More from obd

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is why people believe Don.  

They read stuff on the internet and believe all of it is true.   

I am merely entering myself just as Don does.  

Again why is that so wrong?

You spew too much venom. Everyone reading this thread understands your opinion. Your insults are tired and hypocrytical.

With the broncos now  targeting Josh Allen and Darold and Rosen going 1 and 2,  the jets love Baker Mayfield, we now have a new number one target at quarterback according to my source for the draft.  Drew Locke is now our number one target if we draft a quarterback. From notes.  Good pocket passer, love his size. 

Edited by Dunkirk Don

13 minutes ago, purple haze said:

5 picks in first three rounds. If they are after a game manager they won't be using more than one of those picks on a QB.  Also, Free Agency could help improve the D as well.

McD is a Defense guy.  He will get the players to run his system effectively.  I would bet this draft will be Defense heavy early, specifically LB, DT, CB and DE.

You are so correct.  On our board five of our top rated players are all on the defense of line.  They have identified two offense of adds to the offense.  It was a tough break for cadet, no bun intended. But they have identified a number 2 back.  We will like him if we can get him.  He is not flashy but great speed and durability 

Edited by Dunkirk Don

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

You are so correct.  On our board five of our top rated players are all on the defense of line.  They have identified two offense of adds to the offense.  It was a tough break for cadet, no bun intended. But they have identified a number 2 back.  We will like him if we can get him.  He is not flashy but great speed and durability 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

There is the peterman camp at obd.  Let’s bring in a veteran and give the keys to the kid.  Other believe we are a few players and want a game manager.  We need a pass rusher and middle backer. They have grown tired of the Jerry act and he will either take a pay cut or be gone.  If we trade up for an unproven rookie, Shady will be on the block. That is in their plans.  Read there is no sense in keeping him.  I think the smith trade will heat up. Connection between andy and McDermott very strong

McDermott believes if our offense can average 24 points a game, we Can go deep in the playoffs with his scheme 

I still think Alex Smith makes the most sense.  Andy Reid is someone who McDermott can work with, coupled with the suspicion that he probably wants to start the Mahomes era.  It will be interesting to watch how Mahomes does this week.  I never put much credence in getting Cousins because 1) we would have to deal with Snyder and Bruce Allen in Washington, and 2) the amount of money Cousins will want.  A lot going against it.

Some posters have referred to McDermott as McEgo, and unfortunately this may be accurate.  

10 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

With the broncos now  targeting Josh Allen and Darold and Rosen going 1 and 2,  the jets love Baker Mayfield, we now have a new number one target at quarterback according to my source for the draft.  Drew Locke is now our number one target if we draft a quarterback. From notes.  Good pocket passer, love his size. 

If they love Drew Lock, then they should love Rudolph. They both run almost the same exact  offense, but Rudolph does everything better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I still think Alex Smith makes the most sense.  Andy Reid is someone who McDermott can work with, coupled with the suspicion that he probably wants to start the Mahomes era.  It will be interesting to watch how Mahomes does this week.  I never put much credence in getting Cousins because 1) we would have to deal with Snyder and Bruce Allen in Washington, and 2) the amount of money Cousins will want.  A lot going against it.

Some posters have referred to McDermott as McEgo, and unfortunately this may be accurate.  

I think smith is an above average quarterback definitely in the top 15 in the league.  Drafting a quarterback is tough, the college game really doesn’t prepare you for the nfl today.  It is a big gamble.  We won’t take Locke in the first round.  He is a third rounder at best

20 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

How do you know the Broncos are targeting Josh Allen? Because he was their pick in a mock draft back at the beginning of December? The Jets love Baker Mayfield? Because some poster on the Jets board loves the idea?

If you're going to throw sh*t at the wall to see if it sticks, at least throw it toward the wall. You're aim is terrible.

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If they love Drew Lock, then they should love Rudolph. They both run almost the same exact  offense, but Rudolph does everything better.

They are not high on Rudolph he won’t become a bill 

My source is very well connected in the league from his time at obd. He is making a few phone calls as time permits to some of his contacts to see what he can gather on potential teams drafting quarterbacks.  No one can be sure.  Look at the records of mcshay and Mel, they gather information and connect the dots the best they can

Edited by Dunkirk Don
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

Are you going to be disappointed if Bills win and Ravens lose Sunday?

Absolutkey not. It would be the best case scenario.

However, if we don’t get in the playoffs this season will be the worst season in 17 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

DD,

Help get some people to believe what you are saying.  Add more details and clearly define the information:

1.  Where is the stadium being built?  East of Buffalo is too generic and you wonder why people do not believe - give the location.

2.  You mention an announcement on extension of current lease to 2024.  OK - when?

3.  There were trade talks about Cousins.  How does that work without Cousins signing a franchise tag? Explain the mechanism because it doe snot make sense.

4.  Draft board - you said there was a draft board and then said there was info on players.  Very different things, be clearer.

If you don't give specifics then any vague items can be proven at some level.  Give more details, be exact and people will support.  Continue the current path and expect more of the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dalton said:

DD,

Help get some people to believe what you are saying.  Add more details and clearly define the information:

1.  Where is the stadium being built?  East of Buffalo is too generic and you wonder why people do not believe - give the location.

2.  You mention an announcement on extension of current lease to 2024.  OK - when?

3.  There were trade talks about Cousins.  How does that work without Cousins signing a franchise tag? Explain the mechanism because it doe snot make sense.

4.  Draft board - you said there was a draft board and then said there was info on players.  Very different things, be clearer.

If you don't give specifics then any vague items can be proven at some level.  Give more details, be exact and people will support.  Continue the current path and expect more of the same.

I am part of an investment group until our deal is signed I cannot share location. there will be an announcement coming out, I do not have the specific date,  I don’t work for the Bills I just heard about the extension.  I am not an expert of the mechanics just report what I am told.  The official draft board has not been built, just reports on players for the draft board. Most people understand draft board that is why I used that language

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Because the Browns future looks so good right now

Teams that end up  with eight or nine wins stay that way for awhile. See the bills.  We don’t stink but we are not good.  No the browns stink. You missed the point, if you don’t make the playoffs it is better to really stink then just be bad like us.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Teams that end up  with eight or nine wins stay that way for awhile. See the bills.  We don’t stink but we are not good.  No the browns stink. You missed the point, if you don’t make the playoffs it is better to really stink then just be bad like us.

I didn't miss the point...as a fan I watch each game and hope to win...if playoffs are missed I look for ward to improvements in the offseason.. I would not want to be 0-15 at this point. There would be no hope if that was our record. The Browns are years away from even being decent

37 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

How do you know the Broncos are targeting Josh Allen? Because he was their pick in a mock draft back at the beginning of December? The Jets love Baker Mayfield? Because some poster on the Jets board loves the idea?

If you're going to throw sh*t at the wall to see if it sticks, at least throw it toward the wall. You're aim is terrible.

Very few times a general manager is in attendance for a college bowl game.  Scouts yes, a gm no.  All signs point north my friend