Tyrod injury: patella contusion, day-to-day

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

And yet last week, some folks were suggesting we build around Tyrod.

Well I won't deny that it might be a direction I still would go potentially. I think Tyrod is a playmaker. I still not sold that he's trash. He played hurt all game I respect him a lot.

I wouldn't be hurt if they did build the offense around him only if it made sense because you might not be able to grab one of the top 3 QBs or have to spend to much to get it.

I know one thing. If the offence produces we win today. Do whatever you have to. It needs to be fixed.

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Well I won't deny that it might be a direction I still would go potentially. I think Tyrod is a playmaker. I still not sold that he's trash. He played hurt all game I respect him a lot.

I wouldn't be hurt if they did build the offense him only if it made sense because you might not be able to grab one of the top 3 QBs or have to spend to much to get it.

Well, I think we have the ammo to grab the third best qb.  If Darnold comes out, I'd be more than happy with either Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.  If not, I think Jackson may be around for one of our firsts and I would take a shot.  No way in Hades you are selling this fan base on any form of even potentially building around Tyrod.  He appears a fine person and an excellent athlete, but I don't think he's really capable of being consistently good at qb.  Given the lower threshold, I would agree he is a solid backup.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I think we have the ammo to grab the third best qb.  If Darnold comes out, I'd be more than happy with either Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.  If not, I think Jackson may be around for one of our firsts and I would take a shot.  No way in Hades you are selling this fan base on any form of even potentially building around Tyrod.  He appears a fine person and an excellent athlete, but I don't think he's really capable of being consistently good at qb.  Given the lower threshold, I would agree he is a solid backup.

I think getting a QB is the safe pick. I just wouldn't like to be forced to take a QB out of desperation. Hopefully the Bills can get to a favorable spot and we are not picking at scraps just because we still hungry.

It would be awesome to not squander good defensive performances anymore. You need to strike gold on this pick. If you trade up you need to hit or it's a stain.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I think getting a QB is the safe pick. I just wouldn't like to be forced to take a QB out of desperation. Hopefully the Bills can get to a favorable spot and we are not picking at scraps just because we still hungry.

Forced made some sense the EJ year when there really weren't first round grade qbs available.  There will be some in 2018.  Fortunately, our desperation and rational action are not antithetical under those conditions.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

No way in Hades you are selling this fan base on any form of even potentially building around Tyrod. 

I think they did try to build an offense more suited to TT this year.

There were designed roll outs, dinks and dunks over the middle to Clay.

We never saw that last year.

They recognized there was no point starting Sammy and Woods because Tyrod couldn't find them anyway,

so they took the draft choices and got slower, taller receivers for him to find.

For awhile it seemed to be working. Then, for some reason, It just stopped working.

McD is on the hot seat and he wants to move on at QB. TT is gonzo.

If they could find anybody willing to give them a 4th rounder for him right now, I think they'd do it tonight

1 minute ago, B Fan in LA said:

I think they did try to build an offense more suited to TT this year.

There were designed roll outs, dinks and dunks over the middle to Clay.

We never saw that last year.

They recognized there was no point starting Sammy and Woods because Tyrod couldn't find them anyway,

so they took the draft choices and got slower, taller receivers for him to find.

For awhile it seemed to be working. Then, for some reason, It just stopped working.

McD is on the hot seat and he wants to move on at QB. TT is gonzo.

If they could find anybody willing to give them a 4th rounder for him right now, I think they'd do it tonight

I keep reading that Taylor and Dennison's offense aren't compatible.  Others have also complained about the new blocking scheme which went away from the aggressive approach that yielded a generally more effective run game.  Whatever accomodations were made for Tyrod, they didn't seem to consistently use read-option and roll outs, though we may have used them some.  I personally just don't think Taylor is a quality starting qb.  Regardless, I agree they would be happy to unload Taylor for a mid-round pick.

It likely is. It's almost fitting it was in what turned out to be a surprisingly winnable game against the Bills chief tormentors . Due mostly to a solid defensive effort and gameplan by McDermott that was derailed by putrid QB play. Pretty much a microcosm of the Bills current state. 

You feel bad for him because he genuinely seems like a good guy and I have no doubt he has played to the best of his ability while here. At the same token, he's not our future. Thanks for everything Tyrod. Best of luck to you wherever you land. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

They took everything away that made him successful and asked him to become a rhythm passer, with no deep routes, no offensive line and no receivers.

The strategy was stupid from Day 1 and it’s fair to seriously question the glorified gym teacher we have at head coach.

That all said, I wish Tyrod well in Arizona, Baltimore or Denver next season.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They took everything away that made him successful and asked him to become a rhythm passer, with no deep routes, no offensive line and no receivers.

The strategy was stupid from Day 1 and it’s fair to seriously question the glorified gym teacher we have at head coach.

That all said, I wish Tyrod well in Arizona, Baltimore or Denver next season.

It was insane. He didn't make enough plays. But they completely screwed him. There wasn't one rollout or naked boot. The WR were brutally awful this game. They can't trust blocking so they send only 3-4 guys out against six and no one is open. Dennison is criminal. 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It was insane. He didn't make enough plays. But they completely screwed him. There wasn't one rollout or naked boot. The WR were brutally awful this game. They can't trust blocking so they send only 3-4 guys out against six and no one is open. Dennison is criminal. 

No matter who takes over at QB this season or who they get next season first order of business is to dump Dennision ASAP!!!

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It wasn't just Taylor but he didn't do enough. Just kills me how this team beats itself.

And now, with Eric Lee kicking our ass, the Pats* are beating us with our own players!

It's a shame our staff did not realize Eric Lee's talent, or could not develop/utilize it.