If both Peterman and Taylor are cleared to play Sunday

Not sure why QB controversies tend to get so personal for some posters. To me that is neither necessary nor productive. We should be able to assess them more objectively.

By now we should have a good idea of what Tyrod brings to the table. An offence designed to play to his strengths can be reasonably productive, but it will likely always have some limitations, one being difficulty in mounting comebacks when once the team falls behind. If complemented with a strong D a Tyrod led team with a smart and creative offensive coordinator (like A. Lynn) is good enuf to make the playoffs.

But that is not the model that the current braintrust has in mind or intends to follow, so I have to think Tyrod is on his way out of Buffalo. 

As for Peterman, we really don't know what we have and it will be awhile before we do. I do feel that he is an intriguing prospect and I certainly want to see more of him. But that has to be taken in context. This team and fanbase has been so starved of good QB play for so long that I'd be equally excited if we had Jacoby Brissett, who despite occasional flashes could soon enough morph into Jacoby Nobody. If we were starting Jimmy Garropolo I'd be positively ecstatic, even though there can be no assurance that he is going to pan out long term. 

JMO but given the offence we are running I'd rather see Peterman start against Miami if he's healthy.

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

An offence designed to play to his strengths can be reasonably productive, but it will likely always have some limitations, one being difficulty in mounting comebacks when once the team falls behind. 

I would agree with you in the past on this.  But I'm not sure it's 100% dead on this season.  Hotrod led us to a comeback win vs the Bucs when we were down 7.  He also got what should have been a comeback vs the Panthers if you know who caught you know what.  But he failed miserably vs the bungles.

In 2017, I think the jury is still out on his comeback ability. 1 for 3 with an asterisk for the Panthers game.

13 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Regardless the Bills have continued to struggle big time against division teams this year and sweeping the Dolphins is asking way too much considering the downward spiral this team has been in since the 5-2 start.

I think the team has reversed the downward spiral by winning 2 out of the last 3 games.  One against a playoff team as of today (Cheaps).

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

5 picks. in a half.

Why do you need to see more?

Why not?   

This is whats so confounding. 

3 seasons of meh and you love the guy and 1 very bad half and you are convinced he’s a failure. 

I am willing to see more to verify he is a total bust over letting him go an maybe be a success somewhere else.  

Here’s a good one 

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Tyrod Taylor told The Buffalo News after Sunday's win over Indianapolis that he would "absolutely" be healthy enough to play next Sunday against Miami. However, Bills coach Sean McDermott said Monday that it would be "premature" to say Taylor will be ready Sunday and he remains day-to-day because of a bruised knee.

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Just a different opinion.  Funny how your comments sound just like JM 

The passion and anger in your posts defending Tyrod, I bet your head is about to exploid just like JM would be about now.

They honestly do appear to be 1 in the same no?

At least Transplant is coming around slowly.

Edited by Real McCoy

I wonder if we would ever consider playing both. Situations asking for different things or change a look for a defense during the game. Each of the QBs has a very different skill set. You could even potentially use Tyrod as a RB or WR on 1 play, hurry up and switch QBs on the same drive without letting the defense switch personnel.

At this point i’d like to see more of Peterman, but the coaches will probably pick Taylor... I think the bigger question would be if Taylor starts how long does he play if he can’t get the team moving? His last 3 starts he’s led us to 5FGs and 1 TD. That’s 22 points in 3 starts. He settled for under 70 yards in 2 of those games. That’s just not acceptable for a QB in his 7th season. We need more production out of our. We may get it with Peterman but it’s most likely gonna come with some mistakes. Doubt it will be as bad as in LA, but it probably happen. 

Lesean Mccoy has had 2 hundred yard games this season when Taylor has started and 2 when Peterman has started... Kind of ironic.... But a lot of people on these boards have said we struggle to run because teams don’t respect our pass game. I think McCoy hitting big gains gives this team the best chance of winning. 

Edited by BananaB

2 hours ago, grb said:

Taylor played well in both Jets games. Please explain exactly how you've convinced yourself otherwise. That would be interesting to hear.

Not being a fan of Taylor doesn't have to make you stupid, ya know?

Stat sheet much? Tyrod played like crap against the Jets round 2 until the 4th QTR. The first 3 qtrs of football was his famous Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde QB show.

Tyrods problem = He can play lights out for 1 maybe 2 quarters only and then the disappearing act sets in or starts right off the back. I'm not sure he is capable of putting 60 mins of consistent football together. This has really hurt him in all honesty when McCoy is not dominating the field.

