Power Struggle in New England between Kraft, Brady & Belichik

YoloinOhio

Just now, Cmdjr85 said:

The guy wrote the article as if he knew all this and then on golic and wingo he keot saying i think. I think. Its complete sham its all written in the guys last name

He said he has more than a dozen sources on the Patriots staff that talked to him. But sure if you want to go with the idea that Belichick under no duress, traded away the succession plan to Tom Brady to appease the feelings of a 40 year old QB, then cool. Doesn't sound like Belichick to me though, it sounds like an emotional Kraft type decision to me, but to each their own. 

Its either that or Garoppolo isn't as good as people think and Belichick knew it. I am still taking a wait and see approach on the QB.

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

He said he has more than a dozen sources on the Patriots staff that talked to him. But sure if you want to go with the idea that Belichick under no duress, traded away the succession plan to Tom Brady to appease the feelings of a 40 year old QB, then cool. Doesn't sound like Belichick to me though, it sounds like an emotional Kraft type decision to me, but to each their own. 

Its either that or Garoppolo isn't as good as people think and Belichick knew it. I am still taking a wait and see approach on the QB.

"I talked to more than a dozen people. None of them told me what I speculated about here, but I talked to them."

Edited by OJABBA

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We'll see.

This is simply speculative clickbait.  Yes, I was suckered into reading about half of it.  To me, this is all a whole lot about nothing other than stirring false hope amongst Giants fandom.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/4/2018 at 2:24 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

LeSean McCoy said if he plays Sunday, "I want to be able to cut well enough to where I don't have a lot of pain cutting. I just want to be close, or the best as far as 100 percent as I can get. The type of game like this, you got to lay it all on the line. If I can't get 100 percent, as long as I'm out there, and I can work effective enough, I'll do it. We'll just see."

On 1/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:
  • rodak_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy said Thursday he believes he can play in Sunday's AFC wild-card playoff game against the Jacksonville Jaguars as long as his injured right ankle does not cause him pain.

"I want to be able to cut well enough to where I don't have a lot of pain cutting," he said. "I just want to be close, or the best as far as [being] 100 percent as I can get. The type of game like this, you got to lay it all on the line. If I can't get 100 percent, as long as I'm out there and I can work effective enough, I'll do it. We'll just see."

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Do you read the threads or just paste stuff at random?

Yolo posted that 30 minutes ago.   

Here's just one example of how silly you are with you posting something redundant in another thread. Not to mention that you created a completely redundant Shady McCoy injury thread today with old information from yesterday.  You have been an ironic know nothing joke since you joined this forum. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It was new information and had it been redundant the mods would have merged them.  

Thanks for playing.  

It was new to you because you're too busy moving from thread to therad trolling instead of paying attention. The link you posted from NFL.com was based on his locker room interview from the day before with all of that info posted in the existing thread that included a direct link to the interview itself from the Bills' website.  Your info was stale.

2 hours ago, OJABBA said:

we shall see...

(Kyle Williams is dork)

What, my child, do you doubt me that I could hurl better attacks and spew anti-Pats venom so as to make ESPN look like amateur hour?

I could, I could if I would....but it counts not here, so I won't.  I shall be as a lily of the field, they toil not, neither do they spin.

Kyle Williams may be a dork, but he's OUR dork, and when it counts, he is a rolling ball o' butcher knives, just like me :)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Yep he said he had multiple sources but then he said he thinks this and he thinks that. But those same things he wrote as if thry where fact. I call this story complete crap. And at the end of the day it will just drive the patriots to walk all over anyone they play in the playoffs and hoist another lombardi. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

This is what I think will happen.  McDaniels will be the next HC in NE.  I wouldn't be surprised if Patricia sticks around too; he'll potentially have a lot of power and full say on the defensive side of the ball.

That would make Patricia what then?......the #2 pencil??

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, OJABBA said:

As long as they keep winning (not necessarily the Supper Bowl, but certainly the division), these are likely just squabbles being blown out of proportion.

It's just that fans of other teams WANT to believe so badly.

I think that the owner picking a guy over 40 to be the qb of the future and ignoring the input of the football guys would qualify as more than a squabble. 

Obviously a unique situation in GB with ownership but if garrapolo proves himself this could be akin to moving Aaron Rodgers to get an extra year or two of favre. It has potential to be a franchise defining move for the next decade, and could have really impacted B.B.s legacy (if he got his replacement qb and kept going his stock soars)

The flip side is JG could flop, making this a nice deal. But that ownership drove it and not the football guys seems real controversial and risky and not just a minor every day difference of opinion 

40 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think that the owner picking a guy over 40 to be the qb of the future and ignoring the input of the football guys would qualify as more than a squabble. 

