Rapoport: Sunday is "Likely" Tyrod Taylor's Last Regular Season Game as a Bill

26CornerBlitz

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Face it, Tyrod is our QB. He found a rhythm with a gimpy Benjamin in New England. Imagine if he had a dominant 6’6 TE & Zay Jones develops into a legit starter. Imagine if Dennison could design an offense around Russell Wilson aka Tyrod Taylor. The Bills needs are beyond the QB position. In fact Pererman, if I’m reading the tea leaves at TBD could be a decent starter/backup, rendering using our 1st round or worse trading and using multiple draft picks to draft a “sure fire” high round 1st a risk not worth taking. 

McDermott/Beane know the weaknesses of this team. They also know the risks of striking out on QB. If they can win 8 or 9 games with Tyrod behind a talent deprived roster, what can t they do with reserve talent?   

Sorry...but I’m tired of having one of the worst passing attacks year after year

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Take off the nostalgia goggles. Bridgewater was never close to Cousins and really performed mostly around Tyrod's level but without the rushing.

Yea, you're probably right.  I just remember that Bridgewater could throw and would throw.  Cousins will get $100 million contract.  For that kind of bucks, we would expect a SB in 3 years.  I would prefer him over any drafted QB.  Use those firsts for other needs.  Some would say that $100 million would limit us with other signings, but we just eliminated a $100 million contract.  I don't think we will get Cousins.  Bridgewater would fit our offense better than TT.  

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Yea, you're probably right.  I just remember that Bridgewater could throw and would throw.  Cousins will get $100 million contract.  For that kind of bucks, we would expect a SB in 3 years.  I would prefer him over any drafted QB.  Use those firsts for other needs.  Some would say that $100 million would limit us with other signings, but we just eliminated a $100 million contract.  I don't think we will get Cousins.  Bridgewater would fit our offense better than TT.  

Maybe Teddy would step it up, but at this point he's a guy who also averages ~200 yards per game with a bad TD%. It'd be all the same complaints imo. If we're going with a FA/Vet to start for a bit I think the options to pursue are Cousins, Smith, Keenum, or Bortles. If the vet is a safety net for our rookie then I don't really care who it is. Bradford, Bridgewater, McCown, Fitz, Hoyer, whatever.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Maybe Teddy would step it up, but at this point he's a guy who also averages ~200 yards per game with a bad TD%. It'd be all the same complaints imo. If we're going with a FA/Vet to start for a bit I think the options to pursue are Cousins, Smith, Keenum, or Bortles. If the vet is a safety net for our rookie then I don't really care who it is. Bradford, Bridgewater, McCown, Fitz, Hoyer, whatever.

Any of those those guys would be fine with me, Hokie.  I still say we use our firsts for MLB and DE.  Maybe a QB in second.

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Any of those those guys would be fine with me, Hokie.  I still say we use our firsts for MLB and DE.  Maybe a QB in second.

I think it'll be QB in the first (assuming there's one worth taking at our pick) and the other 1st will be LB only if Roquon Smith is there, otherwise it'll be a DL/EDGE player that can push the pocket or rush the passer.

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Why exactly would Cousins wanna come here???

Its an ideal situation for him, the team is coming off 8 or 9 wins. Brady is a year older and it looks like the run could be coming to end so the division is wide open. The team is loaded with draft picks and finally appears to have the right coach. And they can pay him. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Fong said:

So then what's the gameplan at QB if you cut Taylor? Why not keep him around and draft one. 

You can keep around a RB to mentor the new QB on how to not throw the ball if you want at a fraction of the price of Tyrod if thats the type of QB you want them to model their game after.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Fong said:

So then what's the gameplan at QB if you cut Taylor? Why not keep him around and draft one. 

According to Rapoport, the plan is to trade Taylor.  They must have a target via UFA/trade and hopefully they'll draft a QB to be the potential franchise guy. 

33 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

IBrady is a year older and it looks like the run could be coming to end so the division is wide open.

I’ve been hoping the same thing since 2010 or so... haha

Edited by RiotAct

I am perfectly fine with moving on from Tyrod. 

But... as I've always said, only if they are bringing in an upgrade. 

Im not sure how I'd feel if it was just Peterman and a rookie. 

Id just hate to see the Bills add a bunch of talent through the draft + free agency and then take a huge step back at QB. 

I want them to draft a guy in the 1st. But I'd like there to be a bridge QB. 

Id also be ok if they went after Kirk Cousins to fill the QB need. 

Or if they went after a different bridge QB like Alex Smith or Drew Brees or even Sam Bradford (if healthy). 

If they can't bring in another decent veteran QB then it seems smart to just keep Tyrod one more year instead of taking the $8.6M dead cap hit to move on from him. 

Im definitely wishing for some type of upgrade though. 

Conditional 6th.

Turns into a 5th if he starts more than ~12 games.

Turns into a 4th if he starts more than ~12 games and the team goes to the playoffs.

Turns into a 3rd if he starts more than ~12 games and the team goes to the Super Bowl with him starting all playoff games. 

I wonder if a team would go for something like that.

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think it'll be QB in the first (assuming there's one worth taking at our pick) and the other 1st will be LB only if Roquon Smith is there, otherwise it'll be a DL/EDGE player that can push the pocket or rush the passer.

I would trade up for a shot at Rosen or Darnold.  If not, if we somehow ended up with Mayfield and Smith in the first I would be thrilled.