The_Transformation_Dr._Jekyll_and_Mr._Hy

Edited by Real McCoy

21 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Stat sheet much? Tyrod played like crap against the Jets round 2 until the 4th QTR. The first 3 qtrs of football was his famous Dr.Jeckyl and Mr.Hyde QB show.

Tyrods problem = He can play lights out for 1 maybe 2 quarters only and then the disappearing act sets in or starts right off the back. I'm not sure he is capable of putting 60 mins of consistent football together. This has really hurt him in all honesty when McCoy is not dominating the field.

"Tyrod played like crap against the Jets round 2 until the 4th QTR"

Jet's Round Two : Taylor's first half numbers were 11-14, 79% completion, 115 yrds, 8.21 ypa, and a TD pass. - and no interceptions, of course.

Maybe you should review a stat sheet before responding again? Or some evidence ...... any evidence ..... at least one fact...... any fact.......

It would save you a world of embarrassment.....

6 hours ago, unclepete said:

Maybe the best this year. But Tyrod had a few good connections to Zay

And routinely had great connections with Sammy last year

None beat the Pats. I'd imagine Belicheck would have Peterman throw 10 picks. The Pats always struggle when QBs scramble. Don't know why Tyrod doesn't scramble more often against them. 

I've seen enough of Tyrod.  65 yards, a 50% completion percentage and an INT against the pats was the last straw.  I'd rather see if Peterman can improve.  He had a few beautiful throws to Benjamin yesterday and didn't have any mistakes besides not sliding.  We could still lose by 20 but why not try something different?  Everyone knows how to play Tyrod now.  Hope they stick with Peterman regardless of the results

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Here’s a good one 

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Tyrod Taylor told The Buffalo News after Sunday's win over Indianapolis that he would "absolutely" be healthy enough to play next Sunday against Miami. However, Bills coach Sean McDermott said Monday that it would be "premature" to say Taylor will be ready Sunday and he remains day-to-day because of a bruised knee.

Wow dude. Just wow. Mcginger HATES Tyrod. like it or not he gives him the best chance to win as frustrating as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I've seen enough of Tyrod.  65 yards, a 50% completion percentage and an INT against the pats was the last straw.  I'd rather see if Peterman can improve.  He had a few beautiful throws to Benjamin yesterday and didn't have any mistakes besides not sliding.  We could still lose by 20 but why not try something different?  Everyone knows how to play Tyrod now.  Hope they stick with Peterman regardless of the results

Sure maybe instead of 5 ints he can throw 3 ints and still knock us out of the playoffs 

:lol::lol:

5 hours ago, JPP said:

Taylor didnt play because the coaches thought the severe weather would reaggrivate his knee issue so they deactivated him....was going to be a full out running game anyways......thats what taylor himself told me anyways while i was shovelling the snow outside the tunnel.....he really really did!  Honestly he did!  no lies!  he really did!

I was actually thinking this, myself.

That would be terrible weather for someone without 100% stability in his knee to play in.  It was funny as hell just to watch everyone trying to get their footing and slipping all over the place.  That weather would have been terrible for a hobbled Taylor.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The playoffs are a pipe dream.  

Boring Tyrod is just that.  One dimensional.   

Weve had this convo a million times shady. Theyre both not the answer for buffalo the way the team and scheme os built but Ill take Tyrods random awesome highlight plays over petermens picks every single time.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Canton here comes TT with his 115 yards in a half of football.. You should be embarrassed to act like 115 yards in a half is some great success story or accomplishment. He had 1 good drive the entire half, 1

Go ahead pile on the 2 late garbage time TD's as well. 

If you read my post the Dr. Jekyll of TT is why he sucks as a QB. This game proves exactly what I'm saying with his total disappearing act in entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Since your such a "stats guy" Please explain away how 1 drive in 3 quarters of football is acceptable?

Capture.JPG

I was at that game here in NJ. Outside of maybe 5 plays there was no one ope and defenders in the backfield each play. Its a team game and tyrod was not the biggest issue tht day.

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Weve had this convo a million times shady. Theyre both not the answer for buffalo the way the team and scheme os built but Ill take Tyrods random awesome highlight plays over petermens picks every single time.

I was at that game here in NJ. Outside of maybe 5 plays there was no one ope and defenders in the backfield each play. Its a team game and tyrod was not the biggest issue tht day.

