Who Would You Like to See More of in the Final 4 Weeks?

This is the time of the year where I allow my fan mind to transfer 100% to next season. Technically, I wait till the playoff projection models give the Bills less than a 10% chance, so I may be a week early, but it feels close enough.  Here's who I'd like to see more of (and less of) -

- More Ryan Groy, Less Eric Wood and/or Vlad Ducasse.  Wood signed an unfortunate extension, so probably Groy at Guard makes more sense.

- More Logan Thomas, less anyone named anything other than Charles Clay (particularly Andre Holmes, who is unlikely to be back). I was glad to see Thomas active again, but that was only because O'Leary was out. I'd like to see them construct some plays just for Thomas. We need to know whether there's any reason to try to keep him around. 

- More Matt Milano, less Ramon Humber. Looks like that's happening. More Tanner Vallejo, less Preston Brown. That should happen since Brown is very unlikely to be back.

- More  Practice Squad promotions, less of nonreturning vets everywhere. Brandon Reilly is obvious; I don't need to see more from Deonte Thompson or (at this point) Jordan Matthews, other than as veteran help for Peterman adjusting to the NFL. The Practice Squad RB now is Marcus Murphy from Missouri.  Let me just say: why not? Cadet is fine as a 3rd down back, but give some carries to anyone else to spell McCoy now. 

This is NFL spring training for me. I'll still watch, but please make it at least a little interesting.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess so.  I am going to watch every minute of all the rest of the games, so I would just assume they try to win them.  

Who knows what next year brings?  I think it is unlikely that Taylor or McCoy are back...I also wouldn't be shocked to see Clay gone.  

McBeanes will do all of the above, while trying to compete and win games.   Just as they have all year as they evaluate what they have.   All has rolled out as I envisioned, I just thought TT would go down or otherwise be replaced a few games earlier.    Key injuries have occurred right on schedule (Glenn, TT, WRs,  others) , and other than swiping a couple games against poorly playing good teams they should have lost to due to excessive turnovers, the "Controlled Tank" (tanking without saying you're tanking) is pretty much rolling out.   Its all good.   Trust the process.   Hopefully they squeak out 8-8 and go get Kirk Cousins or luck out with a QB mid-draft.. .  

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

The only thing I have a strong opinion about along these lines is QB.

I do not want to see Tyrod play another snap for this team ever again.

I hope he heals up on a personal level, but it would be convenient if his injury is serious enough to sit him the rest of the year without the need to decide the issue.

Nothing is going to be gained by Bills wins at this point and nothing will be gained by playing Tyrod.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The only thing I have a strong opinion about along these lines is QB.

I do not want to see Tyrod play another snap for this team ever again.

I hope he heals up on a personal level, but it would be convenient if his injury is serious enough to sit him the rest of the year without the need to decide the issue.

Nothing is going to be gained by Bills wins at this point and nothing will be gained by playing Tyrod.

i have no interest in seeing tyrod take another snap. peterman looks like a real qb ( better if the wrs can catch)... and if tyrod was hurt early on like mcd supposedly said then shame on him for not making the change....and the play calling at the end of the first drive makes me hope rico is out the door by jan. 1st. any one who thinks we have to stick with taylor because we are not yet eliminated is trippin.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Tyrod,

I hope he makes an appearance as a QB this year ;)

no.  He's a great person, has solid work ethic, but cannot throw a pass to save his life.  That ship has sailed.  I can't remember very many(If any) passes he's thrown this year that weren't off target completely, or grossly missed altogether.

Ride Peterson, see what he may/may not have, then look to the draft.

6 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

no.  He's a great person, has solid work ethic, but cannot throw a pass to save his life.  That ship has sailed.  I can't remember very many(If any) passes he's thrown this year that weren't off target completely, or grossly missed altogether.

Ride Peterson, see what he may/may not have, then look to the draft.

I was joking...like he hasn't really played QB this year.

Give Peterman the next two starts.  Regardless of how he plays, leave him in there for 60 minutes each game.  If he does well enough to "keep the job," let him play the season out.  If he stinks after two games, give Webb the ball for the final two.