Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

2 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:
hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Carolina had 20k bills fans. Atlanta had probably 15k.

Cary, NC and the triangle have more Monroe county and Erie county residents than any other county in the country.

That’s why they call Cary 

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. 

2 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Hi there. Bills fan here who moved to town in 1995, the first year of the Jags.  Of course, by living here, I couldn't help following the Jags as my "2nd team." 

I'm LOL at your statement above which I bolded. The ONLY reason that there is going to be so many Bills fans at this game is because of the loads of "loyal" local fans who are selling their tiks because they value money more than they value supporting the Jags. IOW, for them, Greed is #1.  You do realize that, right?

Of course I expect some Bills fans to be there. Just nowhere near the numbers you guys are throwing out. Every Jags fan I know is going to the game. Appreciate the passion and the loyalty, but reality needs to factor in somewhere too.

12 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

Of course I expect some Bills fans to be there. Just nowhere near the numbers you guys are throwing out. Every Jags fan I know is going to the game. Appreciate the passion and the loyalty, but reality needs to factor in somewhere too.

Say what?

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

You need to add the dispersed bills fans coming too. I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of the bills fans there no longer reside in western New York. 

You need to live in reality and do the math that would get the stadium to 20-30k Bills fans. I get that you guys think Jags fans are completely disloyal and are simply looking to cash in by gouging Bills fans, but I cannot impress on you how confident I am nowhere near that number of Bills fans will be in the stadium on Sunday. You will have a presence, but you will not make up a third or half the stadium. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

You need to live in reality and do the math that would get the stadium to 20-30k Bills fans. I get that you guys think Jags fans are completely disloyal and are simply looking to cash in by gouging Bills fans, but I cannot impress on you how confident I am nowhere near that number of Bills fans will be in the stadium on Sunday. You will have a presence, but you will not make up a third or half the stadium. Sorry.

20% of the tickets would be 13,433 tickets....I think it is very reasonable that there is at least 5,000 Bills fans from Non-New York going (I am one, living in CA). Seems very reasonable to get to approximately 20k bills fans at the game. Your defensive attitude screams of insecurity. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

20% of the tickets would be 13,433 tickets....I think it is very reasonable that there is at least 5,000 Bills fans from Non-New York going (I am one, living in CA). Seems very reasonable to get to approximately 20k bills fans at the game. Your defensive attitude screams of insecurity. 

I know of about 300 Bills fans myself just through Facebook groups that have stated they are going.  These are all transplants.

God I wish I could go to this game, but it's a little difficult to do that flight from Honolulu.

Regardless, despite the fact that this game will be on TV, I'm going to the bar to watch this game with the bills fans that I've watched and suffered with for years now. Hopefully, we're celebrating a win at the end of the day!

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know of about 300 Bills fans myself just through Facebook groups that have stated they are going.  These are all transplants.

Sorry, I heard my name :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, SwagJag said:

"About 20%" of a stadium with 67,000 seats equals 20-30k Bills fans.  Gotcha.

More than half the Bills fans there will not be from NY, I'd bet anything on it. We will have at least 20k there my friend. Get your voice ready!!!

I wonder how many would have voted Bills if Mccoy was healthy.

With a healthy Mccoy this one is a toss up.

We dont have the better team but our team got heart, and MOMENTUM.

That alone can get us the W as long as we dont beat ourselves.

If we can stop their run, we have a good chance to win with bortles spotting us a few interceptjons to poyer and hyde.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why did Wojton put "dominate" in quotation marks? Is he making fun of the way Washington talks? The dialect?

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
Jacksonville, FL
Thursday 12:00 AM
Clear

°F | °

The BILLS are coming.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why did Wojton put "dominate" in quotation marks? Is he making fun of the way Washington talks? The dialect?

Completely unnecessary.  Lots of people misuse "dominate" for "dominant" -- I've seen it a gazillion times on this board.  He didn't need to call out AW for that mistake.

BILLS TODAY: NFL'S TOP TACKLER IS PRESTON BROWN

bills-today-new-jan-4.jpg

Here's the Bills news of note for Jan. 4th.

ERIC WOOD: "NEXT GOAL IS TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND" (2:59)
C Eric Wood spoke to the media about facing Marcell Dareus, RB Marcus Murphy and his thoughts on Bills' fans donating to Bengals QB Andy Dalton's foundation.

10 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

More than half the Bills fans there will not be from NY, I'd bet anything on it. We will have at least 20k there my friend. Get your voice ready!!!

At this point I am convinced this will be a home game for Buffalo with a whopping 50,000 Bills fans in attendance. That your fans travel well and will have a presence in the stadium still means nothing to what the actual players on the field are doing. 

