Chiefs decide to suspend Marcus Peters for Raiders game

YoloinOhio

This is awesome. I saw a Twitter post from I think Sal earlier today saying that with the cheifs sitting at a tie atop their division, they would give us about the 25th pick in the first round. If they miss the playoffs, however, with the exact same record, we get about the 15th pick... BURN KC BURN! How great would it be if we squeaked into the playoffs ourselves (BURN TITANS!) plus got the #11 pick from the KC trade?? There should be a decent QB available at 11, but that's also shouting distance to get up to about the 5th pick without mortgaging the future of the franchise, which would likely have to happen if we finish with the 20th and 25th picks, instead, and still try to trade up to 5-ish.

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

IMHO, Reid is suspending him to give the Chiefs a wake up call. That’s a big ass hurt from a paycheck perspective.  

I also think that Peters kind of had some kind of discipline coming. Reid has to show him he isn’t bigger than the team. He seems to think he is.  He plays as more of an individual. He doesn’t like to tackle. He’s out for stats. His track record coming out of college was sketchy and i don’t see much change. Jmo

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Reid is suspending him because he walked off the field on Sunday, and not because he threw that flag?

Gee..let's see. which is more of a problem...a guy that throws a flag into the stands and gets a 1 yard penalty or a guy who says "F you" to the coaches and teammates and decides he has had enough and will just quit for the day?

Shouldn't be that hard to understand quitting on a team is a far more serious offense than getting what amounted to a 1 yard penalty(and really didn't affect them at all since the other player had ALREADY gotten flagged for it)

Edited by matter2003

54 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I give Andy some credit here. Huge game for his team that is already in a tailspin and he suspends his best DB. 

I agree. High character move by a coach most likely fed up with babysitting a head case like Peters. 

I hope Housley borrows a page from Reid's book and sits a couple of his whiney star players who couldn't look any more disinterested if they tried (last night's Avs game notwithstanding). 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Manther said:

Andy Reid suspends Peters.  Pats allow Gronk to appeal his suspension.  As they turn.....

AFAIK, a team has no control over any player's decision to appeal league discipline or not.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz