah wouldn’t that be a fun pair to watch.  In all seriousness there is no way Bellicheat* goes to work for a meddling owner, no way. 

...agree...if he can tough it out until April when he turns 66, he can retire comfortably on full Social Security.....

I tried to read the article with an open mind.  I think it's a mix of some fact, but mostly gossip.  

It was a little strange to trade Garappolo in mid season, but ultimately it's the owner's call and even Belicheck knows that.  This brings back memories of

Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys.  He went off to Miami in a tiff and it didn't work out for him.

I think this proves that being a successful head coach is a pretty delicate balance of effort, personality management, the right players at the right time, the right owner, and luck.

If he went to New York it doesn't automatically guarantee success there.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I think the obvious answer is......Bill knows Brady is in full decline.  It was evident watching them this year that he isnt as good as years past.  Watching Grappalo, its possibly, and even likely, that Belicheater knew Grappolo was better than Brady this season.   The Pats*** record is what it is due to refs. 

Are you talking about the Brady who was voted 1st team all-pro....the one who lead the NFL in yardage and is the MVP favorite ?...that Brady...is in full decline ?...well, it's about time he slows down.....

On 1/7/2018 at 12:56 PM, MAJBobby said:

Cowher just went through a table after picking Bills to win

that's when I knew we'd lose

I'll walk under a ladder and kick a black cat when it crosses in front of me, but when it comes to football I believe in the jinx 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

of course he was ..  He can cheat for another season or two and not be worried about being kicked to the gutter. 

Every time I see this thread title the first thing that pops into my head is 'Good - F them'

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/01/how_cleveland_browns_were_froz.html#incart_river_index

I know that Brown was willing to part with Houston's first-round pick and other goodies. He would have been willing to help Belichick shop around for a backup quarterback to help the trade work.

The front office was especially baffled because they had made two trades with New England.

On August 25, 2016, they shipped Barkevious Mingo to the Patriots for a 2017 fifth-round pick.

On October 31, 2016, the Patriots traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 2017 third-round pick.

The Patriots have their own version of analytics and have used it for decades.

The Browns and Patriots were able to find common ground for other trades.

That's why the Browns were so confused when they were consistently frozen out of trade talks for Garoppolo.

And then even more baffled when they checked with other teams trying to deal for Garoppolo and heard the same story.

Only San Francisco was given a chance to trade for a franchise-changing quarterback.

If true, I am glad that the Pats didn't end up with the #4 overall pick in the draft. 

It it also shows just how much Belichick wanted to make sure Garoppolo went somewhere where he would have success (again, if true). 

Theres just too much stuff that doesn't add up (about Belichick/Brady/Kraft claiming to be on the same page) for this story to be fake. I really do think Belichick wanted to keep Garoppolo over Brady. Or at the very least wanted to keep Garoppolo AND Brady (even if it meant tagging JG). 

Edited by BillsFan4

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, Iron Maiden said:

Are you talking about the Brady who was voted 1st team all-pro....the one who lead the NFL in yardage and is the MVP favorite ?...that Brady...is in full decline ?...well, it's about time he slows down.....

When you look at it in a box, yes your right, Brady is still one of the top Qbs.  But......he was showing signs of decline the last half of the season.  My guess is his play will seriously drop off next year & he will be out of the top 5 QBs in the league.  He can't play forever, & what he is doing at his age defies all logic & history of the game. 

I am not sure how much this story is true but I will say this.  There are a couple interesting things here that point to the end of the dynamic threesome after this year.  It has been reported that BB has schooled Patricia & Mcdaniels on coaching interviews this year.  They said he has never done that before.  Wasn't BB the one that change locks so Mangini couldn't get in the complex once he found out he interviewed with the Jets?  When trading JG, why didn't he hold an auction.  He could of certainly got more of a second round pick for him.  Instead, BB knew he would flourish in SF & wanted to do the kid right.  He only made one call when trading JG & that was to SF.  The old BB would of made several calls seeing what he could get for him.  He barred Brady's trainer half way thru the season.  Even Brady's own dad admitted that he & TB thought there was a 50% chance he was getting dealt at the deadline.  There is a lot of smoke here. 

I think BB feels jaded by Kraft after all he has done for him.  I also think he is setting up NE for epic failure after this year.  These actions are the actions of a man that doesn't give a sh*t about what happens to the franchise after this season.  My guess is NE wins their 6th Super Bowl & BB leaves to coach the Giants. 

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

When you look at it in a box, yes your right, Brady is still one of the top Qbs.  But......he was showing signs of decline the last half of the season.  My guess is his play will seriously drop off next year & he will be out of the top 5 QBs in the league.  He can't play forever, & what he is doing at his age defies all logic & history of the game. 

I am not sure how much this story is true but I will say this.  There are a couple interesting things here that point to the end of the dynamic threesome after this year.  It has been reported that BB has schooled Patricia & Mcdaniels on coaching interviews this year.  They said he has never done that before.  Wasn't BB the one that change locks so Mangini couldn't get in the complex once he found out he interviewed with the Jets?  When trading JG, why didn't he hold an auction.  He could of certainly got more of a second round pick for him.  Instead, BB knew he would flourish in SF & wanted to do the kid right.  He only made one call when trading JG & that was to SF.  The old BB would of made several calls seeing what he could get for him.  He barred Brady's trainer half way thru the season.  Even Brady's own dad admitted that he & TB thought there was a 50% chance he was getting dealt at the deadline.  There is a lot of smoke here. 

I think BB feels jaded by Kraft after all he has done for him.  I also think he is setting up NE for epic failure after this year.  These actions are the actions of a man that doesn't give a sh*t about what happens to the franchise after this season.  My guess is NE wins their 6th Super Bowl & BB leaves to coach the Giants. 

Bill is not going anywhere.....and he;s also not done grooming his kid who's a coach on NE's staff

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/08/bill-belichick-says-he-absolutely-plans-to-coach-the-patriots-next-season/

Edited by Iron Maiden

7 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Bill is not going anywhere.....and he;s also not done grooming his kid who's a coach on NE's staff

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/08/bill-belichick-says-he-absolutely-plans-to-coach-the-patriots-next-season/

That would be awesome.

and I wouldn’t put it past B.B. for a second to set up the Pats for epic failure and eject while Brady is still playing there, just to affirm his own greatness over the others.