Can we talk about onside kick defense?

LMAO with only 4 active WR's and 2 healthy running backs the options for who is on the hands team are limited.

But Preston and DiMarco would still be well down my list.I think.

Pretty smart to kick it right at those two though.

13 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm sure 80% of Bills fans were already tuned into to the Ravens game at that point.

My house had red zone and the Bills game on two separate TVs. We were slightly worried about the Dolphins but the Ravens going ahead of the Bengals really stung and took focus away especially since Oakland officially lost.

3 hours ago, Matt in KC said:

I can't believe there isn't more focus on 1) Do not touch it before 10 yards and 2) knock it out of bounds!

The risk in that is by the time you wait for the ball to travel 10 yards easy for the kicking team to wipe you out with the first guy and the guy behind him dives on the ball with no Bills around.

Honestly I just think it's the law of averages has caught up with the Bills on this one.

59 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

My house had red zone and the Bills game on two separate TVs. We were slightly worried about the Dolphins but the Ravens going ahead of the Bengals really stung and took focus away especially since Oakland officially lost.

We were doing the same thing and I just wanted to watch the Bengals game. Miami being the scumbags they are delayed the Bills game so long with the fighting that we barely were able to see the end of the Bengals game on CBS.  The way the Ravens game was going the Poyer pick didn't have that much impact.  Glad I was wrong.

52 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

I thought the Miami kicker was offsides. That being said we certainly need to practice recovering the kick.

The kicker is actually an exception for offsides on a kickoff - his plant foot can be ahead of the line

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/555/ask-the-official-the-kicker-cannot-be-flagged-for-offsides-on-a-kickoff

• Thank you (+1) 1