Props to McDermott haters!

13 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

we won - enjoy it

unless you're not a fan of the Bills.

It's okay to be happy with a win, yet still critical of the team.

The 2 point try was stupid.  Tyrod Taylor was absolutely horrible.  And special teams aren't the kind of special we're looking for.

But yes ... we won ... and I'm sure we're all very happy about it!

Other than winning, the best part of the game was Karma biting that scumbag Kristian Alonso in the neck.  !@#$er.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

The 2 point try was stupid.  Tyrod Taylor was absolutely horrible.  And special teams aren't the kind of special we're looking for.

Other than winning, the best part of the game was Karma biting that scumbag Kristian Alonso in the neck.  !@#$er.

What was wrong with the ST's?

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th and 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

I admit that I didn't trust the process, but I'm sure as hell happy to be wrong. I'm not trusting anything until McDermott has finished his third full season.

Edited by snafu
Misspelling

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What did he do yesterday?  Going to blame him for the Offense again turtling the second half.

His fault that the D allowed a no name QB to almost beat them again?

163 Yards passing the first half and again very little the second.

Watch Brady vs. The Jets?  He looked very mediocre.  

1 minute ago, snafu said:

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th bad 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

I admit that I didn't trust the process, but I'm sure as hell happy to be wrong. I'm not trusting anything until McDermott has finished his third full season.

I still don't trust the process.  Their record is pretty much the same as it was in 2014, 2015 & 2016.  The difference is we got the breaks this year.

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I just know this. Rex is a big talker, it's a big part of who he is in public. When a guy like that fails to deliver, when the defense regresses, and when he goes out and hires his twin brother to elevate the play to top defense in the league...it's fair to expect him to deliver.  He didn't, and the bills moved on.  

McDermott delivered, at least for now.  After a such a long time walking in football darkness, why not just let the sun shine on your face for the next week or so? 

I can go with that.  Even if I do have to stick my exposed face out in -2F weather to achieve that "sun shine on face" thing right now.

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th bad 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

They're slowly coming out of the woodwork...

12 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

My opinion on McDermott was reserved all season long, mainly because of the previous 17 years, all the fast starts, disappointments and letdowns. Even today, I kept thinking about the 2004 season when the Bills needed to beat the Steelers and lost to their backups.

While McDermott is not perfect, he has done something no other Bills coach has done in over 17 years and that’s make the playoffs. It’s a huge morale booster! I’m trusting the process and drinking the kool aid. Go Bills!

I'm not drinking the Koolaid, but I certainly didn't see this happening mid-season and I'm willing to do the "-2 sun-bask" thing.

I will say, I will be more impressed if the Bills pull off a win against the Jags.  I will pour a glass of Koolaid and I might take a "gulp"

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That going for two was a TERRIBLE CALL. If we make it it's 21 points. Three TDs. But we were 19 points up. If we just kick the point it's 20. That means they cannot win without three TDs and little time to do that much. At 20 they cannot tie with two TDs and a FG. It's a horrible call. At 19, if we miss, which we did, that's two TDs and a FG (obviously with two two point conversions but still). That's just a bad call. As it is they could have WON at the end because of that crappy call. Otherwise they just tie. 

I thought the same thing about going for two at that point. Seemed insane to me. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

What was wrong with the ST's?

They can't recover an onside kick.

Let me be clear, though ... I have been a McD fan from day one and I have also loved/believed in "the process," as I understand it.  I hope he and Beane are both here for many years to come.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Let me be clear, though ... I have been a McD fan from day one and I have also loved/believed in "the process," as I understand it.  I hope he and Beane are both here for many years to come.

Please explain?  I don't get the Process......  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

OK.  I agree there. 

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes but the poster seems to only credit that because he is still mad over Rex getting fired so he cant give McD any credit.  That's disingenuous to not give our own head coach any credit.  It wasn't ALL because of Andy Dalton.  That's ridiculous.

I felt that same way about the Andy Dalton play as all those guys in the locker room (including McCoach) who were jumping up and down with glee when the play happened - as well as the thousands who liked or re-tweeted the following tweet:

For all the @buffalobills fans in our mentions: Happy New Year ?#Bengals50NFL_2017_CINBengals.png

8:01 PM - 31 Dec 2017

1,157 replies7,525 retweets21,721 likes

Retweet

Direct message

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/947633898678300673

They and we had no control over the slender thread of a chance of converting that play, but we are all extremely grateful.

