[Misleading Title]Chargers QB benching

Bing Bong

Decision to start Peterman at Chargers, a good one?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have started the Chargers game?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everyone does realize that we are debating whether or not a guy that has completed 49% of his career passes to his guys and 10.2% of his career passes to the defense should have started an NFL game? Of course not!! The Bills got destroyed for the decision, before, during and after. It was obviously deserved.

At the same time we cannot change it now. What’s done is done. There is no need to discuss that. What’s the goal? To tell a bunch of people, “I told you so?” We all want what’s best for the Bills and these next 2 weeks will tell the story.

We all can’t agree on what’s best for the Bills.

50+% of us don’t think it’s TT.

What If TT becomes a real QB and pulls off a 4 TD, 300+ yards performance for a victory over NE?

The CoT would be screaming “I told you so”

and we might get this albatross around our neck for another season.

I didn’t need to see one more game with him as QB 14 games ago and I wasn’t alone.

I certainly don’t need 2 more games to learn anything about this team.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that anyone believes Peterman should have started. It was a mistake. At the same time there’s no reason to rehash it on the verge of a huge couple of weeks. Let’s move forward and focus on what needs to happen to get into the playoffs.

check poll above - revisit your assumptions

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

The obvious is your man crush for TT. 

Yeah stating that he's the best QB on the team is a man crush.  You got nothing but silliness.  March 2017. :doh:

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Just another example of your superior knowledge and insight.:worthy:

Someone needs attention.  Aww. Go play with your inaugural balls. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The only one who's thick here is you.  Somehow a statement of the obvious equates to a man crush.  

All Petered Out on Threads about Not Ready Nate.  Sure doesn’t seem as I feel you’re all Petered out.  There are many statements made on both sides of the argument that have validity.  Peterman threw 5 picks in one half.  That proves McD made the wrong decision?  Tyrod is one of the worst passing starting QBs in the league (league low passing yards suggest he may even be the worst). He hasn’t been capable of leading THIS offense effectively.  That proves they made the right decision?  

Both sides have their arguements and neither neither is right or wrong imo, just a matter of opinion.  I must say, reading most of your posts regarding the situation since it went down weeks ago, I believe that you either A) have a man crush on TT, or B) were a running qb that couldn’t read defenses quickly enough and were benched for it. 

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The Chargers coaching decision debate has come back again now that it has become relevant in playoffs. Again I am fighting the ludicrous notion that Peterman should have started. Please give me your honest opinion, as I'd like to know if I am in the minority and stop this crusade. And I sincerely apologize if I harp on it too much, I believe my "opinion" is fact and love to argue as such. :)

We would have lost no matter who was starting so don't see why we are even talking about this?

Should be talking about our wasted opportunities against Carolina and the Bengals

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah stating that he's the best QB on the team is a man crush.  You got nothing but silliness.  March 2017. :doh:

I pay you a compliment this holiday season and you come across like a woman scorned?!?!?

Tisk tisk....

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

All Petered Out on Threads about Not Ready Nate.  Sure doesn’t seem as I feel you’re all Petered out.  There are many statements made on both sides of the argument that have validity.  Peterman threw 5 picks in one half.  That proves McD made the wrong decision?  Tyrod is one of the worst passing starting QBs in the league (league low passing yards suggest he may even be the worst). He hasn’t been capable of leading THIS offense effectively.  That proves they made the right decision?  

Both sides have their arguements and neither neither is right or wrong imo, just a matter of opinion.  I must say, reading most of your posts regarding the situation since it went down weeks ago, I believe that you either A) have a man crush on TT, or B) were a running qb that couldn’t read defenses quickly enough and were benched for it. 

C) A recognition that he's the best QB on the 2017 Buffalo Bills.  Some of you hear or see what you want. 

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I pay you a compliment this holiday season and you come across like a woman scorned?!?!?

Tisk tisk....

Go troll elsewhere IB. 

7 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Some is an understatement and the only reason he has those so called “plays” is because he is holding onto the ball too long and not throwing it like a QB does.....I will go 75% of his BIG plays are because he could not see the field as a QB and ran a lot.

The Taylor-lead Bills lead the NFL in big plays in 2015 and 2016 and scored a lot. :thumbsup: 

Taylor and McCoy have seen big dropoffs in per play production with this coaching staff..........McCoy is actually rushing for LESS than league average per carry.

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

C) A recognition that he's the best QB on the 2017 Buffalo Bills.  Some of you hear or see what you want. 

