GMFB's Kay Adams: McDermott Should Be Considered for NFL COTY

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I love GMFB and she's excellent on that show. One of the only sports-related shows I watch 

I usually only flip by for a few minutes here or there, and they never put up the names of the hosts speaking(at least not when I'm watching).  Who is the douchey guy that sits on the far right?  He might be the reason why I never watch for more than a few minutes.

The Los Angeles Rams’ Sean McVay, who led the Rams to a 11-5 record and the NFC West title, was selected as the 2017 NFL Coach of the Year, chosen in voting conducted by the Professional Football Writers of America (PFWA).

This the first PFWA NFL Coach of the Year honor for McVay and the third Coach of the Year honor for the Rams’ franchise. Chuck Knox was the NFC Coach of the Year in 1973 (the PFWA selected separate AFL/NFL and AFC/NFC winners from 1967-89), and Dick Vermeil was the NFL Coach of the Year in 1999.

I would say if the award was given out for coaching up young players and teaching your system to the team as a whole, then yes I think McD deserves coach of the year. I think he has done an amazing job making players better through his coaching style. 

We have hit on a HC, if we can hit on a QB in FA or the draft we will be seeing the playoffs a lot more.

I think they should wait to give out these awards until after the SB. If Marrone gets the Jags past the Patriots he should easily have been coach of the year.

On January 6, 2018 at 3:51 AM, downunderbill said:

I didn't know who Kay Adams was so i had to Google her and this picture of Kaye Adams came up first. My first thought was that your an easy man to please Jay but yes the other Kay Adams is rather attractive. 

download.jpg

This is her pic on the NFL.com website. Am I crazy or does she look different on air?  Maybe she got a nose job?

image.jpeg

Just now, skibum said:

Hate to point this out, but Doug Marrone has a Bortles-led Jags team one win from the Super Bowl. Not saying he should win, but it would be hard to argue that McDermott can beat that. 

Postseason accomplishments are not a consideration for COTY.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I usually only flip by for a few minutes here or there, and they never put up the names of the hosts speaking(at least not when I'm watching).  Who is the douchey guy that sits on the far right?  He might be the reason why I never watch for more than a few minutes.

Which one? 

Unknown.jpeg

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would say if the award was given out for coaching up young players and teaching your system to the team as a whole, then yes I think McD deserves coach of the year. I think he has done an amazing job making players better through his coaching style. 

We have hit on a HC, if we can hit on a QB in FA or the draft we will be seeing the playoffs a lot more.

I think they should wait to give out these awards until after the SB. If Marrone gets the Jags past the Patriots he should easily have been coach of the year.

...NOT by ANY means to take anything away from McVay, but I;'d bet this did not hurt along with his results....................

Sean McVay (left) became the youngest head coach of the National Football League's modern era when the Los Angeles Rams choose him to guide their team on January 12, 2017.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I think it's the 2nd guy in from the right.

Pete Schrager? I dunno about douchey, he's more like an awkward hyperactive puppy who wants to hang out with the cool kids. I actually like him. He loves Buffalo and talks them up all the time. You should give the show a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2018 at 11:50 AM, Starr Almighty said:

I can't quite put my finger on what makes me think she's pulling for us to win but I just feel she is 

DSdfeuUX4AATOOX.jpg

IMG_20180103_114855.jpg

I'd like to be pulling her...dress off on my bedroom floor that is...hahaha

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, JMF2006 said:

I bet half the board members here could have got the Rams to the playoffs this year.

McD deserves this award.

How easy it is to forget what he did with that qb situation and making over the team in general

I could not have made Goff good 

Sean McDermott, Bills: B

He led the Bills to the playoffs for the first time since the Y2K bug was a threat. But ending that 17-season drought required a miraculous win by Cincinnati at Baltimore on the season’s final day. And McDermott also overcame a disastrous decision to start rookie QB Nathan Peterman – who threw five first-half interceptions - in week 11 at the Chargers. But a postseason trip is progress that must be followed by improving a struggling offense in the offseason.

As universally condemned around the nation as the benching of Tyrod Taylor was received.........and subsequently how epically bad that call played out........ not too surprising he didn't get any votes for Jauron-Balling his way to 9 wins after a 5-2 start.

I like that McD has gotten the team to the point where they are better than the sum of their parts for the first time since maybe year one of Dick Jauron........but this year was the easy part.   As Parcells says going from 4 wins to 9 wins is so much easier than going from 9 wins to 11wins.