Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

18 hours ago, Bakin said:

It’s obvious that Zay CAN catch. 

Look what he did in College. 

It certainly boggles the mind as to this season of yips. 

I sure hope he figures it out. 

Odd year for Zay. Obviously started off terrible then started to make clutch catches but yesterday's deep ball was laid in there perfectly by TT.  I don't have the answer? Maybe Tyrod has some weird spin on his ball? Zay better figure this out because we've had a ton of 2nd round wr busts over the years....

6 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I remain puzzled that so many NFL receivers drop any balls. 

I know this is a lame comparison but when I would play ultimate frisbee regularly, I would get so mad if I had a single drop in a season. And I’m not a professional. 

I think our guys do it more often than most teams. It's literally their job description to catch the darn ball.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I think our guys do it more often than most teams. It's literally their job description to catch the darn ball.

I feel like if you are a professional receiver, your catch rate should be like Antonio brown’s, who has like 3 or 4 drops all year long on like 100 targets. It should be less than 1%. 

I think Zay is like at 20%. :wacko:

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nearly 25 to 30 % of his targeted throws were not catchable.  You subtract those and Zay's # are actually pretty good for a ROOKIE 

But you know to make a fair comparison you would also have to get rid of all the non catch-able targets that the other rookies received. So after controlling for that, would Zay's numbers look pretty good for a rookie as you say? Seem doubtful. 

It's like the old, subtract the (Insert Bills QB name here) INTs that went off the receivers hands and his interception numbers compared to other QBs don't look to bad argument.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Haters gonna hate. 

Zay was targeted twice Sunday. 

One was knocked away on a good defensive play.  (the ones you root for when a bill defender does it)

The other was uncatchable. You can not blame Zay for overthrown passes or passes OOB.  

Oh man, someone here is about to hand over their beer...

Funny that  reporters for the Bills one who was a NFL WR didnt think it was a drop as much as a great play by the defense.  All the stats I found say he has 2 drops for the year.  

I bet the guys down on him are the same ones who call Lawson a bust, who still leads the team in sacks and hasent played in 3 games.

Or 

The guys that wanted to cut Homes who leads the team in TD receptions to get a late 3rd round pick.

And

Probably the same guys who who thought Hogan should have been cut to keep Derick or what ever his name is.

If he caught half of the balls thrown his way that were not receptions he would already be getting nominated for the Hall of Fame 

• Like (+1) 1

2nd round player. 14 games. bust?

for one, you're looking at a team that may only throw for 200 yds passing in a game, or less. he hasn't had many opportunities to even catch the ball. even the drops and over thrown passes are not enough evidence to conclude whether he's a bust or not.

no, he isn't branded a bust just yet.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Zay was targeted twice Sunday. 

One was knocked away on a good defensive play.  (the ones you root for when a bill defender does it)

The other was uncatchable. You can not blame Zay for overthrown passes or passes OOB.  

Which pass was out of bounds and uncatchable, this one?