Belichick sabotaging Pats future?

Gate To Wire

I couldnt find discussion of this but apologize if I missed something. Colin Cowherd had an intriguing take today on Pats trading Garappalo for a song and Brissett as well. 

Albert Breer told him this week Pats LOVED Jimmy G. Niners GM Lynch backed that up yesterday. So why dump him after Pats groomed him? Colin's theory is that when Kraft nixed Brady trade, choosing his 40 yr old QB over his coach, Belichick kind of lost it. Have to admit Jimmy G trade VERY unBelichick.

Add in Brady guru getting kicked out and it seems there is some discord in Foxborough. Not a bad week for it, eh? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gate To Wire said:

I couldnt find discussion of this but apologize if I missed something. Colin Cowherd had an intriguing take today on Pats trading Garappalo for a song and Brissett as well. 

Albert Breer told him this week Pats LOVED Jimmy G. Niners GM Lynch backed that up yesterday. So why dump him after Pats groomed him? Colin's theory is that when Kraft nixed Brady trade, choosing his 40 yr old QB over his coach, Belichick kind of lost it. Have to admit Jimmy G trade VERY unBelichick.

Add in Brady guru getting kicked out and it seems there is some discord in Foxborough. Not a bad week for it, eh? 

The word is that Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G as the future NE QB which would have been an excellent decision IMO.  Good for Buffalo that it did not come to fruition. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Gate To Wire said:

Yes that is a rumor. But the fact is they tried to reach a two year bridge deal with him and it never happened so they traded him for a high 2nd instead of getting nothing when he walked in FA. It was very BB like.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes that is a rumor. But the fact is they tried to reach a two year bridge deal with him and it never happened so they traded him for a high 2nd instead of getting nothing when he walked in FA. It was very BB like.

They should have taken the first that Cleveland offered. That was a mistake for the Pats.

I don’t think BB is sabotaging them but it has become a bit of a measuring contest between he and Brady. They both threw their little wieners on the table to see whose was less embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They should have taken the first that Cleveland offered. That was a mistake for the Pats.

I don’t think BB is sabotaging them but it has become a bit of a measuring contest between he and Brady. They both threw their little wieners on the table to see whose was less embarrassing.

They were still in negotiations with Jimmy G at that time but they fell threw. I also don't think he wanted to send him to QB hell that is Cleveland.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They were still in negotiations with Jimmy G at that time but they fell threw. I also don't think he wanted to send him to QB hell that is Cleveland.

Maybe not, but a top 5 pick would have done wonders for them. They could have traded it for 2 1sts or taken Chubb. With 2 1sts they could have walked out with something like Landry and Guice. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe not, but a top 5 pick would have done wonders for them. They could have traded it for 2 1sts or taken Chubb. With 2 1sts they could have walked out with something like Landry and Guice. 

Maybe BB is showing compassion in his old age ?. I am glad for Jimmy G that they didn't send him to Cleveland, in SF we will see if he is the QB I THINK he can be or not. All Cleveland done is killed another QBs career.

• Like (+1) 1

I found it odd as well that they traded Garappalo after reportedly turning down better offers in the offseason.  Maybe wanted to wait to make sure Brady's arm didn't decline like NORMAL quarterbacks at his age.  Maybe Belichick is cocky enough to think he can find a QB diamond in the rough in the draft this year.  Who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I found it odd as well that they traded Garappalo after reportedly turning down better offers in the offseason.  Maybe wanted to wait to make sure Brady's arm didn't decline like NORMAL quarterbacks at his age.  Maybe Belichick is cocky enough to think he can find a QB diamond in the rough in the draft this year.  Who knows.

I'm sure they have a 6th round pick earmarked for the future.

43 minutes ago, Gate To Wire said:

The correct term is unbelichickian. 

Would love to see the wheels fall off that wagon but it isn't something I'm holding my breath for.

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He was just clearing the deck for when the Bills release Tyrod Taylor this off-season.

HAHA.....now wouldnt that be something......Billicheat grabs Taylor after he's released and.........nope not going to continue.....the backlash on this board would be too much......

1 minute ago, JPP said:

HAHA.....now wouldnt that be something......Billicheat grabs Taylor after he's released and.........nope not going to continue.....the backlash on this board would be too much......

If Bellicheat can win a super bowl with tyrod at QB I will refer to him as the goat. But until then he's just a really good coach for the Patriots*