And you knew that by watching Peterman stand on the sideline all season?  He was an unknown.  I realize that you know your football and I really enjoy your posts and I appreciate your link and time invested to make this a better place (you really do make this a better place and I thank you for that)..... but the head coach, the guy that coaches these guys day in day out made a decision to see if the unknown was a better option.  TT was not an unknown.  It’s been known that he’s not a good fit for this offense.  The team was STRUGGLING.  Our defense was getting destroyed and we couldn’t move the chains or score on O.  We were playing a tough D on the road, but StubHub stadium and Charger fans are lame which equated to zero home field advantage,  The next game was the chiefs in arrowhead (one of the toughest places to win) followed by the Pats.  If there was a game he was to see what he has in Peterman, the chargers game was ideal.  He wasn’t going to start him in arrowhead or vs Brady.  At that point, we had lost 2 games in a row and our offense was putrid (under 70 yards passing going into the 4th qtr at home in a blowout).  Staying course with TT at that point, to me, would’ve been throwing in the towel on the season.  Holding player accountable would be a farce.  TT was held accountable.

all this coming from someone who really likes TT.  He has all the physical tools (minus height), can make plays other QBs cannot make and is a good person.  The eyeball test is all that matters in my world.  My eyeballs tell me that he’s not a good starting qb and that we need to replace him,  Peterman looked good in the preseason (and in college).  Many prognosticators suggested he was the most nfl ready qb in the draft.  Why would they not give him a try?  They didn’t know the OL wouldn’t pass block for Peterman (as evidenced by both our RT and LT letting bosa run in untouched).  They didn’t know dimarco would give the other team the ball.  They didn’t know the defense would only stop the chargers twice all game.  The did know that Tyrod can’t run the offense they want to run and that he is what he is after several years in the league.  Peterman was an unknown, which was better than TT for a week.  It didn’t work out.

How did Peterman perform vs the colts?  

• Like (+1) 2

TT is a good QB.  Our OC is not a good OC.  Put the blame where it belongs.  TT is fun to watch.  Why do you think we are in the playoff hunt?  Luck?  OC making good calls?  "D"  Yup you got it.  Our DC has been great with the personal he has.  TT has been great with no good receivers.  

I believe that the Tyrod fans are seriously myopic because we have been almost 3 years with Tyrod and the end is near. The person who started this thread does not admit that three of Peterman's picks were caused teammates errors. Peterman was picked by the people in charge now, and fits the process. He has the better part of a year in the NFL and he is not a rookie anymore. The doubters do not mention the Colts game,  when the two passes to Benjamin were on the money. I would believe that Peterman is going to be our starter next year , with a seasoned backup.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And you knew that by watching Peterman stand on the sideline all season?  He was an unknown.  I realize that you know your football and I really enjoy your posts and I appreciate your link and time invested to make this a better place (you really do make this a better place and I thank you for that)..... but the head coach, the guy that coaches these guys day in day out made a decision to see if the unknown was a better option.  TT was not an unknown.  It’s been known that he’s not a good fit for this offense.  The team was STRUGGLING.  Our defense was getting destroyed and we couldn’t move the chains or score on O.  We were playing a tough D on the road, but StubHub stadium and Charger fans are lame which equated to zero home field advantage,  The next game was the chiefs in arrowhead (one of the toughest places to win) followed by the Pats.  If there was a game he was to see what he has in Peterman, the chargers game was ideal.  He wasn’t going to start him in arrowhead or vs Brady.  At that point, we had lost 2 games in a row and our offense was putrid (under 70 yards passing going into the 4th qtr at home in a blowout).  Staying course with TT at that point, to me, would’ve been throwing in the towel on the season.  Holding player accountable would be a farce.  TT was held accountable.

all this coming from someone who really likes TT.  He has all the physical tools (minus height), can make plays other QBs cannot make and is a good person.  The eyeball test is all that matters in my world.  My eyeballs tell me that he’s not a good starting qb and that we need to replace him,  Peterman looked good in the preseason (and in college).  Many prognosticators suggested he was the most nfl ready qb in the draft.  Why would they not give him a try?  They didn’t know the OL wouldn’t pass block for Peterman (as evidenced by both our RT and LT letting bosa run in untouched).  They didn’t know dimarco would give the other team the ball.  They didn’t know the defense would only stop the chargers twice all game.  The did know that Tyrod can’t run the offense they want to run and that he is what he is after several years in the league.  Peterman was an unknown, which was better than TT for a week.  It didn’t work out.

How did Peterman perform vs the colts?  

Peterman was not an unknown.  Based on watching his college career and what I saw in preseason, I said he was a project with long term backup potential.  He does not impress me at all as the Bills' potential future starting for a number of reasons.  Putting him in against the Chargers was among the worst decisions I have ever seen a Bills' HC make. 

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Taylor-lead Bills lead the NFL in big plays in 2015 and 2016 and scored a lot. :thumbsup: 

Taylor and McCoy have seen big dropoffs in per play production with this coaching staff..........McCoy is actually rushing for LESS than league average per carry.

They also had the Number 1, or just about, rushing attack. This year, no rush=no big plays because we have a RB playing QB. And when the run game suffers, there is NO passing attack, period. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You dont know that, just because he is starting means nothing according to your stance on how dumb the coaches are. Peterman, hell even webb, could put up better numbers, and yes more ints, then TT.  And stop acting like you are a football czar, if you were you wouldnt be here. 

• Like (+1) 1