Tyrod Taylor's "Signature Moment" of 2017?

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A lot to digest 

let me address the 1st two. 

1. If not for Dalton and that TD pass we would not be in the playoffs.   

2. For all his hard work with his stats transplant identifies TTs strengths alone and barely touches on his weaknesses.  

I would prefer you address number 5 however....

1.  If not for a lot the Bills wouldn't be in the playoffs.  There were a lot of plays made by all BILLS players that led to them being in the playoffs.  Crediting Andy Freaking Dalton is nice since that game gave the team the last nudge but that pass only mattered because of what the Bills and Tyrod did.  If the Bills didn't beat the Dolphins they wouldn't have been in.  If they didn't win the games they did they wouldn't be in.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m glad we made it and for Taylors contributions.   

There is still something missing that I believe needs to be fixed.  

Well I won't argue you here :thumbsup:  There is much room for improvement as a passer.  He is however a serviceable qb until we find that top 5 guy.  I would hate to see the team move on without a plan in place.  We've seen that happen with Andy Levitre, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and others.  The Bills can try to get better in the off season without making themselves worse.  However all of that is for the off season.  Right now I just want to enjoy that we still get to talk about what the Bills could do THIS sunday.  

24 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

There is a whole lot of real estate between Brady and the 29th ranked offense led by Taylor at qb.   

Transplant can say whatever he wants but 29 of 32 is 29 of 32.   

Points that can easily be refuted will.   

56 yards blah blah blah

Team wins because of its QB *

PLAYOFFS !!!

* Does not apply to Hotrod

Edited by reddogblitz

22 minutes ago, section122 said:

What about the last 2 years where it was 13 and 16?

It was better but still failed in big spots.   I don’t think we all want Brady but we definetly want more chunk plays through the air. 

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

56 yards blah blah blah

PLAYOFFS !!!

Hopefully he doesn’t have another one of those in him.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

51 minutes ago, section122 said:

This is the **** right here that is infuriating.  Tyrod is somewhere around the 20th best qb in the world.  Let that sink in.  There are approximately 10-20 guys that are better than him in existence on the planet earth.  Taylor's value hasn't risen at all.  Nobody that hated him before this has come around on him.  Even in your post where you are trying to almost give him credit you can't do it without giving credit to Dalton and the Dolphins.  The Bills and Tyrod beat Jay Cutler just 2 weeks ago.  Is it really far fetched that they would have done it again?  Andy Dalton gets 300k from Bills fans for one throw.  How much money went to Tyrod's charity this week for being the qb the entire season save one Peterman start.

I think what I have always thought.  He is a serviceable NFL QB.  You can win with him as evidenced by his starting record with the Bills.  Could the Bills improve?  Sure.  This is smacking though of cutting Fitz just because anyone has to be better right?  Want to draft a guy and have him and Tyrod compete?  I'm all for it.  This nonsense about him being figured out has to stop.  He has brought our team to the playoffs.  Something no other qb has done in almost 18 years.  Can we give the guy some freaking credit for once?

Taylor did not lead this team to the playoffs, our defense did and Shady with a big help from Hauska.  Don’t forget that. We had things go our way which helped get us in, that can not be argued.... If Taylor did a good job we would not be having this discussion. We would not be talking about tiebreakers, we quite possibly finish 11-5 and would be in position to host a playoff game... You can blame that on the stellar performance he displayed against Carolina and Cincinnati. And our passing game is !@#$ing terrible, does that not have anything to do with Taylor? 

Thank god our season came down to Andy Dalton needing to get in the endzone and not Taylor.... At some point you have to rely on your own QB, not someone else’s. If we could do this with Taylor, we’re possibly 11-5 this season. If you want we can look back and see how many times he failed in these types of situations the past 3 years..... 

50 minutes ago, section122 said:

1.  Yeah I don't see any appreciation on this board for him doing it.  I see on the front page a charity thread for 2 players from a different team, threads about trading him, drafting his replacement, this backhanded thread, etc...  

