Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Agreed.

People better be careful what they ask for , who is an available upgrade for Taylor??? 

Give him a run game and good defense and he will reward you with 10+ wins imo.

He wins , is a respected leader by his peers, he's just not one of 4-5 QB in the league that can do it by themselves and unless we have an opportunity at one of those guys, I'd love to build around Tyrod. I said this all year

Pretty much any QB that can throw the football accurately presently in the NFL or draft eligible. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Pretty much any QB that can throw the football accurately presently in the NFL or draft eligible. 

Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, Stafford,etc had less wins , mainly because sacks and turnovers and lack of 3rd down productivity.

I feel none of those guys that members praise as QB Gods on here has a better record than Tyrod. All the other numbers don't matter. Taylor can get you wins, with a relatively weak supporting cast,  upgrade that supporting cast and upgrade the wins.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Typical Tyrods play almost allowed a 3rd stringer QB to outplay him.  

What does this even mean?

We just clinched the play offs with Hotrod completing 70% of his passes throwing for a TD and ZERO turnovers. What the H E double hockey sticks do y'all want?

I'm kind of digging this winning thing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Tyrod makes some nice plays.  Then he turns around and makes me pull my hair out.  

This pretty much sums it up perfectly - I love Tyrod.  Then I don't.  And with that level of consistency, you ain't gonna win a Super Bowl...

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

I'd love to see what Tyrod could do with a cast of receivers that he has worked with for more than a handful of weeks. Wouldn't that be something? Haters should check his numbers when he had a healthy Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin on the field before this season. I won't even get greedy and ask for an OC who knows how to call RPOs that would suit Tyrod's skillset. Just some consistency would be great.

Even with the handicap of a rotating cast of receivers this year, we ended a 17 year playoff drought.  Still somehow people are convinced we'd be better off with someone else. You'd rather have the likes of Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Sam Bradford? Sam Darnold? 

Keep drafting QBs. Look for that Hall of Fame franchise guy. Trade up if you're within striking distance.

Cutting or trading Tyrod would be a horrible mistake. I hope securing playoffs means Tyrod has secured his future here. Build around him, you jags!

No thank you

I'm a Tyrod fan but sometimes he sucks. The second throw is to OLeary he HAS to make to be a good QB because it's an easy throw. And he misses too many. And he needs to not be the sucky guy more than he is now in order for us to believe or invest in him. 

BUT...

There are several QBs that are better than him that would be worse than him on the Bills. Tyrod haters ignore the ten plays a game he eludes the rush and either throws a bad pass or makes a great completion. Guys like Cousins and Flacco and maybe even Matt Ryan would get killed on the Bills under the rush they get. Even Brady would get killed. Our OL stinks at pass protection. Our WR suck at getting separation. Our OC stinks. Tyrod camouflages our glaring deficiencies. Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like (+1) 2

The bills will cut or release tt this off season and another team will pick him up and build or work with him. He got to start for 3 years here and made the playoffs in the 3rd when all the chips were against him. Well be taking a rookie in the 1st round and build around him. McDerm has shown they hate tyrod or at least dont remain 'confident' with him 

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm a Tyrod fan but sometimes he sucks. The second throw is to OLeary he HAS to make to be a good QB because it's an easy throw. And he misses too many. And he needs to not be the sucky guy more than he is now in order for us to believe or invest in him. 

BUT...

There are several QBs that are better than him that would be worse than him on the Bills. Tyrod haters ignore the ten plays a game he eludes the rush and either throws a bad pass or makes a great completion. Guys like Cousins and Flacco and maybe even Matt Ryan would get killed on the Bills under the rush they get. Even Brady would get killed. Our OL stinks at pass protection. Our WR suck at getting separation. Our OC stinks. Tyrod camouflages our glaring deficiencies. Be careful what you wish for. 

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Agreed.

People better be careful what they ask for , who is an available upgrade for Taylor??? 

Give him a run game and good defense and he will reward you with 10+ wins imo.

He wins , is a respected leader by his peers, he's just not one of 4-5 QB in the league that can do it by themselves and unless we have an opportunity at one of those guys, I'd love to build around Tyrod. I said this all year

100%.

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

What does this even mean?

We just clinched the play offs with Hotrod completing 70% of his passes throwing for a TD and ZERO turnovers. What the H E double hockey sticks do y'all want?

I'm kind of digging this winning thing.

Yup... but according to the TBD geniuses, the only thing that matters is passing yards. I'm guessing it's also because he doesn't "look" like how they want their QB to look but we won't get into that (they get sensitive when they're called on it)...

Edited by LA Grant

13 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I love this team and I will be a Bills fan until I have a heart attack that puts me 6 feet under when we win the super bowl some day but I will get there faster if Tyrod is the starting QB of this team one more season.  Countless mistakes and limitations.  He was a decent bridge QB.  I want to win a super bowl not be a first round out like Cincinnati or Houston has been the last several years.  Time to move on

Did we lose?

I thought we played next Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1