From what I gather, some of you feel your bravado and superior cheering skills will give the Bills the edge to overcome the fact that your team ranks in the bottom third on offense and defense and is facing a team in the top 6 in both categories. Sure..  any given Sunday and all that, but the odds are clearly stacked against a Bills victory everywhere except this thread. Just ask Vegas. Could it happen? Sure. But the brimming confidence some are showing is not what one would expect from a team that is clearly flawed and whose best offensive weapon will be less than 100%, if he plays at all, behind a bottom tier OL. That must be some special kool-aid you make up there. 

Edited by SwagJag

7 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

At this point I am convinced this will be a home game for Buffalo with a whopping 50,000 Bills fans in attendance. That your fans travel well and will have a presence in the stadium still means nothing to what the actual players on the field are doing. 

From what I gather, some of you feel your bravado and superior cheering skills will give the Bills the edge to overcome the fact that your team ranks in the bottom third on offense and defense and is facing a team in the top 6 in both categories. Sure..  any given Sunday and all that, but the odds are clearly stacked against a Bills victory everywhere except this thread. Just ask Vegas. Could it happen? Sure. But the brimming confidence some are showing is not what one would expect from a team that is clearly flawed and whose best offensive weapon will be less than 100%, if he plays at all, behind a bottom tier OL. That must be some special kool-aid you make up there. 

Now you are sounding like a troll. Just saying. 

23 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

The jags finished a SINGLE game better than buffalo while having the EASIEST schedule in the nfl in one of the easiest, if not the easiest, division in the nfl. Let’s not act like this is a12 win team that’s on a roll. They backed into the playoffs while bortles started to be the bortles we’ve all come to know over his career. 

Sorry if we think that’s a team that’s fairly beatable. And honestly if McCoy was 100% this spread would probably be only 3 or 4 Pts. The jags are favored and rightly so. But nobody should be surprised if buffalo comes out with the W

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The jags finished a SINGLE game better than buffalo while having the EASIEST schedule in the nfl in one of the easiest, if not the easiest, division in the nfl. They backed into the playoffs while bortles started to be the bortles we’ve all come to know over his career. 

Sorry if we think that’s a team that’s fairly beatable. And honestly if McCoy was 100% this spread would probably be only 3 or 4 pts. 

The Jags locked up the playoffs weeks ago. A faction of Bills fans want to add Andy Dalton to the Ring of Honor for such an improbable playoff berth. The Jags come into the postseason with 55 sacks going against the third most sacked QB in the league. Talking stats and players is a lot more fun than talking travelling fans.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

And crushed the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

They are beatable, but if the Jags backed into the playoffs than how did the Bills get there? 

Jacksonville is by far the more talented team. It is going to take a lot to beat them, IMO. 

Bills have a shot, but there's a reason just about everyone outside of Buffalo thinks Jacksonville wins.

The bills finished the season 4-2 and handled their business the last week. The jags finished 3-3 and lost their last 2. 

How exactly are you saying the bills backed in? They got help but they most certainly didn’t back in. 

Jags are favored and should be. You can’t deny the fact they finished a SINGLE GAME better with the easiest record in the whole freaking league. Let’s not act like they should be some overwhelming favorite. 

• Like (+1) 1

Joe B: 5 Buffalo Bills practice notes ahead of Jaguars game (1/3/17) - WKBW.com
The Buffalo Bills entered into brand new territory on Wednesday, as they conducted their first practice of a playoff week in just a shade under 18 years.

What Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said in a conference call with Buffalo Bills media | NewYorkUpstate.com
Marrone had a conference call ahead of the Bills-Jaguars first-round matchup.

9 minutes ago, SwagJag said:

The Jags locked up the playoffs weeks ago. A faction of Bills fans want to add Andy Dalton to the Ring of Honor for such an improbable playoff berth. The Jags come into the postseason with 55 sacks going against the third most sacked QB in the league. Talking stats and players is a lot more fun than talking travelling fans.

Right. Stats and numbers. Which is why I referenced strength of schedule and there one more win on the season. Or we can talk about bortles doing his thing the last 2 weeks and now having to face the top int safety duo in the nfl. YES PLEASE.... The jags were still playing for a bye when they got man handled by the niners. And obviously wanted last week as it seems like they freakin hate the titans 

And the dalton play wouldn’t mean jack squat if it happened a month ago. People wouldn’t be talking about it like they are. Bottom line is OVER THE WHOLE SEASON. The bills did what they needed to in order to get in. The ravens didn’t. Should I thank whomever beat the ravens back in September? Or maybe pin the whole season on big bens drive to beat them 4 weeks ago?

I just said the jags should be favored but I’m sorry if I’m not quaking in my boots over a team that came out of the afc south at 10-6. Not happening. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty