Taylor starting

On 12/11/2017 at 8:03 PM, Tcali said:

which would be a real typical bills bonehead move..the cousins part

When have the Bills ever made a move for a legit QB before in FA? Typical Bills is ignoring the position like it's not a problem.

Also, reading this entire thread why is it that the CoT hate a legit QB in Cousins?

I personally can give a rats ass what Cousins will make $$$ as Mr. Pegula is paying the salary and has plenty extra by not keeping Watkins, Gilmore or Dareus.

A rookie QB needs to be developed 1-2 years and still only has a 50% chance to hit.

SO....

Take Cousins on a 3 year deal.

Draft a QB RD1 2018 (Don't trade up) and let him sit behind Cousins and LEARN

*Rookie hits = trade Cousins (*IF better)

Rookie folds = draft another and repeat above

While playing with 50/50 QB rookies, COUSINS might just be legit for the next 8-10 years and lead us to great things????

Only some Bills fans make it rocket science. Seriously, why not have both at one time?  End this QB BS once and for all that has hurt and set this franchise back for so damn long now.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please just Go Away. 

First of all, what self-respecting actual fan of a team argues at length for their team's loss at home against a team with a worse record as you do?

Second of all, what self-respecting actual fan of a player, a rookie, prays to God to let him start when he's reportedly (as of yesterday) still in concussion protocol and will be restricted from practice and even study and meetings?  Do you actually hate the guy and want to see him perform badly?

he's not a bills fan. dont know why he's allowed to be here. it's !@#$ing annoying

On 12/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, Dunkirk Don said:

I have it from a reliable source,  Tyrod will be under center.  Peterman will not be ready.  Injury more serious than believed. Webb will be back up. Logan Thomas taking snaps as emergency qb

Not a huge surprise.  The part about Peterman will either be supported or refuted by the injury report tomorrow, but even if he's healthy by Sunday, he's a rookie QB who will not have had a lot of practice reps this week because of the concussion protocol.  A coach would have to be an idiot to start him.

5 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

The only way I think we have even a slim chance of doing it is with Peterman a kid that can play QB over Tyrod

Looks like you've switched from La Via Strangiatto to Today's Tom Sawyer.

Earlier you said you wanted him to play as a science project.

I do not think Peterman is any type of franchise worthy QB but I do want this staff to evaluate him in live action so next year they will know more and Peterman will have experence if called upon.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

When have the Bills ever made a move for a legit QB before in FA? Typical Bills is ignoring the position like it's not a problem.

Also, reading this entire thread why is it that the CoT hate a legit QB in Cousins?

I personally can give a rats ass what Cousins will make $$$ as Mr. Pegula is paying the salary and has plenty extra by not keeping Watkins, Gilmore or Dareus.

A rookie QB needs to be developed 1-2 years and still only has a 50% chance to hit.

SO....

While playing with 50/50 QB rookies, COUSINS might just be legit for the next 8-10 years and lead us to great things????

Only some Bills fans make it rocket science. Seriously, why not have both at one time?  End this QB BS once and for all that has hurt and set this franchise back for so damn long now.

I have no idea what CoT are.  It also can cripple a team to pay the big bucks to a no-go or no-good QB.  So if we want to go "all in" for Cousins, we better be sure.

The rest of your post, I agree with completely.  The worst thing that happens if we draft a great rookie while having a good vet on the roster is we get the chance to make a trade.

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

SO....

Yup, agreed. I'd love to see them bring in Cousins and still draft a QB in the first. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2017 at 12:59 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

THIS IS bull ****!!!!!

Well, there goes our playoff chances... Mister "Conservative Can't Throw to WRs Worth A Damn" starting...

#@!#!#!@#!@#!@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you're on another level... I don't even know how to console you.

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I do.

When Ii read stuff like this on here I'm reminded of the movie where Jack Nicholson yells at Tom Cruise or somebody, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".

I would paraphrase that for Bills fans such as yourself "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PLAYOFFS".

Here we have a real shot (65% on some playoff sites) to end this drought thing in less than 3 weeks.  But instead of moving all the chips int he center of the table and going for it, you prefer to treat the playoff stretch run as an extended pre season and play a guy that makes horrible decisions and multitudes of rookie mistakes.

F$ck next year. 

Lets's win this thing and worry about next year next month (or the month after that :)).

It isn't that we can't handle the playoffs.

It's that making the playoffs as a fodder team doesn't mean squat to a lot of us, and that certainly includes me. I saw the Bills make the playoffs (and the Super Bowl) four times in a row and walk away without a title. I'm a long-time fan and making the playoffs as a crappy team and getting slapped aside against the first good team we played wouldn't make me happy. Seen it before, quite a few times.

I have one goal and one goal only for this team. Become legitimately competitive for a title as soon as possible. Nothing else matters to me. And we aren't doing that this year, so the next best thing we can do for the future is to get in position for a good draft. McD disagrees with that. Fine, good for him. A coach should always want to win today. That doesn't mean fans have to feel the same way.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

SO....

