Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

The ball “moved” but he had control and a hand underneath. That was a TD, but as a Bills fan, I known the feeling of being robbed. Cheaters stole home field. 

Looking at it closer, it looks like the ground does NOT actually even cause the ball to spin, but rather as his left elbow hits the ground, his hand moves up, and THAT's what causes the ball to spin. Only after that does the ball touch the ground, but he has both hands on it, and the right hand underneath it. Steelers got jobbed.

How the Pats always seem to have these calls go their way is pretty amazing, though.

The more I see it, the more I think it’s incovlusive.  It looks like the ball hit the ground - but that’s more of an assumption.  You don’t see it touch.

Who knows - might end up being the best thing for the Steelers.  It certainly gives them some motivation in the next meeting

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sorry caps on my phone I must have hit the double cap button.  As for your assertion his hand was under it, No one saw that  NO one! Now your changing your argument. He lost control once the ball hit the ground and the ball hit the ground. 

I’m not changing the argument at all. The ball is incomplete if the ball touches the ground when the receivers makes the catch going to the ground. The player can lose control as long as the ball doesn’t touch the ground...

And how do you know no one saw that. I just said that’s what I saw. People in this thread saw it.

Heres the point, there isn’t a camera angle that shows the ball actually touching the ground. Not one. Therefore they should have stayed with the call on the field.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Which he did.

Which he did not! Even the steeler coach didn't argue about the call. And trust me he is a big old whined he would have! 

Just now, John in Jax said:

Looking at it closer, it looks like the ground does NOT actually even cause the ball to spin, but rather as his left elbow hits the ground, his hand moves up, and THAT's what causes the ball to spin. Only after that does the ball touch the ground, but he has both hands on it, and the right hand underneath it. Steelers got jobbed.

How the Pats always seem to have these calls go their way is pretty amazing, though.

Sigh it's the rule, he failed maintain possession to the ground no matter how you try spin it. Again even the Steelers didn't disagree with it.  I mean I know all the arm chair QBs know better than Romo ( a former player who knows the rule) and every referee in the game. I mean it's just best say they were jobbed instead of him just screwing up. 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’m not changing the argument at all. The ball is incomplete if the ball touches the ground when the receivers makes the catch going to the ground. The player can lose control as long as the ball doesn’t touch the ground...

And how do you know no one saw that. I just said that’s what I saw. People in this thread saw it.

Heres the point, there isn’t a camera angle that shows the ball actually touching the ground. Not one. Therefore they should have stayed with the call on the field.

Wow! Ok  your just grasping at straws EVERY angle shows the ball hitting the ground EVERY angle! The simple fact is he tried to do to much. And the Steelers lost the game when Big Ben decided to force a ball in and got picked off.. the game was amazing and felt like a playoff game.

2 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

He did.  Tomlin didn't want to argue it in the media, but it's obvious he sees it for what it is, a bullcrap call.

No he didn't, it was the right call. As for not whining to the media, it's obvious the Bills have minimal contact with Chef and the whining by Steelers. Heck Big Ben is blaming the coach for the INT. So trust me they be whining to the media if they thought they were screwed.. mind you they will lose to the Jags in the divisional round and their will not be a rematch. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! Ok  your just grasping at straws EVERY angle shows the ball hitting the ground EVERY angle! The simple fact is he tried to do to much. And the Steelers lost the game when Big Ben decided to force a ball in and got picked off.. the game was amazing and felt like a playoff game.

Every angle? There’s one angle. Try again. 

We have this conversation every single time there is one of these plays. I knew it would be overruled the second i saw the replay and the ball moved when he hit the ground. He didn't 'complete the catch' by the letter of the new rule but we all know it's a catch by normal football standards. The rule is an abomination and the powers that be are the biggest morons for not making it right. Add on the fact that the Pats* were the benefactors as the Steelers went on to lose just makes it that much worse.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Every angle? There’s one angle. Try again. 

So. Ow your saying there is one angle showing the ball hitting the ground thus absolute proof. And the second one was the close up they showed during the game. As well as one from the end zone.. but ya only one angle showed it. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

No he didn't, it was the right call. As for not whining to the media, it's obvious the Bills have minimal contact with Chef and the whining by Steelers. Heck Big Ben is blaming the coach for the INT. So trust me they be whining to the media if they thought they were screwed.. mind you they will lose to the Jags in the divisional round and their will not be a rematch. 

Right, and Pats fans NEVER whine.

Brady DESERVED that suspension last season because Goodell as completely within his power to suspend him, and the evidence that the NFL collected showed without a shadow of a doubt that the Pats tampered with game balls. 

I'm sure that Pats fans were completely fine with that ruling and accepted it all without complaint.

3 minutes ago, Jukester said:

We have this conversation every single time there is one of these plays. I knew it would be overruled the second i saw the replay and the ball moved when he hit the ground. He didn't 'complete the catch' by the letter of the new rule but we all know it's a catch by normal football standards. The rule is an abomination and the powers that be are the biggest morons for not making it right. Add on the fact that the Pats* were the benefactors as the Steelers went on to lose just makes it that much worse.

It’s always a 30 page thread of shock and awe over the refs not knowing the rule despite the calls being pretty consistent and I’d venture a ton of fans knowing it.

to the rest of the post though: how would you change the rule given the opportunity to do so?

Edited by NoSaint

I don't see any incontrovertible video evidence that his hand wasn't underneath the ball while it moved.  More likely that it hit the ground?  Sure, but that's not the standard to overturn a call.  There is no conclusive angle that shows for sure that it hit the ground and not some part of his hand.

Shocking that the resident Pats fan shows up and rubs salt in the wound.  Just shocking.

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

Right, and Pats fans NEVER whine.

Brady DESERVED that suspension last season because Goodell as completely within his power to suspend him, and the evidence that the NFL collected showed without a shadow of a doubt that the Pats tampered with game balls. 

I'm sure that Pats fans were completely fine with that ruling and accepted it all without complaint.

At the Super Bowl, they were chanting gooooooodell......

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A player on your team literally used his anger over a perceived missed call as an excuse for trying to break the neck of a prone player from his blindside so stop talking about other teams whining.  That was the all time ultimate whine....and even after the NFL allows him to wear a weapon.

We’ve heard all this since John Madden explained the universe around the outside of the pylons a million times as they randomly interpreted it on replay

it is always going the Pats way so don’t do a righteous rain dance reading the totally shiftable “rules” you worship....

The Pats are right, make up whatever you want to justify it, then say the opposite next time to make them right 

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Shut up dude. You know damn well that if the roles were reversed and Gronk broke the plane with full control that you'd be crying to mommy that the Pats got jobbed.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 2