[Vague Title]Gilleslee vs. Tolbert

Foreigner

I'd take Gilleslee in a fight because sometimes endurance comes into play. I don't know for sure that Tolbert is out of shape, but he probably would be catching his breath soon after the start.

I strongly considered selecting Tolbert because of his size, but then I realized that Tolbert mostly just runs straight at people which isn't a sound tactic. He could sit on TD Mike, but I don't want to ignore the fact that Mike is also a professional athlete, and I believe it might be hard to sit on a professional athlete if they're also fighting you.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Great post OP.  

Gotta love well constructed thereads that have multiple good points. Yea, Tolbert sucks. We know. Hot take.

Just now, fridge said:

I'd take Gilleslee in a fight because sometimes endurance comes into play. I don't know for sure that Tolbert is out of shape, but he probably would be catching his breath soon after the start.

I strongly considered selecting Tolbert because of his size, but then I realized that Tolbert mostly just runs straight at people which isn't a sound tactic. He could sit on TD Mike, but I don't want to ignore the fact that Mike is also a professional athlete, and I believe it might be hard to sit on a professional athlete if they're also fighting you.

Touchdown Mike?

his name should be healthy scratch Mike. Congrats to him for finding the field again, finally.

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

4 hours ago, Idandria said:

Gotta love well constructed thereads that have multiple good points. Yea, Tolbert sucks. We know. Hot take.

Touchdown Mike?

his name should be healthy scratch Mike. Congrats to him for finding the field again, finally.

He ran it in us yesterday. Love how Bills fans pretend ex players are bad. How any touchdowns does Gills have? FIVE. That's with being inactive for 6 games.

How many touchdowns do Tolbert AND Cadet have combined...? Give up? ONE.

Yet, here we are again watching 

ex Bills contribute to their new teams and make the playoffs...

3 hours ago, 87168 said:

He ran it in us yesterday. Love how Bills fans pretend ex players are bad. How any touchdowns does Gills have? FIVE. That's with being inactive for 6 games.

He had 28 yards rushing against us. He was inactive for 6 games cause he is their 4th string rb. He has nothing to do with them making the playoffs. 

The problem is we replaced him with a fat old fullback. 

12 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Maybe the title should have been Gilleslee vs. Tolbert, who is better. I thought everyone could

figure out the what the title meant, as I think most everyone on this thread knows the answer.

....Pro-Bowler versus non Pro-Bowler.....case closed...........

9 hours ago, 87168 said:

I like Gillislee but lets not pretend that the Bills would have won more games if he was on the team. A lot of his TD's this season are short yardage TD's. Most of those work because you have Brady and Gronk. Ex Bills are talented but it takes the right mix of scheme and players around them. 

In a sumo match?? well in that case its Tolbert hands down!! A Crisco eating contest? Tolbert once again dominates. Exploding for a 2 yard gain on a 2nd and 25?? Tolbert!!! Dropping a crucial slant route with the ball passed into his arms and ample torso? TOLBERT AGAIN!! Gilleslie would be so mentally crushed by this stage he would slink away tail between his legs and somehow try to comfort himself with no 1 seed in the playoffs.

Edited by Livinginthepast

7 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Paying over 3m for a BU RB when the cap space was tight was NOT going to happen

The OP left out this little, but very important detail. We already had one of the higher pay rolls when it came to the running back position. Would've been asinine to add more to that position all the while having very limited cap space. 

Edited by Captain Murica