Peterman will be starting Sunday

Doc

4 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Perfect. Getting the future used car salesman another start will accomplish two things. First, convince the Bills further that they currently dont have a starter. Second, guarantee a loss thus improving our position in the draft which will make it easier to trade up and get a potential franchose qb.

I'm on this bus. We won't win out. 9-7 won't get us in. 8-8 hurts draft positioning and we need a quarterback. Denver decided to shitcan it early and get their guy. Unless we trade with the niners, we may miss out again. We have to give Peterman an extended look. I really like Rudolph so far and hope he falls to us. If not, I'm not sure who we end up with. Anyone got an opinion on the qb's  coming out.

If he plays well we'll have a bridge / backup QB to help along with whomever we draft and I do believe we'll be taking a QB in April.  Start Nate.  Tyrod hasn't progressed much and its year #3.  He could get hurt seriously too if he isnt able to get out of harms way on the bum knee. Like RG III did.  I for one DO NOT want to see that happen.

Go Bills.

Win out get in.  I dont think they can beat NE or win both Dolphin games.  However, peterman has done nothing to be granted playing time over a medically cleared Taylor.  Maybe a blizzard hits NE and its suddenly a defensive struggle.  Peterman played his way to the clipboard barring injury.

I am assuming Peterman has learned something from his start versus the Chargers.  Meanwhile, the Colts go into the game riddled with injuries in their secondary and a poor pass rush.  Everything points to a better outing if Peterman starts.

Yes please. Hopefully he plays well (in a close loss) and then he starts for the rest of the season. Let's see what the young man can do. If he throws 10 ints in the 1st half then who cares. Keep throwing it and figure it out as you go. That's how you get better. Can't be scared to make a mistake. Gotta let it fly

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Starting Peterman against the Chargers was utterly irresponsible. I don't see how that has changed much, except that the Colts are not as good as the Chargers. 

the Colts do not feature a top defense like the Charges, and have QB eaters Bosa and Ingram.  

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Yes please. Hopefully he plays well (in a close loss) and then he starts for the rest of the season. Let's see what the young man can do. If he throws 10 ints in the 1st half then who cares. Keep throwing it and figure it out as you go. That's how you get better. Can't be scared to make a mistake. Gotta let it fly

If he throws 10 INTs in a half the record books will care. He already did something that no one since the merger has. If he doubles that I’d have to imagine they’d be impressed.

All joking aside I hope that he takes steps. He’s never going to be the guy here but may be the #2 long-term. As we’ve seen with guys like Keenum this year and Moore last year those guys can be the difference in playoffs or at home. I want to have confidence that Peterman is the guy that can hold down the fort for a month if an injury occurs. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If this is who I think it is, I'm pretty sure it's inside info and he'll be right.

Sweet, let's see if he learned something from his first start.

I wonder if teams have people in their office check out their opponents message boards for inside info before the games.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sweet, let's see if he learned something from his first start.

I wonder if teams have people in their office check out their opponents message boards for inside info before the games.

The moment Taylor was injured and left the field in the cart last Sunday I really thought would be the last time we'd see him under center for the Bills, barring an injury to Peterman.  But then McDermott said flat-out that Taylor is the starter when healthy.

So, despite the fact that I actually believe the OP, I'm eager to see how the hell this plays out.

I would say there's no way Peterman can be worse than he was in the Chargers game, but in the week leading up to the Chargers game I also said he couldn't be worse than Taylor in the Saints game.  Obvious mistake on my part.

Who knows.  This will be the least excited for a W I've ever been, mainly because I think we'll win and we should win easily.  I'll probably feel the same way beating the 'Phins next week if we do.

That Patriots loss just took a lot out of me.

Despite that, I'm rooting for Ws and, who knows, maybe I'll feel much differently come Monday 0:)

I am hoping it's one of those moments where I look back and say 'I was one of the 40K people who showed to watch Peterman's first full game in Buffalo'  and then people say 'Was that the game the Bills won 63 - 6?' and I say 'Yes.  The beginning of the new era.  Everyone says they were there, but I was.'

A man can dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1