DL and LB groups are more pressing need than QB

Dadonkadonk

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Who do you have in mind?

I honestly don't know. With both the Browns and Giants likely taking a QB, we won't get the top 2 , but from what I've read , especially if Darnold declares, there's probably 5 first rounders available.

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When you don't have a Franchise QB nothing is a more pressing need than finding one. Nothing. 

The D-line is the 2nd most pressing need I agree. And we are a bit talent deficient at the linebacker spots... but a good D-line can make average linebackers look a lot better. 

Again, look at the Niners as the prime example of what impact a good QB can have. They started out 0-9, with 5 of those losses by 3 points or less but have now won 5 of 6 with Garappalo, with the last 2 over Tennessee and Jacksonville.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No they don't, the defense is fine, we need one run stuffing Tackle and we will be elite. We held them down for 3 quarters but got worn down , offense needs to do there part.

Worn down?  They had near equal TOP prior to the last two minutes.  The Bills offense possessed the ball for long stretches of the game.

18 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Good QB makes everything else go away.  If we don’t find one, we’ll keep toiling away in mediocrity. Remember a couple years ago when we had the best D line in football? How’d that work out?

They started a rookie QB and wasted a great defense. That is how that turned out.

If we select a qb in the first round, we will unfortunately need to concentrate on the O-line with our remaining higher picks. we need to Support him and will have to worry about the defence next year. Lets just get this kid through the year safe. 

The benefit will be he will do all right on offence, which will boost his confidence, and yet will have a high draft pick the following year, due to our bad defence. 

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

so because 4 games exist with garrpoloplol playing QB he's amazing?

the bills have a ton of needs across the team, including WR and OL

but the LB's are terrible - not a single one of them is NFL calibre.  and our DL is in shambles - Dareus wouldn't have made much of a difference

If he stayed with the pats after Brady retired and did great I probably would have thought he's in a great system with belchick.  But he was traded to a BAD team, new offense, new coach new play book and is performing VERY WELL. He might or might not turn out to be another Brady.  But holy ****.  Tyrod sat behind Flacco for 5 yrs and started 3 yrs with NO improvment.

This Experiment Is Over. 

I know there is needs on this team, but just insert a jimmy with us with! 

No one on here and no one in the NFL let alone McBean knows if any of the QB;s that will enter the draft will be any good.  They are all flawed.  

That doesn't mean you don't draft one if they can't upgrade QB in FA.  But it also means none of them are worth trading up in the draft.  

The Bills got DROY and an extra pick moving down.  You can't bet the next three years on a single pick when most are busts.

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

No one on here and no one in the NFL let alone McBean knows if any of the QB;s that will enter the draft will be any good.  They are all flawed.  

That doesn't mean you don't draft one if they can't upgrade QB in FA.  But it also means none of them are worth trading up in the draft.  

The Bills got DROY and an extra pick moving down.  You can't bet the next three years on a single pick when most are busts.

Great philosophy there. It might not work so why try?

2 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Yeah... Like when we went to the moon... We never should have tried going cause we might have failed.... BLAH - BLAH - BLAH...

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Everyone on this board is screaming about the QB.  Six straight scoring drives by the Patriots.  37 points.  The DL is far far worse than last year and the LBs are terrible.  They need a near complete overhaul of the front seven.  Outside of Lawson, Milano, and maybe Hughes, the remaining front 7 needs to be replaced.  That is the entire core of the defense - two DTs and a MLB along with an OLB.

You want to move on from TT, then get a QB in FA.

They need the entire draft to fix the defense.

And that doesn't even address back-up RB, starting TE, and the OT spot if Glenn can't get healthy.

Yes, get a FA QB.

Maybe Brian Hoyer will be available? RG III?

The sky is the limit.

Cripes what a dumb thread.

Time will tell , with our new scouting dept. ,Beane and McD.they should be able , with all of our draft choices, get a some of our needs and free agency will help. possibly a trade or two in the mix. The QB position is the nut that has to be cracked. i see were Rosen said he will not go to the Browns. He will go to the Giants. I wonder about the Bill.s. I have read that he is about the only prospect that is """ready". The rest of the QB's are a crapshoot and we might as well wait until our pick in the draft to take one .