Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

Just now, Jukester said:

You obviously don't know the current rule.  Doesn't matter if his knee was down if he's falling to the ground.  Has to 'complete the catch.'  Is it BS - yes but that's the rule

his knee was down. he was officially onthe ground at that point

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Pats Fan this isn't a Bills and Pats game we are even debating. If you poll every NFL fan in America 90% would rule that a TD.  I hope this was you lucky horseshoe for the year and we destroy your team next week.

Weird seeing as how Romo stated "this is going be called back" maybe it's the simple pats hate and not wanting to believe that teams usually for one reason or another crap all over themselves and cost themselves the game. 

As for next week I have no idea what will happen.. we are missing so many players on D it's sad.. I think we are on our third string LBers now.. sigh

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Umm did I say FANS? Wow you regressed fast! I said TEAM as in Big Ben and their coach.. and have you an example from this game post game of Big Ben throwing his coach under the bus! But yes that's the same as fans whining. (Eye roll)

Okay, then I'll pull Kraft's press conference about Goodell's ruling. 

By the way, the Steelers lost on a crap call today.

Weird seeing as how Romo stated "this is going be called back" maybe it's the simple pats hate and not wanting to believe that teams usually for one reason or another crap all over themselves and cost themselves the game. 

As for next week I have no idea what will happen.. we are missing so many players on D it's sad.. I think we are on our third string LBers now.. sigh

Pats fans always think they’re the only team with injuries.

9 minutes ago, Jukester said:

To me it's simple, once the receiver has the ball in both hands and two feet down in bounds (or a knee, elbow, hip, etc...) he has possession.  After that if the ball pops out, it's a fumble. If he crosses the plane of the goal line, it's a touchdown.  Forget all the 'football move' and did he 'complete the catch' bs and keep it simple.

But as it stands, i don't know why receivers aren't more conscious of holding the ball all the way through.

So if for only a split second it’s still on his hands - literally fractions of a second- while a knee coincidentally touches... TD? How instantaneous is it that the ball can pause in a players super sticky glove to actually complete possessing it? (Just devils advocate that there isn’t a rule that could be written that perfectly eliminates this feeling some weeks)

Just now, row_33 said:

Lynn took a brutal beating against the Raiders and came through 11 out of 12 times in clutch games.  

Maybe he took a beating because he was a boy named Lynn who went to ballet classes? Even HE laughs about that! He was no Gronk. He was elegant in his play, but he shared attention so he had very limited numbers back in a different day. 

Just now, Success said:

Pats fans always think they’re the only team with injuries.

Sigh did I say that? Why are so many Bills fans butt hurt after a win? And a convincing win at that. Also why do so many have no clue how the rule is written for a catch or not a catch.

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

Okay, then I'll pull Kraft's press conference about Goodell's ruling. 

By the way, the Steelers lost on a crap call today.

To be fair, Kraft was probably piss drunk during that presser so he may not have known what he was saying.  

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

his knee was down. he was officially onthe ground at that point

wrong - he was still in the process of completing the catch because the rest of his body was still falling down.

again - it's a stupid rule

Ya that was a stupid call by Big Ben throw into triple coverage. A real crap call! 

The desperation call after the Refs stole a TD from the Steelers?  Yeah that was a bad play call.

The NFL coaching ranks are made up of 31 idiots and one idiot savant.

Just now, Jukester said:

wrong - he was still in the process of completing the catch because the rest of his body was still falling down.

again - it's a stupid rule

no proof his hand wasnt under the ball. no clear evidence to overrule

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

The desperation call after the Refs stole a TD from the Steelers?  Yeah that was a bad play call.

The NFL coaching ranks are made up of 31 idiots and one idiot savant.

Desperate? They were on the 5 and a FG ties the game and sends it into OT.  There should been no desperation.  Also the call was correct per the rule, hate the rule but it was called correct. Before you argue more it wasn't. Seeing as how Romo even said it was being called back makes it obvious to a train eye the ball hit the ground this incomplete. Hate the rule but not the call.

Just now, Tcali said:

no proof his hand wasnt under the ball. no clear evidence to overrule

that's a different point, which i can agree with, but the one i replied to was you saying he had completed the catch as soon as his knee hit the ground

Just now, Jukester said:

that's a different point, which i can agree with, but the one i replied to was you saying he had completed the catch as soon as his knee hit the ground

ANY part of the ball hits the ground while moving makes it incomplete.. the tip hit the ground. Thus incomplete.  Guys they had 2 more plays get it in and should have at least got a FG but like typical Pats competition they crapped their pants and blew it.

1 minute ago, Jukester said:

i know what u r saying jukester...but i believe i do have a point with the ruling . what if a player catches the ball way off balance and takes several steps before falling to the ground?? where is the line drawn? to take an extreme example---the WR catches a ,long bomb ala lance alworth and had to fly so fast that he took 7 steps before hitting the ground. then the ball pops out. Incomplete pass after he was running with it for 15 yds?