Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

8 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I cant believe the lengths to which you will lie and violate your own integrity to throw negativity on Tyrod. Hes attempted passes like that quite a few times. Literally yhtere are only a few qbs in the league that have that as a staple go to throw in normal situations let alone end if the game needing to score situations.

You are totally correct — but I can't recommend this enough: do not bother responding to MAJBobby. He doesn't debate from any point of reason. He's quite literally just trolling. Take a look through his profile and his history of posts — they're all the same, just quick posts of inflammatory things, almost never backed up, and rarely (if ever) cordial. He's asking you to show him video of Tyrod making a throw he's made in tons of games -- don't bother. It's not going to change his mind, and he's not going to be persuaded by facts. 

Sorry to have to call it out so plainly but it's the truth.

There are obviously counterpoints to the idea of building around Tyrod, and he's not without his faults — but you won't be having that debate with MAJBobby. It will just waste your time.

Edited by LA Grant
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

I am not against the idea of committing to Tyrod.

His improvement opportunities are undeniable and this board certainly calls them out loudly. I worry, however, that he is deemed by many to be "inadequate" in comparison to Rodgers and Brady. That is just silly. I agree that he is not going to the Hall of Fame. 

He has proven that we can win with him. He has proven that he can win with weak supporting casts. He has proven to be mentally and emotionally strong. He is an excellent leader. He has unique tools for the position and we have benefitted from his performance.  He is one of the reasons we are in the playoffs.

If we can do better, great. I guarantee you that we can do a lot worse. Please don't lose sight of that.

And i am not conparing him to Brady or Rodgers. However Goff and Wentz. Shouldnt a 3 year starter with 7 years in the league throw better than Goff and Wentz

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

All these players are in the playoffs. Aren't they?

Yep TT should by shady and the defense gifts

13 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Draft someone and start a rookie?  start Peterman? Go after a FA? 

None seem like soild options. I’d like to see more from Tyrod sometimes, but you could do worse. A lot worse. 

And we have. EJ, Fitz, Tree t, JP, Kelly Holcombe

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

You are totally correct — I can't recommend to people enough to not bother responding to MAJBobby. He doesn't debate from any point of reason. He's quite literally just trolling. Take a look through his profile and his history of posts — they're all the same, just quick posts of inflammatory things, almost never backed up, and rarely (if ever) cordial. 

Sorry to have to call it out so plainly but it's the truth.

There are obviously counterpoints to the idea of building around Tyrod, and he's not without his faults — but you won't be having that debate with MAJBobby. It will just waste your time.

Ahhh cool a call out post. 

Debate this 

worst passing offense

-57 scoring differential 

still refuses to throw the ball on time

and still waiting for video evidence that the statement i made is a lie

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And i am not conparing him to Brady or Rodgers. However Goff and Wentz. Shouldnt a 3 year starter with 7 years in the league throw better than Goff and Wentz

Yep TT should by shady and the defense gifts

I can agree with this.

Just like Kelly did back in the day. :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Well given that he's 35th in passing yards per game in a 32-team league, I'd say a lot of guys.

He had some good throws early today, then went back to his usual bunches of idiotic sacks and passes behind his receivers.  

Offense stalled out (YET AGAIN) in the second half, and they needed a game ending INT (YET AGAIN) to beat a rookie QB on a team that didn't care.

His $16M salary could be used on a lot better options.

Is this true? i softened my stance somewhat after the win, but, yecchhh

9 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I cant believe the lengths to which you will lie and violate your own integrity to throw negativity on Tyrod. Hes attempted passes like that quite a few times. Literally yhtere are only a few qbs in the league that have that as a staple go to throw in normal situations let alone end if the game needing to score situations.

4th & 12... Tyrod has Tyler Boyd deep and Mike Tolbert in the flat. Where do you think that ball is going? 

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I am not against the idea of committing to Tyrod.

His improvement opportunities are undeniable and this board certainly calls them out loudly. I worry, however, that he is deemed by many to be "inadequate" in comparison to Rodgers and Brady. That is just silly. I agree that he is not going to the Hall of Fame. 

He has proven that we can win with him. He has proven that he can win with weak supporting casts. He has proven to be mentally and emotionally strong. He is an excellent leader. He has unique tools for the position and we have benefitted from his performance.  He is one of the reasons we are in the playoffs.

If we can do better, great. I guarantee you that we can do a lot worse. Please don't lose sight of that.

