[Vague Title]Take this for what it's worth.

njbuff

The Giants are believed to love Davis Webb and the Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio says they might wanna trade down cause they need a lot of help.

Now, the Bills are believed to be in love with Darnold.

Assuming all of the above is true...........

Are you willing to trade with the Giants?

I would do something like this.........,..

Both 2018 1st round picks, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and another pick or player of the Giants choosing.

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Also assuming Cleveland takes Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Who says we’re “in love” with Darnold?

There have been reports on that.

But like I said, I have no idea how accurate they are.

I'm not tied into the Bills at all like I am with the Devils.

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Giants are believed to love Davis Webb and the Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio says they might wanna trade down cause they need a lot of help.

Both 2018 1st round picks, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and another pick or player of the Giants choosing.

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Yes. Right now. Where do I sign? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Not sure I buy the premise about Davis Webb. If true, why wouldn't they have started him instead of Geno when they benched Eli?

But if it's true, I'd offer both firsts this year and a second besides. If they argued, I'd throw in a 3rd. That ought to be enough assuming we don't make the playoffs this year and get an even lower pick. Don't know if I'd give up what you're suggesting. I'd seriously consider it, though, if Darnold doesn't stay in school and if they love him.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

I would not. That's way too much to give up for a team that has holes at OL, DL, LB, WR.

Build a team...or I mean we could always end up like Indy the past couple of years. Have a franchise QB, and nothing else. Said franchise QB spends time in Europe during the season because he's hurt. 

46 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

The Rams seem to be doing ok for trading a bunch of picks.  

This one season, yes they are. Give it time. It's amazing how fast a team like that can fall flat. The Giants were in the playoffs last year. McAdoo was "amazing"...and is now unemployed.

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

I would be surprised if Cleveland took Rosen at this point given his public statements.  If Cleveland take Darnold instead and Rosen was available, would Rosen want to play in Buffalo?

I'd be more surprised if they didn't and flip him for another QB and picks...much like the Manning/Rivers trade.

The one thing we don't know quite yet is if these new scouts/GM are highlight junkies or actually possess the knowledge to properly evaluate the right QB? The last batch had no clue or they would have gone after Deshaun Watson.

I would rather see this regime build the team to fill the so many holes on the roster with those first six picks rather than package them all on one guy who may or may not develop under the current coaches, with the current roster. To me that would be a regime killer should the new rookie QB fail.

As of today, I don't have an opinion on who I want the Bills to draft at QB this upcoming draft. I keep reading about Mason Rudolph to Buffalo though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

As of today, I don't have an opinion on who I want the Bills to draft at QB this upcoming draft. I keep reading about Mason Rudolph to Buffalo though.

That's just the natural pick right now because he fits the system and is projected to go around the Bills' spot. 

So much will change during the off-season process.

I like what I've seen in real time from Rudolph, so as it stands, I like their chances to get a good QB without having to give up any picks. Then they can improve the O-line and front seven with some good picks, hopefully.

I really don't think the Giants are going to trade out of that spot. Their fans would riot. 

Webb & Mayfield both came up at Texas Tech (where I went to school), and were both in an awkward situation, transferred, then got replaced by Patrick Mahomes the following year. 

Mayfield showed promise, Webb looked like a system-only guy, and Mahomes was loaded with raw talent. It'll be interesting as a Tech Alumn to see these guys start in the NFL when for so long, the NFL avoided Texas Tech QB's like the plague. 

For the life of me I cannot see Davis Webb as a good NFL QB. Obviously, I could be wrong, but still... He really was a system guy through & through, and unless the Giants plan on running a college spread, I can't imagine how he'd be successful.