John Murphy Scolds Bills Fans For Being "Negative"

BuffaloRush

On my drive home today I turned on The John Murphy Show.  Toward the end of the first hour - which you can find lined to below, a called from LA asked if Bills fans were too negative.  This prompted John Murphy, Donald Jones, and this caller (who was actually very charismatic) to basically scold the Bills fans that have been critical of the team.  It's actually an interesting listen.

With that being said, as a Bills fan for nearly 30 year I get the negativity.  I don't think Bills fans are any more negative than fans would be in sports towns that have not been successful for 2 decades.  I can definitely see how the heavy criticism could be viewed as pessimism, but you also have to take into account the events that have transpired over the past two decades.  So I totally understand why fans and the media can be hard on the franchise.  The Bills have done little to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway you can hear the 10 minute clip below.  I have it cued up at the spot where the caller starts the conversation so you can hear for yourself, but if it doesn't work skip the 31:58 mark

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/12-20-john-murphy-show-hr-1-0?seek=1918.20

Negative?!?!

Haven't made playoffs in 17 frickin years.  Last time we were in the playoffs, we were screwed by the refs.  Had a chance to go to the playoffs versus backups and lost.  Started off hot how many times just to be disappointed. 

Yet the stadium still sells out, sit through a foot of snow and had one of the highest TV ratings in years. 

Negative is a defamatory term, and that is not something Bills fans should be called.

23 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

John Murphy can be extremely annoying at times.  I love when someone says "Billsy" and he has a meltdown.  

He gets extremely triggered by that term, and basically wants answers as to why it's even a term. I started to find John Murphy, and Donald too positive, and never critical of the team when it's deemed necessary, imo. But, then again I find Jeremy White is often to cynical for my taste, and negative. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Murphy hates the term “Billsy” as well.

So do we all. And we all wish it was not a valid term that is used so often.

10 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

If your a true Bills fan and your not enjoying this year something is wrong with you?TRUST THE PROCESS and enjoy the ride . Good times are in the way ????

"in the way" lol

love that Freudian type slip.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 2

If the Bills can take a big win on Sunday all the negativity will evaporate. The fact that we're going in to week 16 on the cusp of the playoffs and no one's even excited because we just assume a loss to the Pats is a testament to just how Billsy this team has been in this century.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the thing that Murph gets annoyed about are the fans that say winning these games is hurting the bills draft position, and I get annoyed by it to. We have a team that's very much alive in the playoff race and there is fans who'd rather lose to improve our draft spot. It gets rather annoying year after year just hoping for a good draft pick. Screw that. Win these next 2 games 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 2