Obviously a unique situation in GB with ownership but if garrapolo proves himself this could be akin to moving Aaron Rodgers to get an extra year or two of favre. It has potential to be a franchise defining move for the next decade, and could have really impacted B.B.s legacy (if he got his replacement qb and kept going his stock soars)

The flip side is JG could flop, making this a nice deal. But that ownership drove it and not the football guys seems real controversial and risky and not just a minor every day difference of opinion 

One of the reasons Chris Polian got fired from the Colts (and Bill Polian then chose to leave as Team President as a result)  was because irsay wanted to move on from Peyton Manning once they had the #1 pick in 2012. Polian wanted to keep Manning and draft Luck, even though there were big salary implications. He thought it was too soon to move on from him regardless of his neck injury which was supposed to fully recover. He wanted to have Luck sit behind Manning for a year or two. Irsay thought it was time to just move on, given the cap situation and peyton’s Injury. They were going to draft the heir apparent, and it was an ideal time to start anew.  They fought about it so much that Irsay woke up one day and laid the hammer down. He kept one FO guy, the one who agreed with cutting Peyton. 

One can argue that Polian was right. 5 years later, we look back and manning went back to the SB twice and won one, while the Colts haven’t been to the SB since Manning was cut. But to think this type of conflict doesn’t arise when the face of the franchise is nearing the end is crazy. It does, and it can tear franchises apart. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the reasons Chris Polian got fired from the Colts (and Bill Polian then chose to leave as Team President as a result)  was because irsay wanted to move on from Peyton Manning once they had the #1 pick in 2012. Polian wanted to keep Manning and draft Luck, even though there were big salary implications. He thought it was too soon to move on from him regardless of his neck injury which was supposed to fully recover. He wanted to have Luck sit behind Manning for a year or two. Irsay thought it was time to just move on, given the cap situation and peyton’s Injury. They were going to draft the heir apparent, and it was an ideal time to start anew.  They fought about it so much that Irsay woke up one day and laid the hammer down. He kept one FO guy, the one who agreed with cutting Peyton. 

One can argue that Polian was right. 5 years later, we look back and manning went back to the SB twice and won one, while the Colts haven’t been to the SB since Manning was cut. But to think this type of conflict doesn’t arise when the face of the franchise is nearing the end is crazy. It does, and it can tear franchises apart. 

Yes, the situations do come up because big egos are in play.  However, Irsay has always carried the reputation, if not the reality, of being a highly reactionary wildcard owner.  Kraft is far more focused on the brand value and success of his organization.  To me, if there is a the basis for strife in NE* it would be between Belicheat and Marsha.  Marsha has become bigger in fame and accomplishment than anyone previously coached by Belicheat.  What I admire about Belicheat is that he by all accounts truly does not care and when its time to move on because of Marsha’s age its time to move on.  Brady has a big enough ego that he will not admit to himself that Bellicheat has the basis for moving on.

In the end I really do have to wonder if Garrapolo is all that he is being made out to be.  If so, then as Bills fans we should thank the good Lord that they* moved him to SF.  It’s really ugly to think that the Cheats* fans could have had another decade of excellent QB play as we continue to search for the same.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes, the situations do come up because big egos are in play.  However, Irsay has always carried the reputation, if not the reality, of being a highly reactionary wildcard owner.  Kraft is far more focused on the brand value and success of his organization.  To me, if there is a the basis for strife in NE* it would be between Belicheat and Marsha.  Marsha has become bigger in fame and accomplishment than anyone previously coached by Belicheat.  What I admire about Belicheat is that he by all accounts truly does not care and when its time to move on because of Marsha’s age its time to move on.  Brady has a big enough ego that he will not admit to himself that Bellicheat has the basis for moving on.

In the end I really do have to wonder if Garrapolo is all that he is being made out to be.  If so, then as Bills fans we should thank the good Lord that they* moved him to SF.  It’s really ugly to think that the Cheats* fans could have had another decade of excellent QB play as we continue to search for the same.

Yes the specifics are different ... but just drawing the parallel  about what type of conflict can occur within the leadership of an organization when you are faced with the end of an era with a QB of that magnitude. And, both Qbs are enormous control freaks and feel/felt they have/had a lot of power within the organization. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Trading Garapalo mid-season for 2nd was an odd move.  Having nothing behind a 40 year old QB makes 0 sense.  That move paired with trading Brissett are completely not Belicheck moves.  There are 2 options to choose from.  Either Bill after developing Garapalo and reaching the end of his contract didnt think Garapalo was that good, or trading him wasnt Bills decision.  Eric Mangini take on this story leads me to believe there is more to this than leads the eye.  the only speculation is how severe is the strife between Bill and Kraft/Brady.  Everything McGinest says is true.  That is why many believe Bill would pick the 27 year old Qb with loads of potential and the ability to set the franchise up for 10 years vs the 40 years where unless they can find lightening in a bottle again they are held hostage by Brady and his decision to retire.  

• Like (+1) 1

Great timing for us. We are coming up as Pats are going down. I do expect them to win the Super Bowl this year (Steelers are their only competition) but next year I am certainly not convinced that they will be able to overcome losing 2 coordinators and having a 41 yr old QB.

Even if BB stays, I'm sure he is not happy about having to trade away the heir apparent in Jimmy G and now he has to start from scratch and find another replacement in the draft. Watching Jimmy come into his own in SF has to be frustrating. If I'm BB I'm taking the NY job rather than going down with that ship in NE