City you've never lived in, but felt at home there

Just Jack

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne... VERY nice (So I hear)... On bucket list.

Very friendly people.  

Like being with any Italian mom.  Eat more food.  I ate so much I gained 15 pounds in 3 months.  

Go to a bar where people sing along with the music box and welcome you in.  

They spot tourists easily because they are the ones gawking at all the parrots and other explotic birds on every street corner.  

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Miami...........man, i did some wild partying there, boy.

Amen to that.  Only spent a weekend there in my mid 20’s, but it was freaking wild!  Stayed at the Colony Hotel, and partied at the Clevelander (and other places).  The women there :P

6 minutes ago, 145B4IDIE said:

Asheville, NC

Good one!  Used to head over there to party and see live music about once every couple months while living in Charlotte.  Great vibe there.

I'll suggest two.

I have spent a lot of time outside this country, roughly half my professional life.

Nashville and Munich.

If you took the Buffalo attitude and lived in some kind of Nashville/Munich combination, you'd have everything.

Edited by sherpa

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Jackson Hole Wyoming.

Incredible spot, make sure you cash out your 401K before you go home shopping. 

I could never live in a ski town. It's a very strange vibe between the 1%ers who've retired there, and the crusty locals who got in before real estate went through the roof. 

19 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I could never live in a ski town. It's a very strange vibe between the 1%ers who've retired there, and the crusty locals who got in before real estate went through the roof. 

I live in Hawaii, that's all very familiar to me. 

10 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Savannah, GA. Hard not to feel at home there.

We lived in Hilton Head Island for many years and had to go to Savannah a lot. This is before HHI even had a Walmart. Savannah then was 2 blocks wide, and then a danger zone. We went back a couple years ago for work, and I couldn’t believe how nice it had become! I talked crap about it for 20+ years not knowing they had turned it around so nicely. Oops....

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Sounds like Ellicottville

wife really likes Mystic, CT (though not officially a city)

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Washington, DC. Such a great, easy city to get around in. Great mix of history, government, business, and tourism. That said, have never had any tremendous food experiences there. 

Props to San Diego too— good neighborhoods, great weather and beaches, and solid food.

I am at Ft Lee Virginia, a couple hours from DC... I was considering a day trip tomorrow