Which team was better? 2014 or this years?

Kmart128

Which Team was better  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team was better

• 2017 Team (9-7)
    • 2014 Team (9-7)

Question is straight forward... What team was better? This year's team that went 9-7 or the 2014 team that went 9-7. I'm going with 2014. Had the best defense in NFL that year and Kyle Orton probably had the best season of a Bills QB since Drew Bledsoe.

1 minute ago, berg1029 said:

The 2014 team definitely schemed better and likely had more talent.  But there is this scrappy quality to this team that makes me feel like there is always a chance

Yeah, the 2014 team was better on paper, the 2017 team is better as a team, if that makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

2014 hands down, in fact 2004 was much better than 2014 going further back.

Regardless it is what it is and this team probably the drew the better matchup in terms of any chance of advancing to the 2nd round because I don't believe we would have much chance of winning in KC again a 2nd time this year and they are out of their funk they were in the first time we played them.

14 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Don't kid yourself... the 2014 team was 8-8.  Brady sat the final game of the year.

Not a very good memory, huh? Brady started the first half, played awful, led the Pats* to 2 FGs, and then sat for the 2nd half. They sat Gronk and a couple others on O, and we sat some of our D, including some of our outstanding DL.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not a very good memory, huh? Brady started the first half, played awful, led the Pats* to 2 FGs, and then sat for the 2nd half. They sat Gronk and a couple others on O, and we sat some of our D, including some of our outstanding DL.

No, his memory is fine.  If the Cheaters wanted to win that game, they would have. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Pats barely tried that game. The Bills would not have won if NE played their starters.How do I know?

Well because the Bills have never won in NE when Brady has played a full game lol

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Pats barely tried that game. The Bills would not have won if NE played their starters.How do I know?

Well because the Bills have never won in NE when Brady has played a full game lol

Not saying they tried or things would've played out different in some alternate reality. But reality says Tom Brady played a half and went 8/16 for 80 Yards and 2 FGs, and the Bills won.

41 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Question is straight forward... What team was better? This year's team that went 9-7 or the 2014 team that went 9-7. I'm going with 2014. Had the best defense in NFL that year and Kyle Orton probably had the best season of a Bills QB since Drew Bledsoe.

What does better mean? More accomplished, more talented, better point differential, more likely to play better in the future etc. or all of the above and then some?

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not saying they tried or things would've played out different in some alternate reality. But reality says Tom Brady played a half and went 8/16 for 80 Yards and 2 FGs, and the Bills won.

All true. But they also didn’t play all of their weapons either and Brady always heats up in the 2nd half.

Bills only got 17 points that game. Something tells me they would have needed a lot more than that to beat New England’s best in foxborough 

29 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Don't kid yourself... the 2014 team was 8-8.  Brady sat the final game of the year.

This is a good point.  NE didn't care about the game since it didn't affect them at all.  They were already locked up.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So you're saying he's a liar?

This statement is disingenuous at best and patently false at worst.

The statement is half true.  ;)

Edited by Doc

To answer the original question I would say 2014 team.

This team is in the playoffs but let’s be honest, they’ve gotten a lot of breaks. (Not complaining as it’s about time the Bills get some luck)

Defence was better in 2014 and I believe their offence was slightly better as well. I’m just taking a guess because they are ranked 29th this year so can’t be too much worse 

There were truly high expectations from the ‘14 Team at the end of that season -for a couple days.. Then maroon ran away and Rex had a better scheme ready for the Defense (tongue in cheek).. 

Personally, I don’t have high expectations going forward, despite a seemingly good schedule. Too many changes are in order -and will likely transpire, to expect a repeat/significant improvement.

54 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Yes and no.  Brady started that game and our defense was giving him hell.  He sat at the half if I remember right and we were already leading 17-6. It's true they had nothing to play for but they still marched Brady out there and I still enjoyed watching that defense thrash him.

Hacket was terrible.  The running game was aweful which was probably the most surprising part because Jackson and Spiller had been so good with Gailey.  The players on that offense probably would have been a much better fit for Dennison.  This coaching staff with that team might have been an 11 or 12 win team.

thread merged :huh: