‘the Process’ = Fools Gold

Chandler#81

23 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I don't get why everyone focuses on the "process" as being something mysterious that cannot be explained.  Correct me if I'm wrong, he's just labeling what they do on a day to day basis-working out, studying film, practicing technique etc.  To call this fool's gold is flat out insane, because every team has some version of this, whether or not they refer to it as the process.  Selling the "process" is just McD's way of getting players to put in the work/"get addicted to the grind".

Your issue isn't with the process, your issue is with personnel decisions

also a great post berg.  some people love to harp on, "the process", but you summed it up perfectly.  i'm not sure if this new staff is going to finally straighten this team out, but at least there's a definite approach.  

27 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I don't get why everyone focuses on the "process" as being something mysterious that cannot be explained.  Correct me if I'm wrong, he's just labeling what they do on a day to day basis-working out, studying film, practicing technique etc.  To call this fool's gold is flat out insane, because every team has some version of this, whether or not they refer to it as the process.  Selling the "process" is just McD's way of getting players to put in the work/"get addicted to the grind".

Your issue isn't with the process, your issue is with personnel decisions

A large part was getting the people in the building who weren't on board with doing that type of work out of there apparently...

Edited by matter2003

49 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? 

Because more blue chippers get selected before we have our pick(s), moving the options back further. McBeane is going to need a longer list of college players on his Draft Board.

Why was everyone here ecstatic earlier in the year that we’d be 4-12 and believed KC might flop as well this year? Because we would reap the rewards at the Draft.

I understand that it pushes our own draft picks to later in the round(s). 

I just didn't get the part about "in a draft year when we've garnered so many high draft picks at such a high cost". 

Why does our win-loss record matter when it comes to the high picks we have garnered from other teams? 

I swear there are bills fans that look forward to the draft more than the season and would have the bills win no more than 2 games every year. The draft Imo is such a crap shoot. I actually find the draft to be so over hyped it's ridiculous. Yes, we want the bills to draft well year after year, but I couldn't care less where we draft any given year. Time has shown that some of the best players in the NFL get passed on multiple times by teams. Every single year we have fans that are just dying to get to the draft. I will never understand it and couldn't care less 

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nobody said it is...his opinion is just based on unfactual information.

Let’s discuss this.

The Process includes drafting players who were 3 or 4 year starters in college, with Captaincy and Conference recognition. Factual, right? 

The Process includes ridding the team of highly compensated prima donnas who -in coach’s mind, lack a gritty work ethic. Factual, right?

The Process includes bringing high-motor jags in to substitute regularly and play ST’s. Factual, right?

So, is it just ‘opinion’ that McDermott wouldn’t have wanted Shady McCoy -with his racial tantrums, prima-drama-‘tude and off field disgressions on his team? If you think he would, you’re not understanding ‘the Process’. Is it just ‘opinion’ that McDermott would forsake a trade for Big Ben, given his past promiscuity? The Process says yes to it. The problem with ‘the Process’ is how great players who fit these descriptions dominate games, lead to many victories and they can be found on every contending team. It typically is motivation for their stellar play, Process notwithstanding. 

In short, 53 choir boys enraptured by a Process don’t achieve greatness. History says so.

please share your factual information.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I swear there are bills fans that look forward to the draft more than the season and would have the bills win no more than 2 games every year. The draft Imo is such a crap shoot. I actually find the draft to be so over hyped it's ridiculous. Yes, we want the bills to draft well year after year, but I couldn't care less where we draft any given year. Time has shown that some of the best players in the NFL get passed on multiple times by teams. Every single year we have fans that are just dying to get to the draft. I will never understand it and couldn't care less 

I LOVE the Draft.   But in no way does winning this year make it harder to win next year.  The argument is ridiculous.  

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? 

Because more blue chippers get selected before we have our pick(s), moving the options back further. McBeane is going to need a longer list of college players on his Draft Board.

Why was everyone here ecstatic earlier in the year that we’d be 4-12 and believed KC might flop as well this year? Because we would reap the rewards at the Draft.

Except that just isn't how it works in the NFL many times...this isn't hockey or the NBA

Edited by matter2003

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Let’s discuss this.

The Process includes drafting players who were 3 or 4 year starters in college, with Captaincy and Conference recognition. Factual, right? 

The Process includes ridding the team of highly compensated prima donnas who -in coach’s mind, lack a gritty work ethic. Factual, right?

The Process includes bringing high-motor jags in to substitute regularly and play ST’s. Factual, right?