Okay so, Aaron Rodgers has won one (1) Super Bowl, the same as Drew Brees and Russell Wilson... the same as Brad Johnson & Trent Dilfer. Fewer than Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

Point is: you're right, we can win with Tyrod. We actually don't know what his ceiling is, because he has not had any consistency with his WRs in Buffalo. 

My question is — can we give that to him? Can we see what that looks like? Because when he had it, in the rare instances when Watkins/Woods/Goodwin were all on the field together — Tyrod looked pretty damn good.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Peterman sucked. But you know what TT is not good either. 

Want Better

Really 4th ans 12 and a checkdown wide open and TT would attempt the pass in a window between three defenders. 

OK SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF VIDEO that shows that anywhere out of his 3 year career 

“A pass that Tyrod would never attempt” huh? How about that 50 yd bom to clay vs atlanta in double coverage this year? This is too easy. I cant believe the lengths you will violate your integrity to make it seem as if Tyrod is terrible. He isnt. But your lying is.

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

4th & 12... Tyrod has Tyler Boyd deep and Mike Tolbert in the flat. Where do you think that ball is going? 

No dont thats a lie. It is a lie he is going to show me video evidence TT makes tha throw because apparently i go to some great lengths of integrity violation

2 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

“A pass that Tyrod would never attempt” huh? How about that 50 yd bom to clay vs atlanta in double coverage this year? This is too easy. I cant believe the lengths you will violate your integrity to make it seem as if Tyrod is terrible. He isnt. But your lying is.

4th and 12 with a open check down for a first. Waiting in that video evidence he makes that throw until you can prove that you Calling me a lier means absolutely NADA. Not like it does anyway

4 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Okay so, Aaron Rodgers has won one (1) Super Bowl, the same as Drew Brees and Russell Wilson... the same as Brad Johnson & Trent Dilfer. Fewer than Eli Manning and Joe Flacco.

Point is: you're right, we can win with Tyrod. We actually don't know what his ceiling is, because he has not had any consistency with his WRs in Buffalo. 

My question is — can we give that to him? Can we see what that looks like? Because when he had it, in the rare instances when Watkins/Woods/Goodwin were all on the field together — Tyrod looked pretty damn good.

Nope 3 years same crap. GET BETTER

and Yes there is a reason i am talking about this today because i knew some emotional attachement would automatically go to him because he is the QB at the time Andy Dalton ended the drought

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No dont thats a lie. It is a lie he is going to show me video evidence TT makes tha throw because apparently i go to some great lengths of integrity violation

4th and 12 with a open check down for a first. Waiting in that video evidence he makes that throw until you can prove that you Calling me a lier means absolutely NADA. Not like it does anyway

Except you are a liar. Yu said taylor never makes that throw. Those were your words. I quoted you. I didnt know it had to be 4-12. But your just exposing yourself to your true agenda. Hes made

thows like that a ton of times. One recently in the atlanta game this year to clay. But continue on witjnyour agenda Bobby it’s amusing.

9 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Got that video evidence yet?

seem to throw lier around alot. But yet no proof the statement i made is a lie. 

4th - 12 three in coverage open checkdown for the 1st. TT will NOT make THAT throw. 

So keep trying or keep lieing that he can make THAT throw or get a grasp on the English Language not sure which it is

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

sorry, but you're incorrect here. He had the amazing Sammy Watkins, Bob Woods, Glass Goodwin AND charles clay for two seasons, and he knocked his head on the ceiling of 3000 yards or so.

Just now, joesixpack said:

sorry, but you're incorrect here. He had the amazing Sammy Watkins, Bob Woods, Glass Goodwin AND charles clay for two seasons, and he knocked his head on the ceiling of 3000 yards or so.

Maybe we can get Beathard and Goodwin in a package deal. 

Please god no, Taylor needs to leave, I outlined this scenario of the Bills making the playoffs. Shady has a good year along with the defense getting turnovers = a possibility of the Bills sneaking into the wildcard. We could find any QB that can throw for 2,799 and 14 TD's. I would rather go into next season with AJ McCarron and a top rookie. I think fate is trying to tell us something, with the McCarron trade falling through and a Bengals QB getting us to the playoffs. We need to get AJ McCarron.

52 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Did TT blow a coverage?

I didn't realize TT played on that side of the ball.

Prevent defense.   Ever hear of it?

At least a half dozen times TT held onto the ball too long.   Even a fraction of a second matters in games.  

It was 19 to 0 when the turtle went into his shell.