Should Al Riveron be investigated?

ny33

35 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

The idea is to have one standard. So you dont have a ref in one stadium call it different in another.

Hockey does the same thing. All replays go through Toronto.

Which is great in theory, until that individual is in the pocket of one owner and destroys the integrity of the league.

44 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Which is great in theory, until that individual is in the pocket of one owner and destroys the integrity of the league.

Well to be fair. They did get the call right. Even though replay wasnt meant to be used that way. Its the same when they ofer turn a goal in hockey for offsides or when replay show the runners hand slightly off second base after a steal.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Well to be fair. They did get the call right. Even though replay wasnt meant to be used that way. Its the same when they ofer turn a goal in hockey for offsides or when replay show the runners hand slightly off second base after a steal.

The point is, he overturned a call that had inconclusive evidence to over turn. He over stepped his authority and changed a call on the field that should have remained. He has now done it enough times to question his motives.

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The point is, he overturned a call that had inconclusive evidence to over turn. He over stepped his authority and changed a call on the field that should have remained. He has now done it enough times to question his motives.

I believe  they changed the replay over the offseason. All replays go through the league  office with the replay official in charge making the final decision.  

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I believe  they changed the replay over the offseason. All replays go through the league  office with the replay official in charge making the final decision.  

Agreed, but they are not supposed to change the call unless there is irrefutable evidence. And that was not the case on this touchdown as well as several other ones that I am aware of this season. He is changing calls without having enough evidence to do it and that is beyond the intent of the role.

I am bothered by it because of the Benjamin TD but it goes beyond that. Riveron is being given too much power and appears to be abusing it.

I think Bills fans should start a petition demanding an investigation into Al Riveron.

His explanation on why the call was reversed is a total horse ****. 

This guy needs to be investigated immediately. 

Edited by Klaista2k

You guys know that the owners split the revenue evenly, right?

So if the "NFL" is doing good, ALL the owners are sharing in that. The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. Do you think they totally leave the outcomes to chance?? Hell no. They want their superstars in the spotlight as often as possible and will massage outcomes wherever necessary to insure maximum viewership and entertainment.

You love Brady or you (more likely) hate him, but either way your tuning in and praying he loses terribly.

Just like any entertainment league (NBA, NHL, NFL etc) the super stars are taken care of and the dynastys get all the breaks.

A Jets fan actually sued the NFL over this. His case was that he bought a ticket to a sporting event and intended to watch a fair contest.

Went all the way through the courts and the NFL argued that in fact it's entertainment, not sports, And his ticket only guaranteed him entrance to the stadium for entertainment purposes, not a fair contest. NFL even argued they could decide the outcomes if they wanted too.

Judge agreed, and dismissed that suit.

I mean come on the saints winning a SUPERBOWL after Katrina, the harbaugh bowl... manning getting another ring on his way out the door. The patriots Dynasty.

It's clear to me that I'm watching the WWE.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, ny33 said:

I don't know the protocol for how the Bills would start something along these lines, but the call from New York today was inexcusable. In addition to the numerous members of the national media, including Peter King, deeming the reversal wrong, PFT's Michael Smith said, "Al Riveron has taken it upon himself to change the standard for what constitutes enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. He routinely changes calls when there simply isn't indisputable, clear, and obvious evidence that the call on the field was wrong." 

He should be fired.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:12 PM, ny33 said:

It would almost certainly be against NFL rules for the Bills to pay private investigators to see if he has ties to gambling or anything along those lines. 

I didn't know that was a rule, but it makes sense.  Walt Coleman should have been behind bars years ago.

Hell yes he should be investigated, so should Kraft. This is an article before the Bills game last Sunday. Now add the Benjamin TD that was taken away, and one would have to think that he was involved in the 4th down fiasco.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

This guy should be terminated.

Was he watching on an old iPhone or something? It was an obvious good call on the field,you could see the line in the turf where Benjamin dragged his foot AFTER possession.

There is either one of two things happening here. He’s doing this to get the catch rule changed at the expense of other teams or he has a complete bias towards New England. Most of his bad calls have been with NE as the positive recipient of the call.

This guy is about as qualified as Dean Blandino was. Being a referee doesn’t make your judgement any better.

This screams favoritism. He needs to be investigated before he ruins a playoff game,unless his calls are a hush hush agreement with the NFL. Then they all need to be terminated.

Rant over.

20 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Al Riveron- This is what happens when you hire a minority to have more diversity rather than hire the most qualified candidate.

U said tht not me....

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

This guy should be terminated.

Was he watching on an old iPhone or something? It was an obvious good call on the field,you could see the line in the turf where Benjamin dragged his foot AFTER possession.

There is either one of two things happening here. He’s doing this to get the catch rule changed at the expense of other teams or he has a complete bias towards New England. Most of his bad calls have been with NE as the positive recipient of the call.

This guy is about as qualified as Dean Blandino was. Being a referee doesn’t make your judgement any better.

This screams favoritism. He needs to be investigated before he ruins a playoff game,unless his calls are a hush hush agreement with the NFL. Then they all need to be terminated.

Rant over.

The only way you end this ridiculous Dynasty is you take it away much like the bad boy Pistons in the late 80s where's the Celtics and just like the early 80s 49ers first the Cowboys in 81

How bad do you want to win how bad do you want to be a champion and how far are you willing to push the envelope on the rules to win a championship

The 80s pistons vs the celtics was literally a dog fight.

The pistons basically took over by pure force

That's what Buffalo will eventually have to do to get this Patriots monkey off their back

Me personally

If we played the cheats in the playoffs

I'm personally going to try and injure Brady

The NFL would hate Buffalo people with talk all kinds of s*** but like I said how bad you want to win a championship

Go to 6:15