Capture.JPG

18 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Sure maybe instead of 5 ints he can throw 3 ints and still knock us out of the playoffs 

:lol::lol:

Maybe instead of 65 yards and 3 points, Tryod will throw for 70  and score 6 points and we will still be knocked out of the playoffs...two can play that game.  I actually find it funny that Peterman had a better game through 2 and a half quarters in a foot of snow and only on 10 passes than Tyrod did in perfect conditions the week before and against the Saints haha. I'd rather see if Peterman can learn from his mistakes.  His pass to Benjamin down the sideline was a pass Tyrod has never even attempted or maybe he has attempted it but just sailed an uncatchable ball out of bounds. I'd rather see Peterman play than another 3 point performance by a Tyrod led offense...

17 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

You do know 1 performance doesn't define a QB right?  If so, a lot of rookie QBs wouldn't even be given a second start.  Peyton Manning had 28 INTs in his rookie season...

We've seen Tyrod over the course of 2 and a half seasons, we know what he can do...I'd like to see the rookie play.  He actually had a good game in the snowy conditions yesterday...with ZERO INTs.  He isn't going to throw an INT every game...give him a chance

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Canton here comes TT with his 115 yards in a half of football.. You should be embarrassed to act like 115 yards in a half is some great success story or accomplishment. He had 1 good drive the entire half, 1

Go ahead pile on the 2 late garbage time TD's as well. 

If you read my post the Dr. Jekyll of TT is why he sucks as a QB. This game proves exactly what I'm saying with his total disappearing act in entire 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Since your such a "stats guy" Please explain away how 1 drive in 3 quarters of football is acceptable?

Capture.JPG

First, lets be honest here : You said Taylor accumulated all his numbers in fourth quarter garbage time. Wrong. You said that Taylor played bad. Wrong. No amount of flailing around is going to change the fact you screwed up. I'm curious; did you even watch the game? Remember - perhaps - a Nick O'Leary fumble which killed a drive? Remember - perhaps - a Jordan Matthews fumble which killed a drive? Remember - perhaps - eleven penalties for 99 yards? An o-line with all the steadfastness of wet toilet paper? Taylor repeatedly swamped by the Jet's rush as soon as he set his feet to throw? 

If you need help remembering the game - as you obviously do - why not go back and read any next day account? Not a one will support your opinion of Taylor's performance. Most said he was about the only Bill who showed up to play.

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Maybe instead of 65 yards and 3 points, Tryod will throw for 70  and score 6 points and we will still be knocked out of the playoffs...two can play that game.  I actually find it funny that Peterman had a better game through 2 and a half quarters in a foot of snow and only on 10 passes than Tyrod did in perfect conditions the week before and against the Saints haha. I'd rather see if Peterman can learn from his mistakes.  His pass to Benjamin down the sideline was a pass Tyrod has never even attempted or maybe he has attempted it but just sailed an uncatchable ball out of bounds. I'd rather see Peterman play than another 3 point performance by a Tyrod led offense...

The saints are a much better team. Foot of snow or not indy is the worst passing defense in the league so ur argument is meh. There is no evidence supporting Tyrod not being able to score vs the phins. Hes 2-2 vs the phins with one of his best games coming in a loss. NP cant wash Tyrods jockstrap. Thats why the whole country laughed at mcdumb@ss for making the switch while still in playoff contention.  You know why kc are perrenial playoff teams and afc contenders? Cuz they dont make stupid moves like the one ur suggesting. 

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

The saints are a much better team. Foot of snow or not indy is the worst passing defense in the league so ur argument is meh. There is no evidence supporting Tyrod not being able to score vs the phins. Hes 2-2 vs the phins with one of his best games coming in a loss. NP cant wash Tyrods jockstrap. Thats why the whole country laughed at mcdumb@ss for making the switch while still in playoff contention.  You know why kc are perrenial playoff teams and afc contenders? Cuz they dont make stupid moves like the one ur suggesting. 

There is evidence however of tyrod not being able to score or even move the ball against most teams he has faced this season. Probably why Mcdermott* (fixed it for you), and I imagine the coordinators, were ready to see what anyone else could possibly do. Even a 5th round rookie. Thats how bad Tyrod has been at times this season.

3 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

you cant define someone, especially a rookie,  after one game.  3 and out has been around for 7 years and has started for 3 of those.  The NO game is a perfect example of what happens with 3 and out when you take the running game away and "Force the QB to be a QB"

Aside from the fact that it makes up about 1/3rd of his NFL playing time, I agree that is unreasonable to say that about a rookie's first start, I merely was pointing out your buddy's hyperbolic take on Taylor.

