How should the team respond to Gronk?

Magox

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Haha dirty teams will be dirty teams.  How many times has the Bengals and the Steelers traded blows and gotten penalties and suspensions as a result?  It hasn't stopped them from continuing to hurt each other.  Why "hurt him as revenge" when all it is going to do is get us a penalty and maybe a suspension?  Sounds dumb to me

but we arent the bengals and steelers, that is a two team dirty rivalry...we are a whipping boy, and revenge can help end that. Enough is enough. I am tired of watching a bunch of pansy asses get walked all over in every aspect. I know our team will take the "smart" route and not retaliate, I am just answering the OPs question about what I THINK we should do

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

but we arent the bengals and steelers, that is a two team dirty rivalry...we are a whipping boy, and revenge can help end that. Enough is enough. I am tired of watching a bunch of pansy asses get walked all over in every aspect. I know our team will take the "smart" route and not retaliate, I am just answering the OPs question about what I THINK we should do

If we retaliate though, why wouldn't they retaliate back and then the cycle continues just like it does with the Steelers and Bengals. If we were winning, I'm sure fans wouldn't be as disgusted that we take the classy smart way instead the low road.  

If we retaliate though, why wouldn't they retaliate back and then the cycle continues just like it does with the Steelers and Bengals. If we were winning, I'm sure fans wouldn't be as disgusted that we take the classy smart way instead the low road.  

great point, but only one way to find out

also you are right, if we were winning some fans might not be as disgusted...but personally what Gronk did is as low as low can be in the game of football, and since the NFL didn't do any justice, vigilante justice should be on the table...

• Like (+1) 2

great point, but only one way to find out

also you are right, if we were winning some fans might not be as disgusted...but personally what Gronk did is as low as low can be in the game of football, and since the NFL didn't do any justice, vigilante justice should be on the table...

I just disagree with stooping to their level. Not saying we can't hit them hard with clean legal hits but there is no need to cheap shot anyone.  

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I just disagree with stooping to their level. Not saying we can't hit them hard with clean legal hits but there is no need to cheap shot anyone.  

yup, we can disagree, thats OK. I would love a nice cheap shot...helmet to his back or knee that ends his F'ing career. Let the suspensions and fines fly. Ends the Pats super bowl chances, (maybe even taking him out of the game real early allows us even a snowballs chance in hell at winning this game haha) and I will drink and be merry on Christmas! 

edit: I should add, if we can legally hit him and end his career at the same time, then I am all for that! 

Edited by PaattMaann

yup, we can disagree, thats OK. I would love a nice cheap shot...helmet to his back or knee that ends his F'ing career. Let the suspensions and fines fly. Ends the Pats super bowl chances, (maybe even taking him out of the game real early allows us even a snowballs chance in hell at winning this game haha) and I will drink and be merry on Christmas! 

I know we get emotional as fans and want the Bills to win/Pats to lose and also want payback for the hit on white.

But at the end of the day Gronk still has a family and he's a human being.

What he did to white was 100 percent wrong. That really pissed me off.  But the last thing I want to see is a cheap shot to end an athletes careeer.

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I have no problem with disagreeing having a nice conversation but the fact that fans root for players to get hurt turns my stomach.  These guys work all of their lives to get to this stage.  It's just a game, injuring someone on purpose is not what the game of football is about to me.  Like I said, I would be very displeased if we stoop to that level

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I know we get emotional as fans and want the Bills to win/Pats to lose and also want payback for the hit on white.

But at the end of the day Gronk still has a family and he's a human being.

What he did to white was 100 percent wrong. That really pissed me off.  But the last thing I want to see is a cheap shot to end an athletes careeer.

I wish this was the opinion of every fan and player.  Respect

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have no problem with disagreeing having a nice conversation but the fact that fans root for players to get hurt turns my stomach.  These guys work all of their lives to get to this stage.  It's just a game, injuring someone on purpose is not what the game of football is about to me.  Like I said, I would be very displeased if we stoop to that level

Did you see what Gronk did to our best defensive player? You're OK with that? One game suspension was a joke. This isn't like a little kid got beat up on the playground and went home so his mommy could give him ice cream and make it OK.

There is no room at all ever for wishing injury on another player.

I can't beleive some here even consider it an option.

Those who are suggesting a cheap shot are right up there with the drunk table jumper staples in the head meathead or the I'm on fire guy

1 hour ago, davspo said:

Really no question here.  Any team with a set of ba;;;s would simply take him out.  His hit was beyond offensive and his penalty, or lack thereof, is even more offensive.  Really have no shot at winning the game, so you might as well at least show them that you mean business. 

that's just plain stupid.

5 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Did you see what Gronk did to our best defensive player? You're OK with that? One game suspension was a joke. This isn't like a little kid got beat up on the playground and went home so his mommy could give him ice cream and make it OK.

No I'm not okay with it.  I want our team to go out there and play hard and hit them hard but in a clean way.  Why intentionally try to hurt a player?  Why stoop to that level?  We are already the trash of the NFL with our fans hurting themselves by jumping onto tables.  I prefer to play the right way and with class.  I want our players focusing on winning this crucial game not on hurting another player.  

Athletes have family just like White said.  I'm not in the boat of threatening a players career and letting our emotions get in the way of winning.  

• Like (+1) 1