The Wall.

Nanker

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

I'll admit you're a complete fraud. Except, perhaps you're not. You might actually believe the **** you come here spouting day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute.

I believe your stupid fn wall ain't never getting built 

Ok, you got me, build the wall! If there is a path to citizenship for 11million of our people vying n this country, let's do it! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/us/politics/trump-daca-immigration.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday appeared to endorse a sweeping immigration deal that would eventually grant millions of undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, saying he would be willing to “take the heat” politically for an approach that many of his hard-line supporters have long viewed as unacceptable.

The president made the remarks during an extended meeting with congressional Republicans and Democrats who are weighing a shorter-term agreement that would extend legal status for undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children. Mr. Trump has said such a deal must be accompanied by new money for a border wall and measures to limit immigrants from bringing family members into the country in the future, conditions he repeated during the meeting on Tuesday.

But in backing a broader immigration measure, Mr. Trump was giving a rare public glimpse of an impulse he has expressed privately to advisers and lawmakers — the desire to preside over a more far-reaching solution to the status of the 11 million undocumented immigrants already living and working in the United States. Such action has the potential to alienate the hard-line immigration activists who powered his political rise and helped him win the presidency, many of whom have described it as amnesty for lawbreakers.

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

...alienate the hard-line immigration activists [...] many of whom have described it as amnesty for lawbreakers.

For once, I'm replying to you with an observation of idiocy that is not your own particular idiocy.  This must be a first.

Amnesty:

The action of a government by which all persons or certain groups of persons who have committed a criminal offense [...] are granted immunity from prosecution.

Well, no !@#$ing ****.  People who don't break the law don't need amnesty.  What the !@#$ do these asshats think "amnesty" means?

(Side note: this is why pretending illegal immigrants are merely "undocumented" and not really breaking the law is counterproductive.  No need to grand them amnesty if they're not doing anything illegal.  This is also why semantics are !@#$ing important!!!!)

(Additional side note: gatorman's still an idiot.)

36 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There should be a whole bunch of angry Trump supporters after today's video. 

They're going to make a deal on DACA, and the wall isn't going to be anything close to what he promised during his campaign. 

That remains to be seen. I saw that entire video, and I saw nothing too radical either way. In fact, I found the cooperative spirit among the participants to be extremely refreshing. The only pundit I've heard whose head is about to explode over it is Ann Coulter.

I suspect that your idea of how Trump supporters are may be a bit inaccurate, but again, that remains to be seen.

20 minutes ago, Azalin said:

That remains to be seen. I saw that entire video, and I saw nothing too radical either way. In fact, I found the cooperative spirit among the participants to be extremely refreshing. The only pundit I've heard whose head is about to explode over it is Ann Coulter.

I suspect that your idea of how Trump supporters are may be a bit inaccurate, but again, that remains to be seen.

:beer: Well said.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

Trump is not going to make a DACA deal without getting what he wants as regards to a wall. The only reason the dems don't want a wall is that it will mean Trump has come through on a promise. All the prominent dems have been for a wall in the past. Unfortunately the dems appear to want to make this very partisan. Trump needs to have more "negotiating" sessions televised like he had today. He could be seen as the reasonable one and get bonus points for being very transparent.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

And tucker Carlson 

11 hours ago, jrober38 said:

They're going to make a deal on DACA, and the wall isn't going to be anything close to what he promised during his campaign. 

Yeah, Fox News and MSLSD and CNN have video of it playing right now. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of unruly protesters are in the streets, turning over police cars, burning stores, looting (big screen TVs are a prized item), and some have even dressed up in giant penis and scrotum costumes. They’re just going nuts!

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yeah, Fox News and MSLSD and CNN have video of it playing right now. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of unruly protesters are in the streets, turning over police cars, burning stores, looting (big screen TVs are a prized item), and some have even dressed up in giant penis and scrotum costumes. They’re just going nuts!

We don't refer to nuts, scrotums and penises here. Those references make gator full of envy.

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump is not going to make a DACA deal without getting what he wants as regards to a wall. The only reason the dems don't want a wall is that it will mean Trump has come through on a promise. All the prominent dems have been for a wall in the past. Unfortunately the dems appear to want to make this very partisan. Trump needs to have more "negotiating" sessions televised like he had today. He could be seen as the reasonable one and get bonus points for being very transparent.

Prepare to be very disappointed.

Trump ran on the promise that he'd build a great wall, and that Mexico will pay for it.

Neither of those things are going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Prepare to be very disappointed.

Trump ran on the promise that he'd build a great wall, and that Mexico will pay for it.

