Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

First person to brag about their rep points loses

Not bragging just indicating people agree with what I have to say.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Taylor doesn’t suck. He’s an okay starting QB

Taylor sucks.  Better accept the reality of it.  

Okay.  Hahahahahaha 

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s been the worst receiver in the league!! He has 70 targets and 25 catches!! He only averages 11 yards a catch!! That is pathetic. I’m not positive but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the first receiver in history to have only 25 catches on 70 targets. 

I didn't know it was that bad. Hard to argue with that.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not bragging just indicating people agree with what I have to say.

Taylor sucks.  Better accept the reality of it.  

Okay.  Hahahahahaha 

He’s an okay starting QB. The numbers all support that. You are using “he sucks” to prove your point. No one is saying that he’s great. “OKAY” was the word that was used and that’s not debatable. Back-to-back top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses to go with Top 10 QBR and 4TDs to every turnover. Sorry, but only an idiot would say “that sucks.” That’s why the football people around the country laughed at the Bills when they played that scrub against the Chargers. They have a frame of reference. If you want to see sucks, watch the Browns or Bears or Dolphins or Cardinals...

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I didn't know it was that bad. Hard to argue with that.

I posted the stats earlier and if you go back multiple years you won’t find a worse performance. I went back a handful of years and then just stopped. It’s been historically bad.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You want data?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5amqs8/most_uncatchable_throws_exc_batted_balls_and/

Most uncatchable throws (exc. batted balls and throwaways) 1. Joe Flacco 2. Tyrod Taylor 3. Jameis Winston 4. Brock Osweiler 5. Derek Carr

Top 5 highest uncatchable throw %

# 1.  Tyrod Taylor (24.35%)

Story of my life. 

That "data" is from 2016 and if you look at 2015, same data, from the same site guess who Taylor is ahead of?

22 Tyrod Taylor BUF 67 380 17.63%
23 Tom Brady NE 111 624 17.79%

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

That "data" is from 2016 and if you look at 2015, same data, from the same site guess who Taylor is ahead of?

22 Tyrod Taylor BUF 67 380 17.63%
23 Tom Brady NE 111 624 17.79%

It is from Novemeber 1, 2016. That’s not a selective use of data. 

200w.gif

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Take your L and go home. Don’t try to come to a thread about a guy playing terribly and blame someone else. The guy you are trying to defend is ranked last of all qualifying receivers and has a historically bad catch rate. Pick your battles!! If you want to complain about Tyrod go to one of the thousand threads here of people complaining about him. Don’t try to scapegoat him for Zay’s failures. 

And you’ll continue to bring nothing to the board. 

I do think that we need to consider the passer.  If Zay was playing with a traditional pocket passer who pushes the ball downfield, 30+ attempts per game, think of how many more passes he could not catch.  I project he could go 27 for 110.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The people that post the most have the most rep points. It isn’t an indication of your content.

That’s certainly a huge factor, but one of several. There are different kinds of reps. Some people, like yourself, have actual knowledge to share and that betters everyone. Others hate or love certain positions on players or coaches, and they attract anyone of like mind. Mad reps ensue. Then there are clowns like me with some opinions, but mostly just having fun, while adding little. I’m not ashamed I don’t have deep X and O knowledge or know every WR in the PAC 12 or every DT in the SEC. But I guess it’s true, if you don’t post....

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s certainly a huge factor, but one of several. There are different kinds of reps. Some people, like yourself, have actual knowledge to share and that betters everyone. Others hate or love certain positions on players or coaches, and they attract anyone of like mind. Mad reps ensue. Then there are clowns like me with some opinions, but mostly just having fun, while adding little. I’m not ashamed I don’t have deep X and O knowledge or know every WR in the PAC 12 or every DT in the SEC. But I guess it’s true, if you don’t post....

A349AA3A-6720-4746-87BC-7D658F774FC4.thumb.jpeg.5c07408eb3ac5b8950e57109dea84cc4.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

As far as uncatchable balls you tell me if this is on Zay or not ........

25396004_10214999311845317_6457736292618

The ball was thrown well enough but when does the defender get credit for breaking up the play.  The picture is great in showing how one of his arms are is being pulled while trying to catch the ball. 

Now if Brady threw the ball it would have been in front of Jones where he could have made a clean catch.

Edited by artmalibu

53 minutes ago, McBean said:

Zay has definitely struggled a bit this season. With that being said, he’s a rookie and will get better. Not worried about him.

He won’t be rookie of the year, but if there was a 2nd year POY then I wouldn’t rule him out.  HUGE bounce back is possible if we are stable at OL and QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL is...showed it AGAIN yesterday.................

REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Marquise Goodwin 10 114 11.4 0 18 13

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL is...showed it AGAIN yesterday.................

REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Marquise Goodwin 10 114 11.4 0 18 13

49ers had a TD called back due to holding by Glass.