First of all, I'm just going to assume you don't have reading comprehension problems and, therefore, are not lumping me in with posters who "hate Cousins," whoever that might be.

Secondly, understand that the only option is Cousins OR 1st round QB, not AND. AND isn't on the table because it's not feasible. Remember that Cousins needs to sign to the deal. Thinking he'll sign a 3 year deal that isn't paying him north of $25 million per year is bonkers. Thinking we're going to pay a bridge QB north of $25 million per year for a few years with our future sitting behind him is even more bonkers!

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's that making the playoffs as a fodder team doesn't mean squat to a lot of us, and that certainly includes me. I saw the Bills make the playoffs (and the Super Bowl) four times in a row and walk away without a title. I'm a long-time fan and making the playoffs as a crappy team and getting slapped aside against the first good team we played wouldn't make me happy. Seen it before, quite a few times.

I have one goal and one goal only for this team. Become legitimately competitive for a title as soon as possible. Nothing else matters to me. And we aren't doing that this year, so the next best thing we can do for the future is to get in position for a good draft. McD disagrees with that. Fine, good for him. A coach should always want to win today. That doesn't mean fans have to feel the same way.

Thanks for a thoughtful response.  I see your point to a degree.

I too want to win a Super Bowl.  You have to make the playoffs  to go there.  I want to end the drought. I don't think its an either or. We could make the playoffs AND have a good draft and improve and be even better next year.

And who says if we get in we'd get beat?  The Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Teboe ant the Texans with TJ Yates.

As far as the draft goes, it's too late. With 7 wins, possibly 8 or 9, were going to be picking in the teens anyway. Might as well try to win.  

When you're close, you gotta do everything you can to get in. Teams get close and take a step back every year. Bucs have done it a couple of times. Raiders this year.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Thanks for a thoughtful response.  I see your point to a degree.

I too want to win a Super Bowl.  You have to make the playoffs  to go there.  I want to end the drought. I don't think its an either or. We could make the playoffs AND have a good draft and improve and be even better next year.

And who says if we get in we'd get beat?  The Broncos won a playoff game with Tim Teboe ant the Texans with TJ Yates.

As far as the draft goes, it's too late. With 7 wins, possibly 8 or 9, were going to be picking in the teens anyway. Might as well try to win.  

When you're close, you gotta do everything you can to get in. Teams get close and take a step back every year. Bucs have done it a couple of times. Raiders this year.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:47 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

First of all, I'm just going to assume you don't have reading comprehension problems and, therefore, are not lumping me in with posters who "hate Cousins," whoever that might be.

Secondly, understand that the only option is Cousins OR 1st round QB, not AND. AND isn't on the table because it's not feasible. Remember that Cousins needs to sign to the deal. Thinking he'll sign a 3 year deal that isn't paying him north of $25 million per year is bonkers. Thinking we're going to pay a bridge QB north of $25 million per year for a few years with our future sitting behind him is even more bonkers!

Where in my thread reply says Transplant?

Maybe, just maybe Cousins is not a bridge, retread or whatever some call him. His numbers and severe lack of talent on the Oline, WR and RB prove otherwise in what he has accomplished. Nothing is bonkers unless you make it that way in the mind of some Bills fans. The Bills neglecting the position is the only thing that is bonkers. Again, I don't care what Cousins will get paid. He will get paid no matter what as he should.

Doing both IMO is the team best option. 1st rd rookies miss more than they hit. So why should we bank the next 3 years that has a 50%+ chance to fold again?

In 06 when the Bills were playing around with a 50/50 rookie on his 2nd year in Losman I was really pissed when the Bills just stuck to their gun on him and would not even consider Brees, only Miami and NO looked at him. The Bills should have signed Brees (well before hindsight BTW) and tried developing a rookie QB behind him. This is the exact scenario I'm suggesting with Cousins and 1st round rookie X from the upcoming 2018 draft.  This seemed to work out damn well for GB with Favre and Rodgers.

There is absolutely no reason to get tunnel vision on a QB as it normally leads to failure.

Edited by Real McCoy

On 12/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, Dunkirk Don said:

I have it from a reliable source,  Tyrod will be under center.  Peterman will not be ready.  Injury more serious than believed. Webb will be back up. Logan Thomas taking snaps as emergency qb

Peterman's already practicing on a limited basis. ;)

20 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Sooooo... Peterman is limited in practice today, taking snaps and throwing passes, and is already in stage 4 of the concussion protocol.

Be honest now... do you have a source?  0:)

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sooooo... Peterman is limited in practice today, taking snaps and throwing passes, and is already in stage 4 of the concussion protocol.

Be honest now... do you have a source?  0:)

My reliable source is Coach McDermott.  He said if Hotrod's healthy, he's the starter.  Hotrod did full practice today.