33 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I coulda sworn there were 11 players on the field on offense not just one.  I gess tyrod fumbled those balls too right? 

Very true JM and I agree that the O-line looked shaky. The Jets rushed the crap out of him on purpose and played to shutdown McCoy. It's not a very hard D gameplan or blueprint anymore to stop TT's game in it's track. To sit here and say he played well is pretty absurd when he did all but squat except 1 drive in 3QTS, fumbled twice and took 7 sacks.

21 minutes ago, grb said:

First, lets be honest here : You said Taylor accumulated all his numbers in fourth quarter garbage time. Wrong. You said that Taylor played bad. Wrong. No amount of flailing around is going to change the fact you screwed up. I'm curious; did you even watch the game? Remember - perhaps - a Nick O'Leary fumble which killed a drive? Remember - perhaps - a Jordan Matthews fumble which killed a drive? Remember - perhaps - eleven penalties for 99 yards? An o-line with all the steadfastness of wet toilet paper? Taylor repeatedly swamped by the Jet's rush as soon as he set his feet to throw? 

If you need help remembering the game - as you obviously do - why not go back and read any next day account? Not a one will support your opinion of Taylor's performance. Most said he was about the only Bill who showed up to play.

Dr, Jekyll

1 minute ago, DocLawless said:

There is evidence however of tyrod not being able to score or even move the ball against most teams he has faced this season. Probably why Mcdermott* (fixed it for you), and I imagine the coordinators, were ready to see what anyone else could possibly do. Even a 5th round rookie. Thats how bad Tyrod has been at times this season.

No.  If Tyrod and the 5th round rook cant score then whats the common factor there? Dennison. Wake up mcfly. We were top 10 in scoring for 2 years before McEgo and Dennidummy got here to screw up the offense. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Very true JM and I agree that the O-line looked shaky. The Jets rushed the crap out of him on purpose and played to shutdown McCoy. It's not a very hard D gameplan or blueprint anymore to stop TT's game in it's track. To sit here and say he played well is pretty absurd when he did all but squat except 1 drive in 3QTS, fumbled twice and took 7 sacks.

Dr, Jekyll

They had no respect for our WRs beating the outside.  That is also relative. Tyrod looked like the only player trying that day. Hes not good enuff to wi without a run game and slow wrs with no separation and no hands and a wet toilet paper o line. There are plenty games Tyrod dropped the ball but that game wasnt it.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

They had no respect for our WRs beating the outside.  That is also relative. Tyrod looked like the only player trying that day. Hes not good enuff to wi without a run game and slow wrs with no separation and no hands and a wet toilet paper o line. There are plenty games Tyrod dropped the ball but that game wasnt it.

I honestly never went back and reviewed the all 22 on this game. When 7-8 d-men are coming at you someone is 1 on 1 constantly. A QB has to take the snap and fire the ball almost immediately to the 1:1 coverage. Eventually, if successful enough the D will back the hell up and your running game will open up again. As a QB he has to recognize this and understand this. Holding the ball and running around like a fool does almost nothing but waste time or leads to 7 sacks. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

I honestly never went back and reviewed the all 22 on this game. When 7-8 d-men are coming at you someone is 1 on 1 constantly. A QB has to take the snap and fire the ball almost immediately to the 1:1 coverage. Eventually, if successful enough the D will back the hell up and your running game will open up again. As a QB he has to recognize this and understand this. Holding the ball and running around like a fool does almost nothing but waste time or leads to 7 sacks. 

You might not want to look at it. Its gonna be depressing to see our wrs during that time of the season couldnt beat simple man coverage and get seperation by the time the rush got home.

9 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

was that the game where romo was saying..."hey ,you got man coverage, you gotta take those shots!"

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

was that the game where romo was saying..."hey ,you got man coverage, you gotta take those shots!"

Yes. The one were romo was wondering why tt wasnt throwing 50/50 balls to see if our wrs could make a play. Romo obviously hadnt seen our wrs in action when the ball hits their hands at that point.  Lol regardless who was throwing it tt or np.

13 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

To be fair, it may very well be what he is remembered for in the NFL. 

From disaster to success story?

I like it!!!!!

9 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Banned by snowflakes bac from the dead ya bish. Lol

You admit to being a banned poster?

Is that allowed?