2.  Please show me these posters.  Transplant uses stats and facts and people refute him with "the eye test", JfH has given up his kool aid card.  The CoT is a group of us who don't think he is the worst player in the NFL.  Anyone who dares to defend him in any way is in the "CoT."  I'll defend the hell out of him.  He broke a streak that hung over all of our heads.  If the Ravens game ended first would we be giving Andy freaking Dalton the credit we are?  The day we made the playoffs was one of my favorite sports days in many years and I have to come to my favorite site on the internet and get my cheerios pissed in. 

3.  I won't argue that and even I wasn't that optimistic.  This team has a lot of holes.  Getting to the playoffs should be a testament to all of the players on the team.  Not just Tyrod not everyone but Tyrod.  The whole team deserves credit for this.  I disagreed with many McDermott decisions, Beane decisions, and Dennison decisions among others.  I give them all credit though for being part of this.

4.  TT had his worst games this year but on a whole he improved many of the things he was knocked for before the season.  He threw to tes.  He threw to the middle of the field.

5.   He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he is in a handful of guys that have good and bad games.  Tyrod's Cincy performance which we all agree was probably his worst was the 79th worst qb game by qbr this year.  I won't try to argue the 56 and 65 yard passing outputs they were terrible what I will say is context matters and there are many qbs each week who completely stink up the joint.  He is in the handful of guys that will have great weeks and terrible weeks.  Look at Derek Carr week 3 and 16, Andy Dalton week 1 and 15, Jameis Winston week 5 and 8, Philip Rivers week 3, Alex Smith week 3, Dak week 11, Cam week 3 and 16, and Kirk Cousins week 13 and 17.  All of those games were in the bottom 50 of qb performances this season.  That's a lot of guys who everyone thinks are better than Tyrod and they had worse (sometimes multiple) games than Tyrod's worst game.  People need to watch other teams to truly see the state of NFL qbing.  Too many people watch Brady and think everyone is doing that.

My apologies.  Your wife is a very wise woman!  I amend it to I haven't seen anyone on this board change their opinion of him :P:thumbsup:

True Statement: Those guys have bad games, just like Tyrod does.

True Statement: Those guys have really great games, but Tyrod does not. 

8 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Taylor did not lead this team to the playoffs, our defense did and Shady with a big help from Hauska.  Don’t forget that. We had things go our way which helped get us in, that can not be argued.... If Taylor did a good job we would not be having this discussion. We would not be talking about tiebreakers, we quite possibly finish 11-5 and would be in position to host a playoff game... You can blame that on the stellar performance he displayed against Carolina and Cincinnati. And our passing game is !@#$ing terrible, does that not have anything to do with Taylor? 

Thank god our season came down to Andy Dalton needing to get in the endzone and not Taylor.... At some point you have to rely on your own QB, not someone else’s. If we could do this with Taylor, we’re possibly 11-5 this season. If you want we can look back and see how many times he failed in these types of situations the past 3 years..... 

He's a captain on a playoff team... he helped lead this team to the playoffs.  He also had a few pretty good games this year.  

Also we would need to finish with 13 wins and a tiebreaker over NE to host a playoff game.  

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

True Statement: Those guys have bad games, just like Tyrod does.

True Statement: Those guys have really great games, but Tyrod does not. 

True.

The other guy threw 5 picks in a half.... he's the best we got.

I don't know what the argument is about here anymore - i thought we were supposed to praise a signature moment.  that's the topic.

14 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I would argue this point -- it's not fair to Taylor to not credit his major contribution as a leader and captain. He showed great poise and professionalism, especially late in the season. He most certainly led this team. 

19 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I would argue this point -- it's not fair to Taylor to not credit his major contribution as a leader and captain. He showed great poise and professionalism, especially late in the season. He most certainly led this team. 

Look around the league man, most QBs wear the C on their jersey. It’s almost a mandatory part of the position.... He handled him self with poise and professionalism,  yippeee! 

He struggled to throw the !@#$ing ball. He led one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL.....  We made it to the playoffs by the skin of our teeth and some people want to give him more credit then he actually deserves because  of it. 

Glad McD is coaching this team. He atleast made it clear he wants better.  

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, QB Bills said:

There's many. 

My favourite, however, is that deep pass to Clay in Atlanta while on the run. You can count on one hand how many QBs can make that throw.