My views of Rex do not influence my views of McDermott although I do point out examples where there appear to be a double standard (e.g., defense ranked better last year than this year 19th v 26th, run defense ranked 29th this year and last year,  15 defenders on the field at the same time, penalty differential,  etc.).  I reserve the right to do so.

It is true that I am not McCoach's biggest fan, but I also am not a hater or have I ever said that he should be fired in less than two years.  I have not agreed with some of the moves that he and Beane have made or the use of the cliche "process" etc. That's life.

In the end, however, we are in the playoffs.  We were in the position to be lucky, take advantage of one of the unlikeliest of plays in another game (4th and 12, 49 yard TD pass with 44 seconds left to play),  and make the playoffs in large part because of the work that McDermott and others have done. Well done.  Let's see where we go from here.

Go Bills!

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Please explain?  I don't get the Process......  

I think it's open for interpretation at this point, but how I see it:

Get rid of any divas, me-first players, and players who don't want to play hard.

Create the vision of how the offense and defense will run and stick to it - putting players who can execute in place of those who cannot.

If a player isn't fitting/working out, get rid of him while you can still get something for him.

Addition by subtraction.

Don't overpay for positions like WR or RB.

The off-season purge (mostly getting rid of Watkins, Gillislee and Woods, as well as letting so many defensive players go) is what led me to believe this is what the process is.

Of all the players who left, Robert Woods remains the only one I'm truly upset about.  Dareus, to a much smaller degree.  But everyone else - good riddance.

Someone asked my yesterday, what I thought the offense would have been like with Watkins and Woods.  At first, I thought, "better," but then I realized we'd already been there and done it.  There was a reason it didn't work.  That reason is gone.

The process is working.

28 minutes ago, snafu said:

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th and 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

Deep fried and slathered in franks/butter/vinegar for you.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

When they have been 10 points up at any stage in a game this season they are 6-0.  So people can B word about the conservative approach.... the fact is it is part of why the drought is over. 

Now that's a great stat .. is is possible against Saint Doug's Defense with a one legged Shady?   I hope so ... I don't see the Jags throwing up a ton of points ... but worried about getting to plus 10 ... but I'll take plus one at the end of the game :)

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Get rid of any divas, me-first players, and players who don't want to play hard.

Create the vision of how the offense and defense will run and stick to it - putting players who can execute in place of those who cannot.

If a player isn't fitting/working out, get rid of him while you can still get something for him.

Addition by subtraction.

The off-season purge (mostly getting rid of Watkins, Gillislee and Woods, as well as letting so many defensive players go) is what led me to believe this is what the process is.

Of all the players who left, Robert Woods remains the only one I'm truly upset about.  Dareus, to a much smaller degree.  But everyone else - good riddance.

Someone asked my yesterday, what I thought the offense would have been like with Watkins and Woods.  At first, I thought, "better," but then I realized we'd already been there and done it.  There was a reason it didn't work.  That reason is gone.

The process is working.

And this is exactly about interpreting things as one wants to believe.

The Diva crap is just that.  Good players > then bad players with right attitude..... Also winning attitude and results helps.  Name me Divas on winning teams and if anyone cares at all......  They're only trouble when losing.....

Offense & Defense have been meh at best.  6 times (Mia x 2, KC, Atl, TB, Indy) the opposition had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game and the Bills somehow survived after giving up leads and letting teams back in the second half.

Addition by Subtraction - Really believe that?

Bills do overpay for RB and should and too should have some WR's.....  They are important in an Offense first league.

Keep drinking the Koolaid......   

Edited by Billsfan1972

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Addition by subtraction.

The process is working.

I am not going to address your post line by line, but I sure wish we had Gillislee right now.

21 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is exactly about interpreting things as one wants to believe.

The Diva crap is just that.  Good players > then bad players with right attitude..... Also winning attitude and results helps.  Name me Divas on winning teams and if anyone cares at all......  They're only trouble when losing.....

Offense & Defense have been meh at best.  6 times (Mia x 2, KC, Atl, TB, Indy) the opposition had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game and the Bills somehow survived after giving up leads and letting teams back in the second half.

Addition by Subtraction - Really believe that?

Bills do overpay for RB and should and too should have some WR's.....  They are important in an Offense first league.

Keep drinking the Koolaid......   

you sound like sour grapes out personnel decision that were made.  that's ok, but don't let your emotions cloud the fact that this staff did a pretty good job this year.  i don't expect you to admit it, but they did.  this team didn't need sammy to get to the playoffs.  he's in a better situation, and so are the bills.  time to move on.  the bills just made the playoffs, and  you have the nerve to spit out a koolaid comment.  it's just who you are.