Belichick sabotaging Pats future?

Gate To Wire

On 12/22/2017 at 11:28 PM, Da webster guy said:

Jimmy G is completely unproven.   Lets see how he does when NFL defenses get some decent film on the guy, I'll tell you right now the odds are strongly in favor of him being no better than average if he's lucky.

P.s.  belichicks trades usually suck, look at seymour and more recently chandler jones.   

I wouldn’t say that his trades suck when he continues to win titles. Ultimately, that’s what everything is about. If your team is a winner, it doesn’t really matter when the guys you trade have success elsewhere. 

On 12/23/2017 at 10:01 AM, JaCrispy said:

The fail is strong with this post :P

Jimmy G will prove he is a special talent imo...I believe he is now 5-0 in games played in his career

Like RG3, kap, flutie, etc.   Like I said, coming out strong doesnt mean you're the real deal.  

On 12/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I wouldn’t say that his trades suck when he continues to win titles. Ultimately, that’s what everything is about. If your team is a winner, it doesn’t really matter when the guys you trade have success elsewhere. 

Unless your defense is poor and you're trying to win a superbowl with a weak pass rush and the guy you gave up is leading the NFL in sacks, hurries and qb hits.   Yeah it was a bad trade, so was Seymour.  

51 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Unless your defense is poor and you're trying to win a superbowl with a weak pass rush and the guy you gave up is leading the NFL in sacks, hurries and qb hits.   Yeah it was a bad trade, so was Seymour.  

Yet, they've won 2 of the last 3 SBs...and have a good chance of winning it again this year.....I wish the Bills would make " bad " trades like that...

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, JaCrispy said:

The fail is strong with this post :P

Jimmy G will prove he is a special talent imo...I believe he is now 5-0 in games played in his career

Make that 6-0 brother after Sunday.  I have watched SF games the last 2 weeks.  This may sound as blasphemy but Jimmy G honestly reminds me of Joe Montana.  Making quick reads, hitting crossing patterns in stride so the receiver can turn up field.  Bills nation honestly should be thanking their lucky stars that the Patriots apparently panicked & traded away JG.  I know we have heard this before but folks, Brady is 40, he is not going to be able to play forever.  One or two more years of putting up with this crap is my guess.  Then Brady is done.

So much illogical thinking in this thread - on both sides IMO

Did Belichek think/entertain the idea of trading Brady and moving forward with Jimmy G?

It would be totally against his MO and the history of other great QBs in the history of the NFL to think he didn't entertain the idea. Not that he "shopped" him to other teams, but that internally he had given some thought to the idea.

Did he ultimately come to the conclusion on his own that he couldn't trade Brady?

Probably. Despite the stigma that Belichek trades players early, Brady is in a category to himself with regards to players. Yes, that includes very good players that he moved on from early like Milloy, Seymour, Law, Mankins, Moss, Collins, Jones, et al. Not the same IMO

Did Kraft probably let Belichek know that he can't trade Brady without specifically walking into to his office and say, "no?"

Yes, I think so.

One major factor that I think is not getting any discussion is the fact that Brady and Jimmy G share the same agent. How can he negotiate a bridge deal with NE for Jimmy G if he knows that Brady isn't going anywhere. Would not be fair to both his clients. How can Belichek trade Jimmy G off to CLE and their dysfunction and then expect a easy negotiation on a Brady extension?

I think the most likely scenario is:

-NE wants Jimmy G on a short term deal as insurance if Brady physically falls off a cliff. His agent says sure- for starter money. He can't in good faith negotiate an under market value contract for Jimmy G, a pending UFA, unless Jimmy G wants to. He's 26. Its now or never to get that great contract.

-NE takes offers. Cleveland offers a 2nd +(which we now know) and that deal doesn't happen. Other teams make offers including SF. Does Belichek have too much respect for Jimmy G to send him to CLE? Maybe. Does he not trade him at the draft because he wants to see what a 40yr old Brady looks like? Much more likely IMO. We already know he doesn't really but into the Guerrero/TB12 health stuff. Not a stretch to think he is just waiting for Brady to fall off a cliff.

-Season starts. Brady looks great. MVP season tier. Kraft says let's start on a Brady extension/restructure. Belichek, although he may not completely agree, goes "yes, let's do it." They go back to SF deal because he knows Shanahan, they are NFC, and wants Jimmy G to be successful to further the mystique of NE to help lure UFAs/influence signings/etc.

No conspiracy. No masterplan. No ego fueds.

Just logic.