Best American City (Not NY or LA)???

Bakin

I’ve been all over the world and lived in a few different countries (lived in LA for more than a decade but now live in Canada). 

LA is my favourite city in America by far....

but I couldn’t pick a favourite outside of it. 

And I’ve been to 43 states. 

What’s yours??

This is a tough question because obviously there's going to be lots of different opinions but if I had to pick one city as I've been around much of North America my whole life I guess I'd have to pick I'm going to pick San Francisco I don't know what it is about that City I said it in another thread but it's just a very positive community and the atmosphere architecture the Golden Gate Bridge I just everything about how the city looks is extremely awesome and inspiring

It's impossible to live there now with the rent skyrocketing and it's not really what it was as far as the community 20 30 40 years ago but if I had to pick one I would say San Francisco

Honorable mention is west Virginia

One one the most beautiful down to.earth places ive been

15 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I lived on the Presidio of San Francisco for 10 years and San Fran is the most beautiful city in America.  My home was literally a couple hundred yards from multi-million dollar mansions.

Westerndecline is right, however.  It would be impossible to live there now with the traffic and the sky high prices.

Not to mention all the freaks and homeless people. Hard pass.

i still love boston.  so many great bars and restaurants.  tons of history and things to do.  great summer in the city.  people have just become too fixated on boston due to their sports and fans.  you take that out of the equation, and that city is a blast.  

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting answers. 

My wife asked me the question last night and I didn’t have an answer. 

I guess ‘favourite city’ Is a strange question because what does favourite really mean?  To live?  To visit?  For how long?

when I think favourite world city it’s a no brainer, Amsterdam...but most US cities, while amazing places, just don’t have the ‘favourite’ adjective that I would use to describe. 

San Fran - has some real natural beauty but I’m so turned off by the homelessness of the core and the fact that Union Station smells like a urinal that it overwhelms the good parts. Overpriced. Beyond belief. 

Vegas - it’s Vegas. An outrageous place that has a little bit of everything. Maybe I’ve been too many times that I’m jaded. 

Miami - cosmopolitan for sure. Amazing weather. Too many old people and douchebags. State tax situation is good though. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet. 

San Diego - pretty decent spot to visit and live. LA is way better but it’s a slower pace. Great golf and amazing weather. 

Chicago - great city!  Lower real estate prices. Crime. Cold.