So, is it just ‘opinion’ that McDermott wouldn’t have wanted Shady McCoy -with his racial tantrums, prima-drama-‘tude and off field disgressions on his team? If you think he would, you’re not understanding ‘the Process’. Is it just ‘opinion’ that McDermott would forsake a trade for Big Ben, given his past promiscuity? The Process says yes to it. The problem with ‘the Process’ is how great players who fit these descriptions dominate games, lead to many victories and they can be found on every contending team. It typically is motivation for their stellar play, Process notwithstanding. 

In short, 53 choir boys enraptured by a Process don’t achieve greatness. History says so.

please share your factual information.

I think "the Process" had players with "attitude" in Carolina.  

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

Well, considering you were on record saying we didn't have a chance to win against the Dolphins with Tyrod under center, let's all hope you continue to be wrong  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this season will be known more for the disaster it is 3-4 years down the road. The increasing number of excellent college players is slipping dramatically with each meaningless win in a Draft year where we’ve garnered so many high pics at such a great cost. ‘The Process’ is pure Fools Gold. We simply aren’t talented enough to be considered contending, and now we likely won’t be for a few more years either. QB, DE, DL, OL, RB & WR need upgrades and more than a few players played their last Home Game yesterday. Our wins this year were all unnecessarily close and gifted with multiple T/O’s and ridiculously long FG’s. Our losses? No T/Os and blown out of stadiums. 

Even if we somehow receive a holiday miracle to break the 17 year streak for one more hour, we’re in worse shape talent wise than we were before ‘the Process’ started shredding the roster. I’ll go on record as saying we won’t make the playoffs and the result of this tease will negatively impact the team for years to come.

So all of our wins were lucky and all the loses depict the true reality?   We have less talent but we are winning more? 

The "lose for better draft picks philosophy" really helped the Sabres didn't it?  Two years after tanking they are worse than ever.   Look at the Cleveland Browns, all those primo draft picks are really lighting it up.    Funny the Pats and Steelers seem to do fine without drafting in the best spots?  They both have been winners for over a well decade now. 

In football the draft is not a crap shoot.  There are good players throughout the draft.  We are not going to draft 6 rookie starters next year so forget this crazy notion.  Winning breeds winning. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

?? 

I feel ya, man. I wanted to lose more games to better our draft position, but I can't help but be happy when we win. Winning is what they play for, each and every Sunday. We have to stick with trying to win and keep that winning " culture" going. Not only that, but, we're still in the hunt this late in the season. If we weren't in the hunt, sure let's lose all we can, but now, let's do this!

29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you still don’t feel good. Ok, let me help you. How do the hapless Bills make the playoffs?

1.) Beat the Patriots in New England. 

OK, Plan B;

2.) Beat Miami twice in 3 games, this time at Miami.

OK, Plan C;

3.) Multiple natural disasters, mass murders of contending teams players, along with plague, infestation and other deadly diseases.

Then, after 1& Done, where you dance in the street anyway because the streak was broken..

Draft in the 20’s after likely departures of other current and past PB players..

There. Happy Now??

So you're saying that to make the playoffs, Bills have to win games?

They don't just hand out the spots?

Learn something new every day.

• Haha (+1) 1

Any new coach would have a catch phrase. Every business has some catch phrase. At Lowe's they want you to "Love where you live" at Burger King you can "Have it your way." Bills have "One Buffalo" and "Trust the process."

I don't care what the catch phrase is because it's just words. They absolutely mean nothing to a fan or player unless your successful. It's a lot easier to buy into the "Patriot Way" because it's proven and trusting the process is unproven.

What matters to me is the action behind those words. The things that happen behind the scenes. I want to trust that the process is a serious thing that brings blood, sweat, tears and eventually championships. I don't want a catch phrase to make me feel good. Everybody trust the process if the process wins.

So chances are we won't make the playoffs. The Bills have not in a long time. When they finally do it will be something so special that no other fan besides a Bill fan will understand how special. The feeling will never be compared to a Patriots playoffs. A Patriots Superbowl will never be as awesome as when the Bills go next.

I'm a fan. I have no choice but to buy in. If I didn't think I could anymore I wouldn't watch the sport. Bills are my team. They are the underdog I am an underdog. I sympathize with thier flaws just as I know I have my own. 

The Bills have been borderline Playoff team for the last few years and I don't think it will be long. Just have to let the dust settle after the shake up and see what we have. 

I just think it's to soon to call it a failed experiment. We seen the gutting of the team lead to a similar record we had before it was done. What we have not seen is what the rescource from all that will bring in. That will be the point I feel like I can lean tword bad or good. I feel like I only seen half of the process at this point.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1