Neither of those things are going to happen.

Around these parts we tend to frown upon proclamations vs. discussion. Without laying out the "why" your words are meaningless. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Around these parts we tend to frown upon proclamations vs. discussion. Without laying out the "why" your words are meaningless. 

No, my words are just something you aren't willing to accept.

Trump promised a wall, and said Mexico would pay for it. As things stand, the wall is going to be nothing like the one he promised (won't cover the whole border, a lot of fence and limited bricks and mortar), and Mexico isn't going to pay a dime for it.

When Trump compromises here on DACA and the Wall, the Republicans are going to get taken to the woodshed this November. The Trump MAGA agenda will prove to have been a scam that he either couldn't deliver or didn't fight hard enough for, with none of the major talking points having been delivered and most falling way short of what he promised to his base in 2016. 

Mid term elections are historically difficult for the party in power, and with the wall being the most high profile thing he ran on, if that falls way short of the mark and they grant amnesty to all the DACA kids, I think the Republicans can expect a lot of the swing voters to either flip, or stay home, and the Dems should have a really good chance at winning the house. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Trump promised a wall, and said Mexico would pay for it. As things stand, the wall is going to be nothing like the one he promised (won't cover the whole border, a lot of fence and limited bricks and mortar), and Mexico isn't going to pay a dime for it.

When Trump compromises here on DACA and the Wall, the Republicans are going to get taken to the woodshed this November. The Trump MAGA agenda will prove to have been a scam that he either couldn't deliver or didn't fight hard enough for, with none of the major talking points having been delivered and most falling way short of what he promised to his base in 2016. 

Mid term elections are historically difficult for the party in power, and with the wall being the most high profile thing he ran on, if that falls way short of the mark and they grant amnesty to all the DACA kids, I think the Republicans can expect a lot of the swing voters to either flip, or stay home, and the Dems should have a really good chance at winning the house. 

"Democracy Drowns in Stupid."

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Looks like you've discounted all of the good that has happened so far and are hoping and feeling that you might get your desired outcome of the dems in power. Trump is a doer and is methodically working down his list. I'm a conservative and don't have a problem with allowing the dreamers to stay. I don't think they should be given citizenship and chain migration and the lottery can be tossed as well. If we get walls/fences where it makes sense and secure borders in other areas then I will be happy.

The best part of the Trump presidency is he's showing that he believes in the law and is more than willing to support the legislature in their legal rights. 

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Looks like you've discounted all of the good that has happened so far and are hoping and feeling that you might get your desired outcome of the dems in power. Trump is a doer and is methodically working down his list. I'm a conservative and don't have a problem with allowing the dreamers to stay. I don't think they should be given citizenship and chain migration and the lottery can be tossed as well. If we get walls/fences where it makes sense and secure borders in other areas then I will be happy.

The best part of the Trump presidency is he's showing that he believes in the law and is more than willing to support the legislature in their legal rights. 

OMG, you sure drank the cool aid! Law and order, while bashing the FBI? Getting things done? A tax cut, ok! I thought we were going to get the best health care? Mexico paying for the stupid wall? Ya right. He sits around eating big macs and yelling at the tv, what a doer! 

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Your original post began with this sentence:

" There should be a whole bunch of angry Trump supporters after today's video."

Wouldn't you think that after 24 hours, we'd be seeing story after story about pissed off Trump supporters?

My disagreement is with your assessment of Trump supporters, and the implication that they are a bunch of pissed-off, nationalist rednecks.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

OMG, you sure drank the cool aid! Law and order, while bashing the FBI? Getting things done? A tax cut, ok! I thought we were going to get the best health care? Mexico paying for the stupid wall? Ya right. He sits around eating big macs and yelling at the tv, what a doer! 

You offer a lot to work with there, but is there anyone anywhere who is paying attention that doesn't see why some factions within the FBI are getting justly criticized for their dirty political deeds since 2016?

40 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

You offer a lot to work with there, but is there anyone anywhere who is paying attention that doesn't see why some factions within the FBI are getting justly criticized for their dirty political deeds since 2016?

Examples? 

18 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Most Americans want amnesty for those in DACA.  Most want better border security.  If a deal is struck delivering both it would be a victory for Trump and our country.  The fringe right might not like it, but they're small in number.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Most Americans want amnesty for those in DACA.  Most want better border security.  If a deal is struck delivering both it would be a victory for Trump and our country.  The fringe right might not like it, but they're small in number.

Except the Democrats will claim it, the media will parrot them, and Trump will still br Hitler.