Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was called correctly. He has to maintain control ALL the way to the ground which includes contact with said ground.

Ok, then why is it not a catch, fumble and recovery? 

He caught the ball, this is not debatable, he pulled ball in to stomach and stretched ball over goal line. 

He had 2 feet, 1 knee, and 1 elbow touch the ground and perform a football move all before the ball comes loose?  

Again why is this not a catch and subsequent fumble and recovery? 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The Pats get these calls all of the time, and then when gronk gets his jersey pulled, it’s instant victim mode.

I have stopped traveling to New England.

I had the pleasure of meeting some of my wife’s co-workers at a holiday party a couple nights ago. Just before we left (after the max amount of beverages) I stumbled across a Pats* fan and her husband. Typical ignorant twit fan. I had the opportunity to show them the Fumble Chart on my phone. The husband thanked me at least two more times before we left. Think about that. He’ll be looking that bad boy chart up, while she was shocked that I kept it on my phone. 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It’s always a 30 page thread of shock and awe over the refs not knowing the rule despite the calls being pretty consistent and I’d venture a ton of fans knowing it.

to the rest of the post though: how would you change the rule given the opportunity to do so?

To me it's simple, once the receiver has the ball in both hands and two feet down in bounds (or a knee, elbow, hip, etc...) he has possession.  After that if the ball pops out, it's a fumble. If he crosses the plane of the goal line, it's a touchdown.  Forget all the 'football move' and did he 'complete the catch' bs and keep it simple.

But as it stands, i don't know why receivers aren't more conscious of holding the ball all the way through.

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No he didn't, it was the right call. As for not whining to the media, it's obvious the Bills have minimal contact with Chef and the whining by Steelers. Heck Big Ben is blaming the coach for the INT. So trust me they be whining to the media if they thought they were screwed.. mind you they will lose to the Jags in the divisional round and their will not be a rematch. 

pats fan u have to be kidding. how do u expect anyone to take u seriously when u r such an egregious homer?

Edited by Tcali

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

So. Ow your saying there is one angle showing the ball hitting the ground thus absolute proof. And the second one was the close up they showed during the game. As well as one from the end zone.. but ya only one angle showed it. 

Pats Fan this isn't a Bills and Pats game we are even debating. If you poll every NFL fan in America 90% would rule that a TD.  I hope this was you lucky horseshoe for the year and we destroy your team next week.

9 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I don't see any incontrovertible video evidence that his hand wasn't underneath the ball while it moved.  More likely that it hit the ground?  Sure, but that's not the standard to overturn a call.  There is no conclusive angle that shows for sure that it hit the ground and not some part of his hand.

Agree. I knew it was going to be scrutinized in the booth and felt there was room to consider that his hand stayed under the ball even if it moved as he hit the ground.  But also knew that chances were they'd overrule.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Pats Fan this isn't a Bills and Pats game we are even debating. If you poll every NFL fan in America 90% would rule that a TD.  I hope this was you lucky horseshoe for the year and we destroy your team next week.

in every imaginable argument that is a TD. its not even debatable

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Every wonderful and magical touchdown catch you remember from your childhood, every last one, would be ruled incomplete in today's NFL.

A penalty on Lynn Swann for bending his body in flight out of bounds and then twisting himself back in bounds to make that catch over Cliff Harris

• Like (+1) 1

it doesnt matter if his hand stayed under the ball---he broke the plane of the EZ after having complete control of the ball.And no one can give the 'landing' argument. His knee was down he already friggin landed if anyone tries to use that bogus S

1 minute ago, Jukester said:

To me it's simple, once the receiver has the ball in both hands and two feet down in bounds (or a knee, elbow, hip, etc...) he has possession.  After that if the ball pops out, it's a fumble. If he crosses the plane of the goal line, it's a touchdown.  Forget all the 'football move' and did he 'complete the catch' bs and keep it simple.

But as it stands, i don't know why receivers aren't more conscious of holding the ball all the way through.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The reason why receivers don't hold the ball all the way through is because they're trying to make football moves, not trying to fulfill some byzantine rule set defined by confused committee.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

A penalty on Lynn Swann for bending his body in flight out of bounds and then twisting himself back in bounds to make that catch over Cliff Harris

One catch that got him in the HOF. While others had to do so much! 

17 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Right, and Pats fans NEVER whine.

Brady DESERVED that suspension last season because Goodell as completely within his power to suspend him, and the evidence that the NFL collected showed without a shadow of a doubt that the Pats tampered with game balls. 

I'm sure that Pats fans were completely fine with that ruling and accepted it all without complaint.

Umm did I say FANS? Wow you regressed fast! I said TEAM as in Big Ben and their coach.. and have you an example from this game post game of Big Ben throwing his coach under the bus! But yes that's the same as fans whining. (Eye roll)

9 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Ok, then why is it not a catch, fumble and recovery? 

He caught the ball, this is not debatable, he pulled ball in to stomach and stretched ball over goal line. 

He had 2 feet, 1 knee, and 1 elbow touch the ground and perform a football move all before the ball comes loose?  

Again why is this not a catch and subsequent fumble and recovery? 

Because since he didn't complete the catch and the ball hit the ground it is incomplete. 

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

it doesnt matter if his hand stayed under the ball---he broke the plane of the EZ after having complete control of the ball.And no one can give the 'landing' argument. His knee was down he already friggin landed if anyone tries to use that bogus S

You obviously don't know the current rule.  Doesn't matter if his knee was down if he's falling to the ground.  Has to 'complete the catch.'  Is it BS - yes but that's the rule