72 Hours of Buffalo Sports Hell Coming Up

BuffaloBaumer

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

And then on Sunday eve the UB Football team who are Bowl eligible will be one of 2 or 3 teams left out of the mix.  That will be the final kick in the nuts for the weekend.  enjoy! 

It's good to know that they return the majority of their offense next year. If they can stay healthy they should be able to have a big year. Had they stayed healthy (like not losing their top 2 QBs for several weeks) this year they probably would've won 9 games.

Edited by suorangefan4

1 minute ago, PABillsfan23 said:

I love how they call this week Patriot week like it’s a big rivalry or something lol.  It’s just a reminder of the loudest three wins against them in i don’t know how many years.  Patriot week lol what a joke. 

A fan on Deadspin's "why your team sucks" summarized it perfectly:

"We get 3 Super Bowls a year: the game vs. New England, the game at New England, and the NFL draft. We usually lose all three."

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that the Sabres were going to the bottom regardless if they made the trades or not

They had just picked 8th in the draft the year before the tank and their trajectory was going down towards the bottom.

That was bound to happen at some point because the Sabres had only 1 pick in the top 5 (2003 - Vanek) since 1987.

The trades were necessary. They were all upcoming UFAs who were getting older and on a downward trajectory. The correct thing to do is to start from scratch and get what you can for those players. It's flat out ignorance to think what the Sabres did was wrong. 

The Sabres won't be down for long. People look at the record and think wow they really suck but there are some good pieces there and they have some nice pieces in place and the prospect pool is getting stocked well. 

Not sure where you get this from. They have many veterans not producing on big contracts.....O'Reilly, Okposo, Moulson, Pominville, Bogosian...Eichel and Reinhart doing nothing and are about to trade the only player that's actually playing well in Kane

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Getting the top pick and gutting a team and relying on the top pick to step in and lead you to glory are two different things.  The Leafs for example (my team) signed veterans to establish Babcocks new structure so when the influx of kids came there was something already established to plug them into.

I don't know what veterans they signed, certainly, a guy like Kadri who they kept is helping tremendously.And Marleau was not there last year, which was the very next year after the Leafs went completely to the bottom, won the lottery, and were in the playoffs.Let's not forget the Leafs decided to tank about December of 14, sabres just had too big of lead to catch in the race to the bottom.

and while I don't watch the Leafs near as much as the Sabres, that team is clearly being led by the youngsters. Tanking works, but not if you have a chucklhead wasting assets all over the place.

The Sabres are a failure and bordering on disaster.  The Murray/Bylsma regime the past two seasons produced 81 and 78 points.  Lousy but not embarrassing (even with an injured Eichel).    This current team is on pace for like 54 points?!?..and they were expected to compete for the playoffs.  Housley managed to turn the #1 power play in the NHL last season...to dead last #30.   Kind of like what Rick Dennison has done to the #1 Bills rushing attack!    Anyway, I think Housley is doing a terrible job so far and Botterill had better find an answer.

12 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

The Sabres won't be down for long. People look at the record and think wow they really suck but there are some good pieces there and they have some nice pieces in place and the prospect pool is getting stocked well. 

IDK about that.  Their vets aren't producing with their big contracts.  They're near the cap and probably lose their best guy in E Kane.  I don't see much from the youth either.  Reinhardt is probably gone at the end of this contract

34 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not sure where you get this from. They have many veterans not producing on big contracts.....O'Reilly, Okposo, Moulson, Pominville, Bogosian...Eichel and Reinhart doing nothing and are about to trade the only player that's actually playing well in Kane

I see they bought up Ulmark this morning I hope like hell they give him a shot. Not like goal is the only problem but I think he might be the best in the system. As for peeps not producing, your spot on.

The Sabres took the pens to OT a few weeks ago, and the pens aren't all that this season sitting at 13-10-3.

Plus they are averaging 2.8 goals per game versus the Sabres 2.2. A split wouldn't shock me.   But either would dropping both ;)

If the Bills offense can keep Brady on the sideline they should be able to keep it close.  But if the 3 and out parade starts it's going to get ugly with Brady picking apart the Bills secondary.

15 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I see they bought up Ulmark this morning I hope like hell they give him a shot. Not like goal is the only problem but I think he might be the best in the system. As for peeps not producing, your spot on.

Goaltending is the least of their problems IMO.  They can't score goals. To me, Eichel isn't the savior they hoped he would be,  He is above average, but he isn't an elite player such as a Crosby for example.

To me, the highlight of this Buffalo sports season is Marty Biron doing the intermission and post game shows.  He is very good.

Edited by CodeMonkey

25 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The Sabres took the pens to OT a few weeks ago, and the pens aren't all that this season sitting at 13-10-3.

Plus they are averaging 2.8 goals per game versus the Sabres 2.2. A split wouldn't shock me.   But either would dropping both ;)

If the Bills offense can keep Brady on the sideline they should be able to keep it close.  But if the 3 and out parade starts it's going to get ugly with Brady picking apart the Bills secondary.

Goaltending is the least of their problems IMO.  They can't score goals. To me, Eichel isn't the savior they hoped he would be,  He is above average, but he isn't an elite player such as a Crosby for example.

To me, the highlight of this Buffalo sports season is Marty Biron doing the intermission and post game shows.  He is very good.

The Sabres always go up by like 2 or 3 goals and they choke it away every time to the Pens.