Gilmore getting exposed against Steelers

Irv

Hate that motherf$&@%#.... he still sucks. Must be nice holding constantly and getting away with it because you wear a Pats helmet now. His grab on Bryant's arm across half the end zone was ridiculous. Refs made Bryant catch the ball one handed to score on that one. Flag not forthcoming . What a joke 

6 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Tre is better than Gilmore. Its not really close in my books. White had one welcome to the NFL game against Green. Besides that, the guy has been lights out against top receivers.

This is not to say Gilmore sucks as I think he is average to maybe even above average. But I wouldn't list Gilmore as good

I think white looks good and may end up being better than him. I don't really think he's better than Gilmore at this point though 

Defenses weren't throwing near Gilmore at all in his career until Rex got here and made a disaster of the secondary. 

You don't get it. It's not Gilmores coverage that is the problem, he is quite talented in that regard. It's his attitude, his toughness, mental and physical.

He has no grit and when the going gets tough he won't be there for you.

You'll figure it out, thats why Gilmore sucks and from everything Tre has showed us he has those other things and the talent to boot.

I'd take Tre today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

You don't get it. It's not Gilmores coverage that is the problem, he is quite talented in that regard. It's his attitude, his toughness, mental and physical.

You'll figure it out, thats why Gilmore sucks and from everything Tre has showed us he has those other things and the talent to boot.

I'd take Tre today.

Agreed.

What I really like McD building are team with our DBs being excellent tacklers and being good with coverage.  It just makes sense.  No need to handcuff yourselves.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:42 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

This post is just amazingly stupid. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who sees it.

He's boom, bust, or average.

Wtf isn't he. 

Corners get beat guys. Tre is good, but not better than Gilmore. It's easy to forget Julio or AJ torching him when you want.

And forgetting that Gilmore shut down Beckham when no one could to the point that Beckham is punching him.

Both good corners, but I don't think Tre is better. He could get there, but I don't think he's better now. 

Gilmore is a solid corner

Hes !@#$in horrible tackling!!!

Yes tre is better

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I'd take Tre today.

So Why Gilmore sucks, and what I don't understand is in these measurables. .

His attitude... (People have been on this since he got drafted)

Toughness... This is just typical dumb football fan argument. Trade guy because he gets hurt... All of these guys are tough. Gilmore played with a !@#$ing cast on man... Get real. The whole he's not tough argument is just stupid when it comes to professional athletes.

Mental... not sure what that even means... Aren't attitude and mental largely one in the same? He's never shown to not understand coverages... and isn't the narrative that Belichick only signs smart guys. I'm not saying it's true, because Gronk is one huge example of a stupid player he features but usually the narrative is the Pats only sign the smart guys. I don't know if Gilmore is smart or not, but I can't say he's ever came across as stupid.

Physical? Gilmore is strong, big, pressing corner. I'm not even sure how he doesn't measure up Physically.

The one attribute you can actually evaluate numerically he passes. The others are just stupid football cliches you heard and can't even define them. I'm completely confident that I get it, you are the one I'm pretty sure has no clue what they are watching other than they want the Bills to win. Which is fine, because that's what I want to.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 12/17/2017 at 8:42 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

This post is just amazingly stupid. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who sees it.

He's boom, bust, or average.

Wtf isn't he. 

Corners get beat guys. Tre is good, but not better than Gilmore. It's easy to forget Julio or AJ torching him when you want.

And forgetting that Gilmore shut down Beckham when no one could to the point that Beckham is punching him.

Both good corners, but I don't think Tre is better. He could get there, but I don't think he's better now. 

Julio had 3 receptions for 30 yards I wonder how Tre ever recovered from getting torched so badly.

5 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Julio had 3 receptions for 30 yards I wonder how Tre ever recovered from getting torched so badly.

Watch the game. Julio was hurt and all of those receptions were in the 1st quarter I believe, and I'm pretty sure he was missed on a play he was wide open on pretty deep.

Julio didn't play the 2nd half at all, and was in and out most of the second...

You did watch the game right? Or did you just google box scores to support being an irrational homer?

Tre also did recover. He looks good, but I don't care about how he does playing subpar receivers. You measure talent when it competes against the best. I actually think he played gronk as well as I've seen any CB play him. Just like I think Gilmore has played the OBJ on another level. I'm trying to remember a game prior to Rex where I was left thinking Gilmore got torched left and right. I can't remember one, and he played, AJ, Julio, Dez, OBJ. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Watch the game. Julio was hurt and all of those receptions were in the 1st quarter I believe, and I'm pretty sure he was missed on a play he was wide open on pretty deep.

Julio didn't play the 2nd half at all, and was in and out most of the second...

You did watch the game right? Or did you just google box scores to support being an irrational homer?

Tre also did recover. He looks good, but I don't care about how he does playing subpar receivers. You measure talent when it competes against the best. I actually think he played gronk as well as I've seen any CB play him. Just like I think Gilmore has played the OBJ on another level. I'm trying to remember a game prior to Rex where I was left thinking Gilmore got torched left and right. I can't remember one, and he played, AJ, Julio, Dez, OBJ. 

I did watch the game Julio in fact was never on the field and had horrible stats because of it. How did he torch Tre? I remember Green beating him deep for a TD and making another catch on him by out jumping him for a huge play, but I don't remember Julio doing much. 

Remember when Gilmore got destroyed by future Hall of famer Chris Hogan lol

Edited by Starr Almighty

On 12/18/2017 at 11:38 PM, Manther said:

Agreed.

What I really like McD building are team with our DBs being excellent tacklers and being good with coverage.  It just makes sense.  No need to handcuff yourselves.

I've said in many threads that Gilmore doesn't tackle.  He bumps with his shoulder.  Too often the receiver or running back can handle the bump and keep going.  DBs should learn to tackle big guys who are going fast by grabbing ankles.  The DBs on the Bills this season seem to do that.  Gilmore never has, perhaps he never will.