That was an outstanding, Rodgers-esque throw :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, section122 said:

What about the last 2 years where it was 13 and 16?

Passing:

2015: 28th

2016: 30th

2017: 31st

See the trend? For reference-

Rushing:

2015: 1st

2016: 1st

2017: 6th

This was Tyrod's worst season yet, statistically... by 200 yards... he's always been this way, the run game just isn't as good under Dennison.

It would have been the pass to Zay in Carolina. But Zay. Or the pass before the half to Zay in Atlanta. But Zay again.

His best overall game this year was the Denver game. But as for "wow" moments from Taylor he didn't have a whole lot this year if any. Somewhat surprising because he had a lot over the previous two seasons.

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

While there is truth to some of what you say lets also not forget that this years defense was actually statistically worse than prior year defenses under Rex. As you say, it came down to Hauschka and turnovers. More importantly getting them in the games that mattered. Haushcka knocking in a couple 50 yarders against the Saints or Chargers or the defense coming up with a couple of turnovers in both of those games would have been meaningless towards the outcome.

This isn't a case of Bortles being carried by a top 5 defense. Both the offense and defense were below average this year but we made the playoffs. Go figure, especially after having a much better offense the prior two seasons with basically the same poor defense.

55 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It would have been the pass to Zay in Carolina. But Zay. Or the pass before the half to Zay in Atlanta. But Zay again.

His best overall game this year was the Denver game. But as for "wow" moments from Taylor he didn't have a whole lot this year if any. Somewhat surprising because he had a lot over the previous two seasons.

While there is truth to some of what you say lets also not forget that this years defense was actually statistically worse than prior year defenses under Rex. As you say, it came down to Hauschka and turnovers. More importantly getting them in the games that mattered. Haushcka knocking in a couple 50 yarders against the Saints or Chargers or the defense coming up with a couple of turnovers in both of those games would have been meaningless towards the outcome.

This isn't a case of Bortles being carried by a top 5 defense. Both the offense and defense were below average this year but we made the playoffs. Go figure, especially after having a much better offense the prior two seasons with basically the same poor defense.

Better offense then defense I can agree with, but we still only won games where our defense showed up.... Taylor has 3 wins when our D has given up over 20 points the past 3 season (1 per season), 5 when giving up over 17..... He’s had the ball a number of times each season in games in position to win or tie and has came up short (twice this year). Doesn’t matter what the score is, you have the ball in hand late in games you either get the job done or you don’t. That’s the difference in being a good team or not. 

When all aspects of the game is going good Tyrod can be relied upon. When you need a big play, successful drive or just need to put the O on your back and simply go out and outscored your opponent Tyrod just doesn’t get the job done.  He can’t be relied upon. This is the most important position in sports and we need better. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2

Making the playoffs for the first time in 2017 years as our starting QB for 15 games.

Listen, I think the guy is stinky too.  But we made the playoffs, and that certainly defined the year for me.   He's starting on Sunday and the next 3 games after that, can't we give it a rest until the day after the Super Bowl?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

When I joined this board I was told how smart and knowledgeable the fans were here. Some people are but I expected better than BBMB here. 

This is playoff week for the first time since 1999. I expected to see threads breaking down the Jags and what this team could take advantage of to win a playoff game and things like that.  Instead we get dumb troll threads like these that are nothing more than Tayler sucks. Herpa derpa derp look at me. 

i'm not going any farther than this, but this thread is a good example to shove in the face of those who put down the bbmbers.

there's just as much b.s as there was there if not more.

14 hours ago, QB Bills said:

There's many. 

My favourite, however, is that deep pass to Clay in Atlanta while on the run. You can count on one hand how many QBs can make that throw.

Ridiculous play... even the polarized of the Bills fans for whom Tyrod is not their QB, have to see that play and enjoy it... 

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

both these statements are 100% accurate.

Who's an idiot and who is not is pretty subjective. All of us have been idiots at one time or another. The way I look at it is that we all have weeds in our gardens. It just would be nice to temper language and enjoy civility for once. But I understand your point. I'm psyched as hell for this week!