[Vague Title]Take this for what it's worth.

njbuff

I will say this, I am honestly thinking for the first real time that if they absolutely love one of the top guys that I would be OK with them parting with three first round draft picks to get him.

Will it set us back at other positions?  Definitely.  We need this though, you guys...oh, we need this so badly.

EDIT:  4-12 (1986) and 7-8 (1987) Jim Kelly were so much more exciting and meaningful than the last decade or so.  I know we had better foundation then, but still.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I am not sold on any QB in this upcoming draft to bet the house on. Darnold looks like he needs allot of work honestly. Rosen has a real stuck up attitude about things but shows he can make all the throws so you have to wonder if mentally he is all there. Allen is an interesting prospect but doesn't appear pro ready. Mayfield is a wild card to me because of his production being in the Big 12 and his height but, I like his competitive spirit he still needs to mature. Mason Rudolph has the size and numbers as well again Big 12 so * on that. Lamar Jackson is TT with more picks. I know every year the combine and workouts change the draft order dramatically and we could be looking at a completely different board. Right now I think we should sit tight at our spot and take best available QB instead of reaching for prima donnas or guys that need to sit for a year or more. I'm ok with a flyer on Mayfield or Rudolph if they are there and then filling in the rest of the gaps with all the picks we have acquired.

10 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I would be surprised if Cleveland took Rosen at this point given his public statements.  If Cleveland take Darnold instead and Rosen was available, would Rosen want to play in Buffalo?

I wouldn’t take Rosen even he didn’t say anything if I’m Cleveland. There are at least two other QBs who will translate much better into the NFL.

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Giants are believed to love Davis Webb and the Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio says they might wanna trade down cause they need a lot of help.

Now, the Bills are believed to be in love with Darnold.

Assuming all of the above is true...........

Are you willing to trade with the Giants?

I would do something like this.........,..

Both 2018 1st round picks, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and another pick or player of the Giants choosing.

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Also assuming Cleveland takes Rosen.

No way could I give up 3 firsts, a second in 2019, and another pick for an unproven QB.  

That is way too much.  

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills need an overhaul of the defensive front seven, a new right side of the OL and, of course, the QB.

The Bills have done it backwards for years.

Get the QB first and then worry about the rest.

Getting the QB at the right price is the key. I cannot believe McBeane would trade away multiple picks in '18 and '19 to move up from ~20th overall to top 2-3.

So much of the rumors and discussion right now are pure subterfuge. Everyone knows who everyone else is scouting. Every team knows who needs a QB and tries to wargame what other teams are going to do. Free Agency hasn't even started, which surely will affect draft boards, which also aren't even close to final yet.

I have no doubt McBeane know they need a QB and defensive improvements even before they've started their roster evaluation.

4 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Nothing? Both teams already had a really good defense. The Rams had a decent offensive line and Gurley (who could end up with MVP votes). The Eagles had an awesome oline. I would actually say both teams built up BEFORE landing a franchise QB. 

I don't care how great a guy "projects" into the NFL. The trade the OP suggests is just way too much. Look at where we grabbed White in the last draft. Should be roughly where the Chiefs pick falls. Can grab a solid guy there and another solid guy with our first pick. I'm not giving up the chance of 3 potential staters this year for one guy who "should" work out well.

They had no RBs.  They had no WRs.  They had no CBs and 1 safety.  Yes, they had a very talented DL, a pretty good OL and luckily for them they added Jim Schwartz when they drafted wentz.  The rams had a decent def see (with a very talented DL) and Gurley.  They had an AWFUL OL, zero weapons other than gurley and one of the worst HCs in an out of touch Fisher.

who are these “solid guys” we’re going to draft in the bottom half of the draft?  Mayfield and Jackson are very likely gone. Josh allen may be there if Darnold and Rosen come out.  We’re picking in back of almost every team that may need a QB.  If Darnold or Rosen stay in school, I bet we’re left with Mason Rudolph.  No thank you.  

I get why you wouldn’t want to trade all those picks but it’s the best idea IF the guy we take turns out to be a star.  Sure, we could get lucky and select the 5th-10th qb in the draft and have him turn out to be stud.  He would

more likely turn out to be TT or Nate Peterman.  If there’s a guy the FO loves, go get him.  Would love to snag the guys they like most without giving up picks, but I’d rather give up picks and get our guy as opposed to watching him dominate the league on another team.

12 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I would be surprised if Cleveland took Rosen at this point given his public statements.  If Cleveland take Darnold instead and Rosen was available, would Rosen want to play in Buffalo?

No. I guarantee you Rosen will whine like a little B if he has to play in Buffalo. I think Darnold would have no problem playing for the Bills.

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

No way i give up two first this year a first and second next year.   This team needs help across the OL, WR, LB and DT 

This team has had all of those simultaneously and no success. Why not try to get a successful QB? I mean its the one thing we haven't been successful at in 17 years.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

This team has had all of those simultaneously and no success. Why not try to get a successful QB? I mean its the one thing we haven't been successful at in 17 years.

They haven't had a stellar LB group or OL in a long, long time. 

A few years with very good DL and WRs. 

This team has a lot of holes. Trading away anything more than the two firsts to move up and get a guy they bet is the franchise QB this year makes no sense. In order, the Bills need to fill the following this season to take a big step ahead:

QB

ILB (draft)

RT (draft)

DL (draft)

OLB (draft/FA)

RG (draft/FA)

Of those, given where they pick and FAs, they can probably address everything but long term QB in one off-season. Picking in the 20s, the Bills should be able to grab an instant starter at LB and DL, and in the second, a starter at RT. 

QB will end up being someone like Bradford or Smith. This assumes they can fill depth at backup RB and keep some combo of the WRs together. 

I don't see the Bills finding the franchise QB this off-season. There's a reason there are so few franchise QBs--they are hard to come by. 

Edited by BeginnersMind