NFL Draft Rumors from Eric Galko

Estro

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure Darnold was ever likely in play for us and I am not a Jackson guy regardless.

It is a point though... if the QBs are gone I am not against trying to punt one of our firsts into next year. Not sure you would find a dance partner though. 

Yeah they out kicked the coverage when they traded with Andy Reid.:doh:

We obviously know Houston would have been a lot better team if Watson had remained healthy..............but the premise if you are making that trade is that you DIDN'T THINK WATSON could be that good.............in which case how did they get out-maneuvered when there was a team with Tom Savage as the starting QB to trade with?:lol:

That might be the single worst bit of personnel chip value mis-management since McD arrived.........and as you know........I think there were a few.:flirt:

I had never heard of Mike White before this thread...but after googling his size and stats he sure has the measurables.  I'll leave it to the Scouting Department to know better about how he stacks up against his peers and the competition.  One thing I do know is that you can't teach size.  He is listed at 6'-4" tall....which would be refreshing change from the current starter.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We obviously know Houston would have been a lot better team if Watson had remained healthy..............but the premise if you are making that trade is that you DIDN'T THINK WATSON could be that good.............in which case how did they get out-maneuvered when there was a team with Tom Savage as the starting QB to trade with?:lol:

That might be the single worst bit of personnel chip value mis-management since McD arrived.........and as you know........I think there were a few.:flirt:

Fair. But I will be honest I'd have had Houston being better than KC this year too. It isn't just Watson, they have been decimated with injuries across their whole roster. 

Of course you know what I thought of Watson and what I would have done at #10 in April and we would be having a whole different conversation. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Go get the pick from CLE. 

The still get their QB at 4

then have two more in the first this year and a 1st next year to go with their other pick

They won't trade out of the #1 slot and I wouldn't be shocked if they select Barkley at #4. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They won't trade out of the #1 slot and I wouldn't be shocked if they select Barkley at #4. 

Thats a nice haul and still get their QB in Mayfield. Just saying because they choose again in the top 5 there is a chance they move out. 

However if we dont get Rosen or Darnold i dont want to trade up at that point. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Thats a nice haul and still get their QB in Mayfield. Just saying because they choose again in the top 5 there is a chance they move out. 

However if we dont get Rosen or Darnold i dont want to trade up at that point. 

Would you just break the bank for Cousins?

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First of all, the Texans made the playoffs last year...without JJ Watt for 13 games and with Brock Osweiler at QB.  Second of all, the Texans jumped up to get Watson after the Chefs jumped up to get Mahomes. 

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Would you just break the bank for Cousins?

No.  Especially with Denver highly interested.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

First of all, the Texans made the playoffs last year...without JJ Watt for 13 games and with Brock Osweiler at QB.  Second of all, the Texans jumped up to get Watson after the Chefs jumped up to get Mahomes. 

Also true. The story as I have heard it is that they had Watson and Mahomes very close on their board (Trubisky a distant 3rd by the way). They were thinking Watson with Mahomes as the fall back. It was the Chiefs jumping up for Mahomes that forced the Texans to jump too. Their preference was to wait a few more picks so that a trade up.would not have cost them a 1st. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also true. The story as I have heard it is that they had Watson and Mahomes very close on their board (Trubisky a distant 3rd by the way). They were thinking Watson with Mahomes as the fall back. It was the Chiefs jumping up for Mahomes that forced the Texans to jump too. Their preference was to wait a few more picks so that a trade up.would not have cost them a 1st. 

Didn't know the part about Trubisky, who was long gone anyway.  And had Watson stayed healthy, much less Watt, Cushing, and half the other stars, that team would have a lower pick than the Chefs did.  But hindsight's 20/20, isn't it?