Props to McDermott haters!

1 hour ago, snafu said:

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th and 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

I admit that I didn't trust the process, but I'm sure as hell happy to be wrong. I'm not trusting anything until McDermott has finished his third full season.

Sure as hell happy to be wrong about what exactly?

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

I am not going to address your post line by line, but I sure wish we had Gillislee right now.

Hope for a healthy McCoy.

He's much better.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

This thread wouldn't exist but for a 4th and 12 conversion by another team in a different game. Hold the crow.  McDermott got the monkey off our back, but there are bigger fish to fry. Getting to the playoffs isn't "the baby". 

I admit that I didn't trust the process, but I'm sure as hell happy to be wrong. I'm not trusting anything until McDermott has finished his third full season.

Yiu don’t need to trust anything. No one cares! 

Hahahahahahaha.  What’s up now mental patients????  Time to just shut it. No one cares haters!! 

59 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is exactly about interpreting things as one wants to believe.

The Diva crap is just that.  Good players > then bad players with right attitude..... Also winning attitude and results helps.  Name me Divas on winning teams and if anyone cares at all......  They're only trouble when losing.....

Offense & Defense have been meh at best.  6 times (Mia x 2, KC, Atl, TB, Indy) the opposition had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game and the Bills somehow survived after giving up leads and letting teams back in the second half.

Addition by Subtraction - Really believe that?

Bills do overpay for RB and should and too should have some WR's.....  They are important in an Offense first league.

Keep drinking the Koolaid......   

....how did you manage to escape the Jim Jones festivities???....just curious...........

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What did he do yesterday?  Going to blame him for the Offense again turtling the second half.

His fault that the D allowed a no name QB to almost beat them again?

163 Yards passing the first half and again very little the second.

Watch Brady vs. The Jets?  He looked very mediocre.  

I still don't trust the process.  Their record is pretty much the same as it was in 2014, 2015 & 2016.  The difference is we got the breaks this year.

People with your view are the ones I created this thread for.

would you like fork and knife or chopsticks for your crow?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

People with your view are the ones I created this thread for.

would you like fork and knife or chopsticks for your crow?

What?????  Please tell me what in my response led to this comment?

Maybe Fales will sign a big contract thanks to McDermott?

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Sure as hell happy to be wrong about what exactly?

Hope for a healthy McCoy.

He's much better.

Obviously (to quote Doug Marrone), a healthy McCoy is much better, but the operative word is healthy.  It would be nice to have a great back up in case Shady is not healthy or cannot go the whole game. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Obviously (to quote Doug Marrone), a healthy McCoy is much better, but the operative word is healthy.  It would be nice to have a great back up in case Shady is not healthy or cannot go the whole game. 

Obviously (to quote you quoting Dougy), Gillislee ain't walking in that door anytime soon.

However! Let me introduce to you - Mr. Murphy! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

You do realize we actually had to win yesterday on the road as well in order to get in?

We did. We are also fortunate that the game was against the Dolphins who had given up. They also played a QB who (admit it) nearly all of us had not heard of before this past week and yet the Dolphins and this unknown QB had 349 yards of offense against our defense.

I am happy that we are in the playoffs, but let's be a little realistic about this.

5 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Obviously (to quote you quoting Dougy), Gillislee ain't walking in that door anytime soon.

However! Let me introduce to you - Mr. Murphy! :thumbsup:

Obviously.

I wish he were though . . . especially this week.

Edited by Peter

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

We did. We are also fortunate that the game was against the Dolphins who had given up. They also played a QB who (admit it) nearly all of us had not heard of before this past week and yet the Dolphins and this unknown QB had 349 yards of offense against our defense.

I am happy that we are in the playoffs, but let's be a little realistic about this.

Obviously.

I wish he were though . . . especially this week.

I am not going to be upset that we won a game we were supposed to win......and winning on the road is never a easy thing.

That is where it starts.....winning the games you are supposed to.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I am not going to be upset that we won a game we were supposed to win......and winning on the road is never a easy thing.

No apologies are needed for winning a game... and there sure as hell aren’t any apologies required for coaching the Bills into the playoffs in your first year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

1 hour ago, Rico said:

No apologies are needed for winning a game... and there sure as hell aren’t any apologies required for coaching the Bills into the playoffs in your first year.

I never asked either of you or anyone else to apologize.  

I am just being realistic. We had 349 yards rung up against us by a team that gave up on the season and was led by a guy who most of us never had heard of before and it took an absolute freaking miracle of a play by Dalton (4th and 12, 49 yard TD with 44 seconds left) for us to make the playoffs.

I am happy that we finally have some luck on our side after having none for so many years.  I also hope that we crush St. Doug because it will be miserable if we were to lose to that guy.

Happy New Year.

Go Bills!

Edited by Peter

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think it's open for interpretation at this point, but how I see it:

Get rid of any divas, me-first players, and players who don't want to play hard.

Create the vision of how the offense and defense will run and stick to it - putting players who can execute in place of those who cannot.

If a player isn't fitting/working out, get rid of him while you can still get something for him.

Addition by subtraction.

Don't overpay for positions like WR or RB.

The off-season purge (mostly getting rid of Watkins, Gillislee and Woods, as well as letting so many defensive players go) is what led me to believe this is what the process is.

Of all the players who left, Robert Woods remains the only one I'm truly upset about.  Dareus, to a much smaller degree.  But everyone else - good riddance.

Someone asked my yesterday, what I thought the offense would have been like with Watkins and Woods.  At first, I thought, "better," but then I realized we'd already been there and done it.  There was a reason it didn't work.  That reason is gone.

The process is working.

I think that Woods being a free agent would not have signed with the Bill's anyway, SoCal man and wanted to return to his roots.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can go with that.  Even if I do have to stick my exposed face out in -2F weather to achieve that "sun shine on face" thing right now.

you really can't tell what is sunburn and what might be windburn. the video that came out of the locker room of the players cheering like Pop Warner kids was awesome.  No doubt some liked playing for Rec as well but just great to see.